Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Starfield Thread - now with Shattered Space horror expansion

Stella Brando

Arcane
Todd's claimed inspiration: :rpgcodex:

VRj5QhV.jpg

Todd's ACTUAL inspiration :hearnoevil:

Y9uvqYz.jpg

(this is a real movie FYI)

What is the second image? I can't load it.

damager

Liturgist
but after seeing the new trailer and specially the poster...
That's right boys, we aren't the target audience anymore.

Playing these Western games is like frequenting gay bars, just because you frequented them 10 years ago when they were normal bars and you are too lazy to find new places.

Eastern developers are quick to pick up the massive unsaturated market though. New Ragnarok Online Promomaterial is full of blond and blue eyed little arians standing in the first row.

damager

Liturgist
U2muTKo.jpeg

Just saw that on an ad I got and thought this was strikingly pro white for some chibi anime. I mean they would be dumb to not do it, right? Whites love it, Asians love it. And western AAA is rather flushing down free money the toilet, like after some hot chinese noodles shit, instead of picking it up.

Last edited:

darkpatriot

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I started a new playthrough recently since I have a new computer and I like the new survival mode/difficulty additions. I turned all of them on (except the combat difficulty I kept at very hard rather than extreme) and it actually made the gameplay challenging at lower levels. I am having to use medical supplies and drugs buffs constantly, and several times have had to withdraw from a location rest up (sometimes I even had to go back to a doctor at a settlement when I lacked the medical ability to deal with my injuries on the ship).

Dealing with exploration on planets with dangerous environments, especially when having to get involved in lengthy fights outdoors, has also been made much harder to deal with when using the new survival settings.

Although, it is possible much of the new difficulty this playthrough is because I am focusing on energy weapons this rather than ballistics like my first playthrough. So far energy weapons are much less common, and they are generally much worse than the ballistic stuff I am finding. So I find myself undergunned.

The vehicle they added (is there even more than one?) is quite underwhelming though. No customization aside from color scheme, and you don't even need a ship module to support it. There aren't other vehicles to fight and the gun on it is quite underwhelming. All it does is let you travel a bit faster. As long as you don't use fast travel, anyway. Because fast travel on the planet surface doesn't bring your vehicle with you. Seems very much just tacked on. Maybe the settlement building has more stuff you can do with vehicles.

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane
I started a new playthrough recently since I have a new computer and I like the new survival mode/difficulty additions. I turned all of them on (except the combat difficulty I kept at very hard rather than extreme) and it actually made the gameplay challenging at lower levels. I am having to use medical supplies and drugs buffs constantly, and several times have had to withdraw from a location rest up (sometimes I even had to go back to a doctor at a settlement when I lacked the medical ability to deal with my injuries on the ship).

Dealing with exploration on planets with dangerous environments, especially when having to get involved in lengthy fights outdoors, has also been made much harder to deal with when using the new survival settings.

Although, it is possible much of the new difficulty this playthrough is because I am focusing on energy weapons this rather than ballistics like my first playthrough. So far energy weapons are much less common, and they are generally much worse than the ballistic stuff I am finding. So I find myself undergunned.

The vehicle they added (is there even more than one?) is quite underwhelming though. No customization aside from color scheme, and you don't even need a ship module to support it. There aren't other vehicles to fight and the gun on it is quite underwhelming. All it does is let you travel a bit faster. As long as you don't use fast travel, anyway. Because fast travel on the planet surface doesn't bring your vehicle with you. Seems very much just tacked on. Maybe the settlement building has more stuff you can do with vehicles.
Sound like true Bethesda experience.. unfinished, undercooked and broken.

GaelicVigil

Liturgist
Booted this thing up yesterday after many months to see what had changed. Couldn't find my way out of Ryujin office. Turned it off.

Late Bloomer

Scholar

Thank you to the millions of players who have made the Settled Systems their home and helped make this an incredible first year for @StarfieldGame

We have much more coming, beginning with our first story expansion, Shattered Space, releasing September 30. Here's a bit of what you can expect when Shattered Space launches:

Over 50 new locations to discover and explore across Va'ruun'kai
New grenades to craft that stem from organic material you gather (and it's gross)
Formidable new enemies - be on your guard for Redeemed and Vortex Horrors...
⚔️ You haven't seen the last of Zealots, Spacers, or the Crimson Fleet... As you explore the planet be on the lookout for those taking advantage of the situation.

Stay tuned - we'll share more about #Starfield's Shattered Space soon.

Old Hans

Arcane

Thank you to the millions of players who have made the Settled Systems their home and helped make this an incredible first year for @StarfieldGame

We have much more coming, beginning with our first story expansion, Shattered Space, releasing September 30. Here's a bit of what you can expect when Shattered Space launches:

Over 50 new locations to discover and explore across Va'ruun'kai
New grenades to craft that stem from organic material you gather (and it's gross)
Formidable new enemies - be on your guard for Redeemed and Vortex Horrors...
⚔️ You haven't seen the last of Zealots, Spacers, or the Crimson Fleet... As you explore the planet be on the lookout for those taking advantage of the situation.

Stay tuned - we'll share more about #Starfield's Shattered Space soon.

oh my god vortex horrors and new grenades. im so excited I nearly pee my pants.....NOT!!!!!!1

Lemming42

Arcane
It's funny because when I was playing Starfield last year I was constantly saying "the only flaw here is that I can't throw a new type of grenade at Vortex Horrors", but it looks like Todd is delivering as always!

ind33d

Learned
The REV-8 turns surveying hazardous planets into Mario Kart: Double Dash. How did they ship the game without it?

Last edited:

Gargaune

Arcane
Oh CHRIST I can't decide whether or not to start a playthrough now or wait for Shittered Space to actually release, because knowing Bethesda, the DLC itself will fix and overhaul half of the base game's systems.
I'm not sure what Bethesda you know, but the ones I'm familiar with ain't in the business of fixing things. They might change things, they sure as hell break loads of things, but fixing, eh... not so much. And it makes sense, if they started fixing things, what would be left for the player to do?

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
It's critical that I play the most up-to-date, most recently broken version.
I wish I waited a month for the rover update because hopping all over those stupid planets on foot was beyond retarded. IMO the rover update is the most critical they've ever released.

Got another two major complaints - constant loading screens and 60% of the game content being totally optional (translation: fucking pointless) - and I can't see how could they fix those without scrapping the game and starting from scratch.

If I were you I'd jump into it rn. My best guess is the DLC is just a glorified side quest.

Lemming42

Arcane
This post from a few pages back is the one thing giving me pause:
Alleged leaker says dice-roll combat is returning from Morrowind but via weapon modes like setting phasers to stun and all NPCs after Shattered Space will be killable again in addition to romancing any NPC
Which is almost definitely bullshit but I'd feel like a complete dipshit if I did a full playthrough only to have such huge changes introduced right as I reach the endgame.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom