Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Starfield - Epic Shit Takes from Bethestards

Vatnik Wumao
I uninstalled and am going to shelve the game for a year. The performance is unacceptable, I could live with a lot of other issues but with how disgusting this game looks I just can't fathom how it performs so badly. In a year the game will be in a better state (Fabulously Optimistic) and there will be tons of mods to fix Todd's retarded design decisions (Fabulously Optimistic).

Back to Baldur's Gate 3 and Jagged Alliance! I also have Miasma Chronicles still to play.

Just buy a new computer bitch.
Buying a new gfx card every gen is a scam. I'm sticking with my 3080 until NVIDIA Frame Gen emerges from beta (5000 series)
I'm playing on a 2070 SUPER (and an overkill i9 CPU admittedly) with max graphics and I have no issues. So I'm confused why people with better rigs than mine are complaining about performance.

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
Transfer from ship to outpost and vice versa is stupidly clunky. You can technically do it from a special building if you have a landing pad, but that has fuck all for storage space while there can be only one of it in the outpost.
you can connect that thing to storage containers tho via link and it will automatically be distributed to those containers and can be used for manufacturing, it's like a shittier version of factorio

Bendu

Augur
My only recommendation for people who want to play the game would be just go primary for the main and faction quests, do some side quest between the main and faction quests, ignore most of the "Mission" type of quest (maybe 2 or 3 for each faction), ignore all other radiant quests. You will still see the woke shit and bland writing, but so the game can be decent at times.

20230908204136_1itiu3.jpg

20230906180306_1z7fgp.jpg

20230907075057_1i4fid.jpg

20230907121529_15ri87.jpg

20230908145413_1upig1.jpg

20230908194153_1clexq.jpg

Justinian

Arcane
Developer
yup, it's definitely an FPS :lol:

but big improvement over FO4 combat, not sure about FO76 as I never played it.

I think mods can make it even better, somehow

Have not played the game but is it true it has no dismemberment? I don't see how it could possibly be better than Fallout 4 if that's the case.

Vic

Savant
Why is this planet wearing its rings as a hat?
it doesn't wear it as a hat you absolute moron. I see game is still getting a lot of normie hate because that's the safe herd-think thing to do. Like the other poster above who said hip shooting is worse but he didn't bother looking at his perks. He just tried it, thought oh hip shooting is bad, game must be bad because everybody is calling game shit, so must be shit.

In your case, it's called perspective:
saturn_opposition_tilt.jpg

Late Bloomer

Scholar
Have not played the game but is it true it has no dismemberment? I don't see how it could possibly be better than Fallout 4 if that's the case.

No dismemberment. The combat is also much lighter, less grounded than Fallout 4. The weapons in Starfield feel more akin to an airsoft than an actual gun. There is not much in the way of satisfying impact from guns or melee. It's more akin to Fallout 76's combat feel. Light, less impactful, plastic feel to the weapons, and not as satisfying. There is very little blood as well. It's a major downgrade from Fallout 4's combat system and weapon feel.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
it doesn't wear it as a hat you absolute moron. [...] it's called perspective:
You stupid motherfucker. Quote the next sentence.
I would normally assume this was the angle you shot it at, but since the planets in this game are basically static jpegs, I have to wonder why they chose this shot.
I literally said it's the perspective and wondered why they chose the shot and here's your dumb ass playing captain obvious and googling pics of a planet that frankly still have a much better perspective that the shit in the game.

Stop playing Bethesda games before they fry your few remaining braincells.

random_name

Novice
I'm liking this better than BG3. The writing in general is crap and the AI is what you'd expect form Bethesda but you have a lot of game mechanics to play with. I'm enjoying doing quests as a debt collector/bounty hunter ala Blade Runner for an evil bank. Feels much better than the gay queer party adventure that is BG3.

Vic

Savant

Hamster Godoy

Educated
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Why is this planet wearing its rings as a hat?
it doesn't wear it as a hat you absolute moron. I see game is still getting a lot of normie hate because that's the safe herd-think thing to do. Like the other poster above who said hip shooting is worse but he didn't bother looking at his perks. He just tried it, thought oh hip shooting is bad, game must be bad because everybody is calling game shit, so must be shit.

In your case, it's called perspective:
saturn_opposition_tilt.jpg
also, all space games still make the mistake of making saturn looking huge from it's moons, the magnitude of saturn from titan is like the same as our moon from earth, but all games make saturn cover half of your view in the sky for some reason, i know it's big, but if saturn is going to cover your whole view, that means you're inside it's roche limit lul

Vic

Savant
also, all space games still make the mistake of making saturn looking huge from it's moons, the magnitude of saturn from titan is like the same as our moon from earth, but all games make saturn cover half of your view in the sky for some reason, i know it's big, but if saturn is going to cover your whole view, that means you're inside it's roche limit lul
relevant to starfield how? that's me in the orbit of titan:

Starfield-9-9-2023-3-22-39-AM.png

Silverfish

Arbiter
It's a major downgrade from Fallout 4's combat system and weapon feel.

Comparing specifically to Fallout 4, is there any room for off-beat or gimmicky combat builds? Like, in F4, you can take the normally underwhelming gun bashing perk, combine it with a shredder minigun and stumble into some of the best dps in the game. Or how, by taking advantage of the actually pretty surprising number of melee weapon buffs, you can take a fast, light, low damage weapon like a switchblade and turn it into something easily capable of taking out high end enemies like deathclaws and behemoths. Is anything cool like that on the table?

Vic

Savant
It's a major downgrade from Fallout 4's combat system and weapon feel.

Comparing specifically to Fallout 4, is there any room for off-beat or gimmicky combat builds? Like, in F4, you can take the normally underwhelming gun bashing perk, combine it with a shredder minigun and stumble into some of the best dps in the game. Or how, by taking advantage of the actually pretty surprising number of melee weapon buffs, you can take a fast, light, low damage weapon like a switchblade and turn it into something easily capable of taking out high end enemies like deathclaws and behemoths. Is anything cool like that on the table?
why are you asking him, he's just spreading fake news about the game, do you really think they made it worse? If anything you have more options available due to more mods, more perks and affixes. Yeah, they decided to cut down on the gore but otherwise gunplay is superior.

Vic

Savant
why are you asking him

We both enjoy Fallout 4's combat.
I do too, and in my opinion SF is an improvement overall, tho I can agree with the lackluster weapon feedback, but that will be modded in. Build wise big improvement. But the biggest factors are your powers because you can use them in combat. Another thing is you are fighting only humans, and they throw a lot of them at you so combat feels more hectic and war-like. But AI is dumb.

Enemies are more reactive, they may stagger if you hit them, headshots deal more damage, but otherwise there's no effect on limbs. Boost packs are another big change, enemies use them to zip around, flee from you when they are low to seek cover for example. Another minor fun thing is that if they are low on health, they go on their knees and start crawling away from you, I think they just die if you leave them alone after a couple seconds.

There are "boss" enemies who have multiple hit bars, who are really bullet spongey. Those have good loot that they use and drop.

A lot more weapon variety for guns, for melee I heard it's lacking, but guns are really fun. Haven't seen the equivalent to a fatman yet tho.

Last edited:

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
how can someone not enjoy fallout 4's combat?
It's boring and has the usual issues of an action RPG, mixed with the Netimmerse engine's jankiness.

The only good thing about FO4 was the power armor, and they ruined that by giving it to the player as soon as he got out of the tutorial, and by putting that absurd power limit for just walking around.

Hamster Godoy

Educated
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
relevant to starfield how? that's me in the orbit of titan:

Starfield-9-9-2023-3-22-39-AM.png
good of them

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom