Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Starfield Thread - now with Shattered Space horror expansion

PlayerEmers

Educated
You can change the color.
wow

B R A V O T O D D
R A V O T O D D B
A V O T O D D B R
V O T O D D B R A
O T O D D B R A V
T O D D B R A V O
O D D B R A V O T
D D B R A V O T O
D B R A V O T O D

TAKE MY MONEY, GIVE ME THE BLUE COLOR PLEASE

ind33d

Learned
i wonder if the POI system was originally supposed to assume the player had a buggy and the points of interest were meant to be farther apart instead of six feet away from your landing zone. that's probably why they didn't notice the POIs repeating so often

FrostRaven

Literate
i wonder if the POI system was originally supposed to assume the player had a buggy and the points of interest were meant to be farther apart instead of six feet away from your landing zone. that's probably why they didn't notice the POIs repeating so often
No. Todd said in an interview that I linkd a few pages back that they decided from the beginning NOT having vehicles to "control how fast you discover things". So.... no, they just patched it to make less glaring the issue, but they wholly intended for the game to have lot of "walking grind" between POI, probably to pad the length of the game.

Lemming42

Arcane
So it's basically another faction questline with a home planet, to sit alongside UC and Freestar. That's great since the faction questlines were the good part of the game, if they can just add a few more in over the next year or two then we're off.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
So it's basically another faction questline with a home planet, to sit alongside UC and Freestar. That's great since the faction questlines were the good part of the game, if they can just add a few more in over the next year or two then we're off.
Yea faction questlines are the best thing about the game, especially if they keep the caliber of rewards (the best ship in the game for completing Rangers, lessgo).

Lemming42

Arcane
Wonder when a good time to start a new playthrough in preparation for Shittered Space is. I don't want to use my existing save because I've forgotten half the game and what my character build is so it's probably best to start fresh, but knowing Bethesda the expansion will be integrated weird as fuck and require you to be a very specific level or it'll be too easy/too hard.

ind33d

Learned
i am 99% sure that when I bought the moon buggy the game just spawned a second copy of my ship on top of the original except the new one has a REV-8

when I took off it left my original ship at the spaceport

i don't even want to imagine the level of code spaghetti that makes this game appear to work

Late Bloomer

Scholar
Wonder when a good time to start a new playthrough in preparation for Shittered Space is. I don't want to use my existing save because I've forgotten half the game and what my character build is so it's probably best to start fresh, but knowing Bethesda the expansion will be integrated weird as fuck and require you to be a very specific level or it'll be too easy/too hard.

The highest level requirement for Fallout 4 was Nuka World at 30. Going there in your 30's could be a challenge (the initial gauntlet and a few other spots) depending on perk allocation and difficulty setting. I doubt Bethesda will set the barrier for entry into their first DLC for Starfield very high. I would say have a character no higher than 50 and lower than that, if you are building around combat proficency.

Robotigan

Learned
I'm having a lot of fun dicking around with the buggy. It handles astonishingly well considering the terrain generation wasn't built with it in mind.

Last edited:

Robotigan

Learned
Better than the Mako, then?
Way better. Sort of feels similar to a Halo warthog. Only thing is the turret isn't calibrated for higher level areas.

But in the poor Mako's defense, ME1's terrain maps were truly whack. Basically just pure perlin noise.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom