Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Starfield Thread - Shattered Space expansion coming September 30th

ind33d

Learned
most beth games were multiplat, it would be stupid for sony not to bribe people to give starfield a bad review

Self-Ejected
So some advises
A- Pays off to stop in places outside big cities that have a shipyard you can find unique pieces to assemble your ship with.
B- Pay also in mind what kind of interrior you want on your ship it can make your life easy (Crew quarters, Medlab ecc)
C- If you want to make quick extra credits do bounty missions is fast to gain with those for start.

That's my new ship is B class.
If you wonder where i found the pieces in the shipyard on Titan.

20230906030053_1.jpg

AlwaysBrotoMen

Educated
Was there any patch released today besides the previous "Day One Patch Update 1.7.23.0" for Starfield?

perfectslumbers

Arbiter
Anyone else experienced long 15 second freezes every once in a while, and found a fix? The game runs pretty well but the freezes are killing me

Be Kind Rewind

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
The more I learn, the more I think Starfield is (1) a disappointment upon release, but (2) will be a pretty good game after patching, DLC, and mods. The story and world building will never be salvageable (generic), but could become a neat rpg/space survival sim with enough quests to keep it interesting.

Bethesda clearly bit off more than it could chew. The project is ambitious at the macro level (huge space RPG, orbits calculated in real time, procedural generation out the wazoo, modular construction of things in any location), but seems flat to me at the micro level (aforementioned genericness and lacking features that should obviously be in the game, but didn't make the cut).

For the ambition, I dub Starfield :incline:.

Todd took a big risk and there's something worthwhile in the result. Give me a risk that only pans out halfway over a "safe product" any day of the week.

Not gonna buy it yet... but if they can transplant some of the cool new engine innovations into a universe I'm actually interested in, like TES or Fallout, then I'll be pleased. In the meantime, I have enough on my backlog to not need Starfield.
Todd, you're drunk, this is the Outer Wokes thread.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Are pronouns rly stopping you from gaming? Or are you just a fake gamer?

I would't not play a game due it, I played Solasta. But I don't judge people for voting with their wallets. I din't brought anything from CDPR since they adopted ESG. I know that my money makes little to no difference, but is imo immoral to willingly help something as evil as ESG. Games aren't necessities, I can live without games can re play old games, can play non woke games and so on. Many people really hate this Baizuo culture and don't wanna contribute with it.

l gamers just play games and dont care about politics

Politics can make things better in some cases. For example, Bioshock 1 is a harsh criticism towards my ideology(libertarianism) but the game is amazing, the athmosphere, lore and gameplay amazing, so that is what matters.

Now, look to the mary sue characters which Baizuo's creates.

• The woman can't be in love cuz love makes her vulnerable.
  • The woman can't struggle cuz it makes her vunlerable.
  • The woman can't have a mentor and learn from its successes and failures cuz learning from the past? This is fascism!!!
  • Can't be a mother cuz a child makes her vunlerable
  • Can't have flaws and try to overcome it
  • (...)
Everything that makes a character interesting is prohibited by Baiuzo ideology. If a game has pronouns, chances are, it also has mary sue characters and everything bad about the Baizuo culture.

Imagine refunding a game over pronouns.

"Gamers" my ass.

Gamer money, gamer choice. If they wanna refund a game cuz they din't liked the fount of the title screen, is their right.

No other industry threats its target audience like trash.

Are you telling me that there's a Failout 3, 4, and 76?

There is, but they are fanfics.

Just like anything not published by TSR is dandino(dnd in name only) in D&D(with Eberron being the best fanfic and everything else shit), everything published by bugthesda is faino(fallout in name only)

Last edited:

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Best weapon I found so far was a "Boosted Disassembled Calibrated Lawgiver".

Weapon names remind me of Borderlands. I'm half expecting a Bandity Pistal next :lol:

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Did Bugthesda at least make space exploration dangerous? Like radiation, extreme heat, extreme cold and other effects? Or can you go to the closest planet of a blue star system and suffer nothing from the heat and radiation? From a Star that could emit thousands of time more radiation than our sun?

People openly laughed at them. There were skits mocking them on TV. Now, you get fired for laughing at them. And promoting their lifestyle gets you ESG bucks.

Fired in USA. In many countries, like UK, Canada, Brazil and so on, is literally illegal to missgender someone. 10 years ago, was a mental disease recognized by WHO. Now, I can't even say that maybe WHO was right in the past.

Late Bloomer

Scholar
Did Bugthesda at least make space exploration dangerous? Like radiation, extreme heat, extreme cold and other effects? Or can you go to the closest planet of a blue star system and suffer nothing from the heat and radiation? From a Star that could emit thousands of time more radiation than our sun?
Yes. They have negative status effect, crippling, lung issues (oxygen that effects running / sprinting) and other ailments that need tending. You can counter these with pills and such under the "aid" category. Also, you can modify your gear to protect against these things. There is some finagling with this system but I have yet to encounter something that is instant death. Perhaps someone who is playing at a quicker pace that me can chime in.

Mexicans don't consider themselves White?
Most do. They assimilated into white culture many years ago. They love baseball, monster trucks, beer, bbq's, jesus, cool rides and family. Most whites are not racist against mexicans. Unless you consider joking around racist. Some mexicans have been poisoned by leftist and consider themselves Latinx, but they are usally homosexuals.

perfectslumbers

Arbiter
Apparently the crashing is related to framerate cap so I'm gonna use control panel to set it to 30 and see if console gaming fixes it :salute:

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
And I say that as a resident of a third world country but I love the US people and white people, they deserve to be loved and appreciated, we wouldn't have many things if not for their big contributions to humanity.
Mexicans don't consider themselves White?

That is complicated cuz there are many definitions of "white", in the past, in certain regions of USA, Irish where considered "non white". For some Americans, even Adolf Eichmann children would't be considered white due their birthplace(Argentina), for others, castizos count as white. IMO most Mexicans are mestizos.

That is a form of "gender neutrification"(sorry for the neologism but I don't know a better therm) from someone who don't speak any Latin based language and wanna dictate how people from such cultures should speak. French, Italian, Portuguese and Spanish are very gendered languages. In order to "gender neutrify" it, a less awful therm would be "latine"(and still awful and sounds like shit)

What are your specs? Did you tried to lower the resolution and frame rate?

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
I love the process of coming up with marginally amusing and possibly edgy monicker for this game.
Niggerfield - A bit too much.
Cottonfield - Clever. Not bad at all.
Garfield - I appriciate the contribution.
Toddfield - I'm pushing this one.
Few others I've found on /v/. Keep it going codex sisters.

Shartfield
Soyfield
Shitfield

Robotigan

Learned
Vic, why the fuck do you care so much about whether everyone else likes the game or not? I am enjoying the game, but there is a lot to not like about it.
He and a some of the other more rabid defenders ITT previously contributed several pages of inane drive-by shitposts in BG3 threads and now that behavior is starting to look a little embarrassing since the prophesized Godd Howard did not righteously smite the pozzed tranny soros game but instead released one of his very own in a state so concerning even the Bethesda junkies who gleefully hog'd out on the $100 price tag are feeling a little polarized.
Now they're all defensive, throwing out claims that the Larian Lobby has paid off the games industry to give Starfield DISASTEROUS 7/10 reviews, that it gets good 20000 hours in once your on NG+++++, or that this game is secretly Daggerfall 2 and everyone except them is just too low IQ to get it.
Not even a schizo poster, I'm just not a fan of the generic high high fantasy aesthetic. The mishmash of so many fantasy tropes makes the whole thing seem like the Marvel Cinematic Universe. And to be honest, I'm inclined to believe the emergence of D&D is somewhat of a cultural replacement for the MCU as the latter's influence begins to wane. It's a very superficial complaint, but that's typically what motivates purchasing decisions anyway. AC6 and Starfield just seem like cooler looking games, review scores be damned. I'm more than a little annoyed that the breakout hit always seems to be a medieval fantasy game which I think suggests that yes, science fiction does filter people.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Apparently the crashing is related to framerate cap so I'm gonna use control panel to set it to 30 and see if console gaming fixes it :salute:
I'm on a 4790k / 1080ti and I'm heavily CPU bound, I suspect I can't load the GPU properly.

The first thing to reduce is the overall resolution, but I guess you've done that. Graphics options shouldn't matter much if you are CPU bound but just in case, don't go over medium in anything. Upscaling at 67% of your display resolution should give you the next lower resolution. In my case - 67% of 3840x2160 is 2560x1440. You'll see internet advice "set your scaling to 50%, that's half your resolution", it's sad how many people can't do basic maths.

I started having silent CTDs recently, around my 16-17th hour of playing, and I assume it has to do with savegame data corruption, because I am not overloading my hardware in any way, and I haven't experienced issues in other games. So be prepared for the occasional crash.

If it's not crashing but freezing for you... who knows. Might be related to the GPU rather than CPU. Start with setting everything to default values in your GPU's control panel, and disabling any overlays-creating software like Steam's and geforce experience if you have that.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom