Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Starfield Thread - Shattered Space expansion coming September 30th

Ryzer

Arcane
Is there a mod that makes the game good?

Lemming42

Arcane
Those wouldn't improve the gameplay tho, that's just more content padding (which, again, you can get for free through mods outside of the CC nonsense).
But I need content padding. I need another Bethesda game. I've already played all the TES games and Fo3 to death. I need more. I need Sarah Exoskeleton Tesla Armour mod. It can make me whole again.

Really though I'd assume that most of what Bethesda releases will be quests and items of the type which can just be slotted in without fucking up anything major, I don't think we'll see any substantial gameplay changes beyond QoL features like the map. The systems that do exist are solid enough to build on and can't really be altered all that much anyway, all they really need to do to satisfy their core audience (however many people that is at this point) is spew a shitton of content into the world.

Vatnik Wumao
Is there a mod that makes the game good?
There's this total conversion mod that even comes with its very own launcher,
3.jpg

Vatnik Wumao
Those wouldn't improve the gameplay tho, that's just more content padding (which, again, you can get for free through mods outside of the CC nonsense).
But I need content padding. I need another Bethesda game. I've already played all the TES games and Fo3 to death. I need more. I need Sarah Exoskeleton Tesla Armour mod. It can make me whole again.

Really though I'd assume that most of what Bethesda releases will be quests and items of the type which can just be slotted in without fucking up anything major, I don't think we'll see any substantial gameplay changes beyond QoL features like the map. The systems that do exist are solid enough to build on and can't really be altered all that much anyway, all they really need to do to satisfy their core audience (however many people that is at this point) is spew a shitton of content into the world.
Dunno if that sort of padding will be enough tbh, but I'd like to be proven wrong. More handcrafted quests, locations and so on are what this game needs beyond just more refined procgen stuff.

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
If people are forced to choose between some extra Bethesda (& co. with CC mods) content and the broader free modding scene, they'll overwhelmingly choose the latter.
I imagine that the majority of players doesn't actually know or care about how to install mods. But the bigger reason is that you can't install mods outside of the Creation Club on a console. I imagine the market of console-only Starfield players is quite large. Streamlining the modding process makes it more accessible to less tech-savvy and console players.

Gargaune

Arcane
I need another Bethesda game. I've already played all the TES games and Fo3 to death. I need more.
Interesting that it's July now and Fallout: London is still MIA. It was supposedly ready to launch in April before Todd decided to "improve" the decade-old Fallout 4.

MjKorz

Educated
I need another Bethesda game. I've already played all the TES games and Fo3 to death. I need more.
Interesting that it's July now and Fallout: London is still MIA. It was supposedly ready to launch in April before Todd decided to "improve" the decade-old Fallout 4.
The leaks have revealed it was never ready to launch, they just used the update as an excuse.

Gargaune

Arcane
The leaks have revealed it was never ready to launch, they just used the update as an excuse.
Now that's low, like kicking a man in the nuts with his own dead Starfield. Where were these leaks? Anything juicy?

MjKorz

Educated
Now that's low, like kicking a man in the nuts with his own dead Starfield. Where were these leaks? Anything juicy?

Fallout 4 internal doc leaks:

https://arch-img.b4k.co/v/1720365331264.jpg
https://arch-img.b4k.co/v/1720365363654.jpg
https://arch-img.b4k.co/v/1720365513666.jpg
https://arch-img.b4k.co/v/1720365577474.jpg

The full thread:
https://arch.b4k.co/v/thread/682044931/

The gist: the mod was hilariously unfinished and was never going to release on time, they just used the update as a scapegoat.

Reminder: these are people who have a thousand paypiggies donating on their patreon. Following the WEG business model as an example, releasing content quickly and efficiently is never the goal - milking the piggies is.

Additional leaked gameplay video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epf9HDkIyzI&ab_channel=Biping

Last edited:

Gargaune

Arcane
TEAM WORK MAKES THE DREAM WORK!

That'd be right at home on a smiling Vault Boy poster... :lol:

That said, one of those slides says "2023 is the release year", so it might all be from way back before their first delay, the original plan was to release by the end of 2023.

Lemming42

Arcane
Honestly I think Skywind and Skyblivion (both presumably coming next year) are what's going to save us, plus we'll be able to lower our expectations because they're just mods.

Wait for some genius to come out with the mod that ties them both together plus the original Skyrim, wait for the mechanics overhaul mods that affect all three games simultaneously, then we'll just be sat there like crackheads getting our fix for at least the next five years. It's going to be bliss. Hold the line fellow Bethestards, help is coming in 2025.

Though I am looking forward to Shittered Space just to see what it's like.

ind33d

Learned
Honestly I think Skywind and Skyblivion (both presumably coming next year) are what's going to save us, plus we'll be able to lower our expectations because they're just mods.

Wait for some genius to come out with the mod that ties them both together plus the original Skyrim, wait for the mechanics overhaul mods that affect all three games simultaneously, then we'll just be sat there like crackheads getting our fix for at least the next five years. It's going to be bliss. Hold the line fellow Bethestards, help is coming in 2025.

a really good idea would be a mod like Golarion but in Starfield where every sci-fi universe is real and the characters from different IPs are interacting with each other, like the Star Trek Federation fighting the First Order from Star Wars or intergalactic politics between the Trade Federation and Ferengi

Vatnik Wumao
With the focus on that particular faction, I just hope that it adds more reactivity for the Serpent's Embrace trait in the base game too. There's like 7 or 8 unique ones in the whole game and it's particularly jarring in the case of Andreja where you get a single one after which the dialogue doesn't account for it even when it most definitely should.

deuxhero

Arcane

The gist: the mod was hilariously unfinished and was never going to release on time, they just used the update as a scapegoat.

Reminder: these are people who have a thousand paypiggies donating on their patreon. Following the WEG business model as an example, releasing content quickly and efficiently is never the goal - milking the piggies is.

Additional leaked gameplay video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epf9HDkIyzI&ab_channel=Biping
I told people it would be a disaster from the first gameplay footage they showed. Tranny language is always a guarantee of trashfire.

FrostRaven

Literate
I knew Starfield was going to be another Bethesda RPG. And that means I didn't expect much from it, just an open world Diogenes simulator without real roleplaying... it didn't even get there. It's bad and I'm not even going to try out the DLCs like in FO4.

It was so boring I still can't believe they created their own setting and 100+ developers couldn't create a Sci-fi setting with some kind of charm and unique stuff. They are dead to me, I don't care what they do. It's a dead studio like BioWare after 2012.

ind33d

Learned
I knew Starfield was going to be another Bethesda RPG. And that means I didn't expect much from it, just an open world Diogenes simulator without real roleplaying... it didn't even get there. It's bad and I'm not even going to try out the DLCs like in FO4.

It was so boring I still can't believe they created their own setting and 100+ developers couldn't create a Sci-fi setting with some kind of charm and unique stuff. They are dead to me, I don't care what they do. It's a dead studio like BioWare after 2012.
Your enjoyment of Starfield is 100% contingent on how much you enjoy ship design and settlement building. The game is passable, but the marketing is all wrong. I have probably spent more time building my ship than I've spent on most indie games. The target audience is actually autistic people who like trains.

With a dismemberment system and slightly more complicated combat, Starfield would be comparable to Doom Eternal. Once you acquire some force powers and a decent weapon, the shooting is great. The combat should be more like MMOs, with enemies stunning you and your companion cleansing your afflictions while you get attacked by lots of minions with low individual HP. It's especially absurd because the gunplay is 1:1 lifted from Destiny, but none of Destiny's mechanics like healing circles or DPS phases are in. Like taking what is already in the game and making it a shippable product should be possible to do in 48 hours.

MjKorz

Educated
Interesting thought: Microsoft own both Bethesda and the Mechwarrior IP and Bethesda seem to have stated that they have a mech-focused DLC planned for Starfield...

Are you thinking what I'm thinking? Perhaps we could get a crossover? :bounce::bounce::bounce:

Caim

Arcane
Interesting thought: Microsoft own both Bethesda and the Mechwarrior IP and Bethesda seem to have stated that they have a mech-focused DLC planned for Starfield...

Are you thinking what I'm thinking? Perhaps we could get a crossover? :bounce::bounce::bounce:
The monkey's paw twitches, and a gnarled finger slowly and ominously curls.

Bethesda's next game is a BattleTech one.

MjKorz

Educated

The monkey's paw twitches, and a gnarled finger slowly and ominously curls.

Bethesda's next game is a BattleTech one.
:negative:but also :bounce:.

Possibly Retarded The Real Fanboy
All Fallouts are god tier games, including Bethesda ones.
What we need is not some shitty mod like fallout condom or skyblivion -which never be released but solid TES VI and Fallout 5.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom