Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Company News Stardock sexual harassment lawsuit dropped

Unwanted

Cursed Platypus

Unwanted
I'm pretty sure the guy will be deeply hurt by not earning your respect for how he is running his company though.

Nothing you've said addresses the point:

Shitty-sounding manager. Whiny, childish attitude.

We did. He's not just legally right, he's right in every possible way not to allow this individual to dictate him how to behave. You would get this kind of reply from most managers, that's called being put to your place. She would just be summoned to his office and get yelled into submission.
She actually accuses him of stuff which, according to him, didn't happen. Many managers would just fire you on the spot for that.

So the reply in itself does not make him sound like a shitty, whiny, childish manager.

And making a few politically incorrect jokes (or even many) , if it's about that, does not make you a shitty, whinny manager. Maybe childish for some, but that's the kind of atmosphere there is in laid back (and even stern) working environment with a majority of male.

dnf

Pedophile
Dumbfuck Shitposter
I'm pretty sure the guy will be deeply hurt by not earning your respect for how he is running his company though.

Not as wounded as people like you seem to be that I disrespect him, so there's that at least.

Keep going, though, tell me how eminently legal it all is. Tell me about all the great and zany real reasons companies form and operate, how making money and doing real work is second fiddle to pudding pools and pants padding.
Dude you are boring. Just don't tell me you are a woman plz, im trying to be progressive and non judgemental.

Lorica

Educated

Not as wounded as people like you seem to be that I disrespect him, so there's that at least.

Keep going, though, tell me how eminently legal it all is. Tell me about all the great and zany real reasons companies form and operate, how making money and doing real work is second fiddle to pudding pools and pants padding.
Dude you are boring. Just don't tell me you are a woman plz, im trying to be progressive and non judgemental.

No, I'm just apparently one of the few squares who's had a job other than flipping burgers for dime-bag money.

We did. He's not just legally right, he's right in every possible way not to allow this individual to dictate him how to behave. You would get this kind of reply from most managers, that's called being put to your place. She would just be summoned to his office and get yelled into submission.
She actually accuses him of stuff which, according to him, didn't happen. Many managers would just fire you on the spot for that.

So the reply in itself does not make him sound like a shitty, whiny, childish manager.

And making a few politically incorrect jokes (or even many) , if it's about that, does not make you a shitty, whinny manager. Maybe childish for some, but that's the kind of atmosphere there is in laid back (and even stern) working environment with a majority of male.

The issue isn't the working environment per se, it's how he handles the complaint. He doesn't address the problems directly. He skirts some by saying "don't remember, guess I'll keep en eye out" and then seizes on one and gets hyper-sensitive, trying to pull "I own your ass!" and "I gotta be me, baw," before going to "you had better find another job if you don't like it!" So what did she do? She quit, like he told her to, and he got left whining about that, too.

Putting an employee in his place would be saying: If you want your problem addressed, you need to speak up in the moment rather than sending me accusatory emails after the fact. I frown on that behaviour because it doesn't address your problems in the moment and it foments more internal strife. Additionally, I view your letter as a personal attack, not professional criticism, and I won't accept that from someone who works for me.

Instead, he got butthurt and became a bigger primadona than the employee. Even he recognises that his reply was retarded. And there's no better proof of the poor handling than, you know, what happened. Employee quits without notice, sabotaging a project as she goes, and starts litigation. He "bawwwwws!" some more, his bluster hilariously called. Sabotage doesn't seem justified by any means, but what was this guy thinking when he wrote that letter?

As I said, Manager of the Fucking Year.

Ninjerk

Arcane
I don't know anything specific about her claims, just what's in the letters (which claim that he did touch her, for what it's worth). I still find his response whiny BS. This moral and legal right you talk about is a cowardly cover for childish behaviour. Sure, he'd probably be totally fine showing up to work in his pyjamas and playing with dolls all day instead of working, but I wouldn't respect him for that, either.

Good thing he doesn't give a fuck what you think.

Overboard

Arcane
I would like to take a moment to thank Lorica for providing a clear and unequivocal example of what is commonly known as a "mangina".

Having said that, I will probably not bother replying to Lorica's posts, since it's hard to conduct a discussion with someone who fails at both logic and critical thinking. Claiming to be involved with businesses in a consulting position yet not knowing the difference between CEO, owner, and manager makes me wonder if the problem with all those failed or failing businesses was the consultant they were working with.

Also, it appears that Lolrica continues with straw men by now accusing Wardell of anti-semitism, which strikes me as rather pathetic since he has to resort to imaginary offenses to demonise Wardell further.

Lorica

Educated
ITT unemployable welfare queens riding a breeze of intellectual superiority complexes whiteknight manchild responsible for shitty games. Codexers talk about something other than video games.

dnf

Pedophile
Dumbfuck Shitposter
ITT unemployable welfare queens riding a breeze of intellectual superiority complexes whiteknight manchild responsible for shitty games. Codexers talk about something other than video games.
Wait for Mar 6, 2014.

J1M

Arcane
According to Brad Stardock is a very laid back studio. There is no evidence of harassment, rather it's just the typical fratboy kind of environment. Immature but innocent and not ill intended.
Harassment doesn't need malicious intent to be so. This is the law in the US.

She's getting paid, he get's a nonpology.
Brad said he didn't have to pay her anything.
Her gave her zero negative money by dropping a legitimate lawsuit. That was because although he is an immature, vulgar, sexist person, he is not petty. :smug:

Last edited:

J1M

Arcane
If you can't treat your employees in a civil manner, you have no business running a company, whether you own it or not. Incorporation comes with many privileges and responsibilities, and one of those is to obey the law on workplace harassment. If you won't follow the law, shut down the company.
Sounds like someone has sand in their vagina. I am shocked that you think the double-speak two-faced political-correctness of the modern HR department applies to corporations that exist to tear open the earth and harvest it.

These fake niceties and their resulting drama only exist in workplaces that have significant female populations.

J1M

Arcane

I'd work for him. So would my co-workers who are earning their salaries. I'm guessing you don't have a useful skill or trade that you practice in an environment where people who lack this useful skill or trade are earning the same salary as you for doing zero or negative work.

Having a manager that will stand up to HR is a huge boon.

dnf

Pedophile
Dumbfuck Shitposter

I'd work for him. So would my co-workers who are earning their salaries. I'm guessing you don't have a useful skill or trade that you practice in an environment where people who lack this useful skill or trade are earning the same salary as you for doing zero or negative work.

No homo, but male only work enviromnents looks much more nice and stress free than working with oversensitive woman.

Dreaad

Arcane
Deep in your subconscious mind spreading lies.
Basically what it comes down to is she overacted (probably on purpose) he panicked and said some silly things. Still glad she didn't get away with nonsense. Sexual harassment should not = you looked at me in the wrong manner. Sure emotional abuse exists and sure %50 of jokes are based on 'real' feelings, but you have to be able to distance yourself from what people think of you to succeed, otherwise your only options are to act like a victim hoping for free handouts.

Please be careful with your "jokes" which are at many times inappropriate, sexist, vulgar and very embarrassing not only to me, but everyone present.

Seriously what kind of shit self esteem do you have to have to whine like this.

dnf

Pedophile
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Basically what it comes down to is she overacted (probably on purpose) he panicked and said some silly things. Still glad she didn't get away with nonsense. Sexual harassment should not = you looked at me in the wrong manner. Sure emotional abuse exists and sure %50 of jokes are based on 'real' feelings, but you have to be able to distance yourself from what people think of you to succeed, otherwise your only options are to act like a victim hoping for free handouts.

Please be careful with your "jokes" which are at many times inappropriate, sexist, vulgar and very embarrassing not only to me, but everyone present.

Seriously what kind of shit self esteem do you have to have to whine like this.
Do keep in mind that women self esteem works differently than male self esteem. Women self esteem is inflated by default, so the tyniest bit of insult can bring serious headache...

Absinthe

Arcane
Being familiar with harassment, you should know that inappropriate jokes count, even if the person being harassed isn't the recipient.
Reading up on legal stuff is a bit of a personal curiosity of mine. It might surprise you to discover that hostile environment sexual harassment (there's also "quid pro quo" sexual harassment, like having to fuck the boss for a promotion, which is not what Miseta was suing) has a considerably higher bar for "help help I'm being oppressed as a woman" than "someone was telling naughty jokes around the office and wouldn't stop." Just because HR might flip tables over this shit doesn't mean the courts would even blink at it. In fact, if the woman in question can be demonstrated to have participated in such ribaldry even once, complaints about jokes in an office environment are frequently utterly rejected in court. Miseta has been proven to make fun of men's genitals and talk about giving guys squeezejobs through the pants with coworkers. It's also hard to prove you're oppressed by the boss when you make an occasional office joke that you're going to tase him (the taser does not actually exist) for lack of punctuality and it's a known fact that you have a foam bat which you do use to jokingly beat the boss for missing deadlines.

You might also be surprised to discover Miseta was moonlighting for a long time (even using office hours to do so) while working at Stardock. Now, hostile environment sexual harassment suits require evidence that the hostile environment was oppressive enough to disrupt the ability to function in an office environment or otherwise drive you out of the office, so if you are capable of working on two jobs at once while at the office, you probably weren't being oppressed enough that you couldn't do your work. More to the point, Miseta already found and accepted a new and higher-paying job before she even sent the e-mail which started this chain of events. This is also problematic for her case because you can't say his response was responsible for you needing to find a new job when you already accepted the new job before you even brought up the issue with him esp. when it's a known fact that the new job pays much better (so it's not like you left just because you couldn't stand working at Stardock). Beyond that, before this e-mail, she never contacted HR (Actually, she didn't contact HR with this e-mail either. She contacted Brad, who had to forward it to HR.) or anyone else in the office, which also ruins her case because you can't complain if you never tried to fix it.

Did the point go through yet? Miseta had no case. It consisted of one damning e-mail after she was already leaving the company (but before the company knew she was leaving) and a few minor incidents that would get scrutinized and rejected by the court.

So, why would she sue? Same reason she left Stardock, really: Money.

Companies exist to make money, not to stroke the ego of a tactless moron who calls himself a manager.
That is nothing but bullshit. Companies don't need to make more and more money. Companies only need to cover their operating expenses. Beyond that they exist to do whatever the fuck the owner wants to do, whether that means making more profit, helping run an orphanage, or posting stupid youtube videos to the detriment of mankind. It's publicly traded corporations that actually have a legal mandate to keep making more money because otherwise you are stiffing some of the owners what they paid for. A company owned by 1 guy does whatever that 1 guy wants, preferably with the consent of the employees.

I'm in the process of watching a company go down in great big balls of flames due to retards like this and trying to whip the owner of another into shape before he drives his company to implosion again. They both say shit like that. They both do shit like that. They've both managed to scupper million dollar projects in the past year through stupid ego bullshit and they've both managed to lose 50% of core staff in a six month window with more on their way out. There may be some business genius out there (or, more likely, someone who's insansely lucky) who really does know all the answers and their moronic games will pay off, but surely you've been in the workforce long enough that you don't me trying to covince you that this attitude is a losing attitude.
Oh good. Starting with "I've been in a completely different company, so it must be like this one." (a non-sequitur) is a good way to make a point. You have me convinced. Dumbass.

Read it again. It's not "this company is for making money, not for providing you with friends that you like, so buck up," it's "this company is for me and I do what I want." Yeah, I don't think it's stupid to think the former when you sign a contract instead of the latter. He's making the ridiculous claim that making vulgar jokes IS the objective of the company. The company exists to make money for its shareholders, not make some man-child feel self-important.
Again, this is bullshit. Wardell is the sole owner of the company, so yes, he can do whatever the fuck he wants with it - within the confines of the law. That's what ownership is about. When you sign the contract, expect what's written on the fucking contract and what's written in the law. When you work, expect your job. Don't expect that the boss will run the place the way you believe it should be run, because he is probably not you and most likely does not have the same priorities and perspectives in life as you do.

As I understand your opinion, Wardell must be an asshole boss who you hate to work for. Which really means something, considering you don't work for him or even know him. But at least you've judged him. For the shit that went wrong in your company, and not his.

If anyone is being a man-child, I think it's you.

Last edited:

Lorica

Educated
:lol:

Please tell me more about how the CEO of a company penning message-board level, hypersensitive butthurt drivel to an employee is totally not ridiculous and really manfully taking a stand. The more you do it, the more I understand where you're coming from.

You're right, no one like that has lasted long where I work right now and I've never had to put up with that kind of situation long in the past. I don't see how Wardell's letter counts as standing up to HR, though. In fact, it looks like he takes it personally and gets bitchy in response to being challenged by an underling, then tries to half-way scapegoat her after the fact when his company releases a stinker. I wouldn't work for him after reading that.

Dreaad

Arcane
Deep in your subconscious mind spreading lies.
3olw0d.jpg

Ninjerk

Arcane
:lol:

Please tell me more about how the CEO of a company penning message-board level, hypersensitive butthurt drivel to an employee is totally not ridiculous and really manfully taking a stand. The more you do it, the more I understand where you're coming from.

You're right, no one like that has lasted long where I work right now and I've never had to put up with that kind of situation long in the past. I don't see how Wardell's letter counts as standing up to HR, though. In fact, it looks like he takes it personally and gets bitchy in response to being challenged by an underling, then tries to half-way scapegoat her after the fact when his company releases a stinker. I wouldn't work for him after reading that.

mario_princess-in-another-castle.jpg

So some bitch got butthurt over a few jokes. Big fucking deal SJW and undomesticated snowmen are making.

This shit just proves that the only women who should be allowed to work in companies with guys are those postmenopausal ladies, who don't pull this kind of shit as often.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
And coincidently, aren't harassed as often uh.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom