Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Starfield Thread - Shattered Space expansion coming September 30th

Yosharian

Arcane
That's nice and all, but once you've built your ship you still have to play Starfield

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
I browsed the nexus a bit and saw multiple mods that I could combine and tweak a bit to make the game come closer to my ideal. I'm still waiting for the big dick mods to come rolling in. The engine is great, it feels, plays and looks good. Just needs much, much deeper mechanics, like ind33d said Bethesda just created a kind of tech demo and its up to the modders to GO DEEP ON THAT BITCH. ahem.

modding scene so far looks very healthy, of course it's the star wars reskin mods that are most popular right now, but even they are coming along nicely

finally-the-star-wars-game-we-always-wanted-v0-ue991z8emoad1.jpg

ind33d

Learned
Most important mod I've seen so far is someone working on a plugin that removes manual saving and only lets you save when sleeping in a bed. Exploring a level 70 planet on Iron Man and running back to your ship to save before you die of hypothermia sounds like exactly what the game was intended to be

Lemming42

Arcane
Couldn't care less about ship building and survival honestly, it's cool that they're there but I really want TES-style dungeons and quests/settlements. Which I think are going to be the type of mod we see the least of.

You'd think being the first Bethesda game released in the generative AI era would give it a boost in that regard.

Vic

Savant
Couldn't care less about ship building and survival honestly, it's cool that they're there but I really want TES-style dungeons and quests/settlements. Which I think are going to be the type of mod we see the least of.

You'd think being the first Bethesda game released in the generative AI era would give it a boost in that regard.
this may be more up your alley, by the creators of Daggerfall, using AI to have a "virtual game master" ingame

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/oncelostgames/the-wayward-realms

ind33d

Learned

this may be more up your alley, by the creators of Daggerfall, using AI to have a "virtual game master" ingame

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/oncelostgames/the-wayward-realms
actually that's what starfield needs, an AI director like Left 4 Dead to break up the monotony. the game never has high or low moments, it's a constant meandering. this is exacerbated by the soundtrack sucking cock

ind33d

Learned
Operation Starseed has to be the best quest in a video game. An unmarked mission plus a dungeon with multiple outcomes giving a companion is ludicrous. It's like Todd kissing you on the lips

Lemming42

Arcane
Yeah I was astonished by it, realising that you actually get Earhart as a companion was wonderful. Bethesda have always been good at having weird unmarked but very cool quests like that ever since MW, Fo3 has some great ones.

In the context of the game as a whole though I think it's sadly more annoying than anything else, because it's the kind of thing that should have filled every part of the galaxy, and its presence mostly just highlights how empty the far reaches of the galaxy are aside from this one planet. I'll gather tons of Fabulously Optimistic ratings for this but I'm still holding out hope that Todd will get his shit together (once in a lifetime occurrence) and start making a DLC that just adds a ton of shit like that across the map.

Vic

Savant
Looks like Beth's milking "post-launch content" strategy ain't making the best impression.
I dunno, it gets people making more videos about the game at least.

also this guy is doing some weird stuff just to be hip and hate on the game, $70/220 quests lmao

I would never spend money on a mod, there are over 7000 free mods on the nexus, if people want to pay for mods that's their business and it's nice that that opportunity exists, it also incentivizes more modders to work on mods because they actually can make some money off of it

Vatnik Wumao
In the context of the game as a whole though I think it's sadly more annoying than anything else, because it's the kind of thing that should have filled every part of the galaxy, and its presence mostly just highlights how empty the far reaches of the galaxy are aside from this one planet. I'll gather tons of Fabulously Optimistic ratings for this but I'm still holding out hope that Todd will get his shit together (once in a lifetime occurrence) and start making a DLC that just adds a ton of shit like that across the map.
Seems that the plan going forward is just to make more contained expansions focusing on a few better fleshed out planets rather than broader upgrades across the whole map. Which can be neat I guess, but it doesn't help with long term playing if the world is boring outside of the few larger curated theme parks.

Vic

Savant
this is a mod for the mantis armor which has.. a mantis design and per the lore only women have been mantises before, so yeah it's more effeminate but I was talking about the detail in the texture... can't wait for some good weapon mods

Vic

Savant
Yeah, I don't have the heart to do it myself
I don't see what you are contributing to the thread. I'd prefer to keep this about the game and not spazz out because this thread does not provide you the entertainment you're expecting.

Yosharian

Arcane
Yeah, I don't have the heart to do it myself
I don't see what you are contributing to the thread. I'd prefer to keep this about the game and not spazz out because this thread does not provide you the entertainment you're expecting.
Well you replying to my comment is not helping me avoid it, that's for sure

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom