Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Starfield Thread - Shattered Space expansion coming September 30th

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
but then it got obvious that starfield is absolutely pozzed
Then why do you KEEP PLAYING this shit, dude?
Complains about pozzed shit (rightfully so, as that shit is so upfront and in your face), but keeps playing and helps keep a degenerate and decrepit company, just like the rest of the industry?
because it has good gameplay lol

thankfully most of the time I am not talking to NPCs but it was really bad when I did the main quest

Vic

Savant
and helps keep a degenerate and decrepit company at the top, just like the rest of the industry?
I swear I was looking to Starfield to save us from woke shit that is BG3 but it turned out even worse and it massively backfired for them I just don't understand what they are thinking

are there more people who buy that shit than those who complain about it? I can imagine that maybe in america but not in other parrts of the world

Self-Ejected
However those seems to be isolated cases you have npcs like that then you have Npcs like Sarah that:

She is scarred by a big fuck up she had and feels responsable for her crew death.

She is insecure and not good to express her feelings.

She admit herself that military life was not what she wanted instead she wanted to explore and discover.

I found her very likeable.

Vic

Savant
However those seems to be isolated cases you have npcs like that then you have Npcs like Sarah that:

She is scarred by a big fuck up she had and feels responsable for her crew death.

She admit herself that military life was not what she wanted instead she wanted to explore and discover.

sarah is bisexual, she played drums in a rock band, she is the leader of an explorers group....... oh she was in military too? :lol:

sounds like a dude to me, or some genderfluid NPC like 99% of starfield

Vic

Savant
it's like the germans now getting cucked by the rest of europe and whatever other mongol countries they accept refugees from

Self-Ejected

sarah is bisexual, she played drums in a rock band, she is the leader of an explorers group....... oh she was in military too? :lol:

She left the Military after she lost her crew after a bad decision she took and feels tormented about it. Also she admitted that she was in a explore branch of the UC but was dissatisfated about that because UC wanted more discoveries that make clicks instead of scentific ones.

Ben Zyklon

Educated
It absolutely has propaganda, can you kill NPC's like this? because I will make it my job to kill all this "impuwurud wahhmen".

Those clips are truly disturbing. For me, there is nothing as off-putting as a woman that wants to behave like a man. Any woman that values that, is not a real woman. I value women who value femininity. It's the differences between the two sexes that act as a natural attractant to one another. It's shocking just how far Bethesda pushed so many issues with this game.

Yeah, I am with you brother. I detest women that act like men or want to be men, I can't stand people that hate actual women regardless of the sex, we aren't the woman haters, they are, if woman aren't feminine anymore who the fuck is going to be?, MEN? fuck that.

Vic

Savant

She left the Military after she lost her crew after a bad decision she took and feels tormented about it. Also she admitted that she was in a explore branch of the UC but was dissatisfated about that because UC wanted more discoveries that make clicks instead of scentific ones.
ah because having emotions is a female trait? men are just fuck machines? sorry but everything you post is just cringe trigger material

Self-Ejected

ah because having emotions is a female trait? men are just fuck machines? sorry but everything you post is just cringe trigger material
You are taking this wrong i never stated that.
Yes she has emotion but is not written as the typical character that has no flaws the fact she was a former military was not even totally an her decision but something her parents wanted.
In fact she also have little contact with her mother.
The point is she is not a Mary Sue.
A mary sue character is a mary sure character despite the gender it belongs.

Last edited:

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
I think the character models were purposefully made ugly so as to challenge modern beauty standards or some shit...
Literally war on beauty.
The rest is merely cookie cutter Bethesda gameplay.

Self-Ejected
I think the character models were purposefully made ugly so as to challenge modern beauty standards or some shit...
Literally war on beauty.
To be frank is only the npcs that are generated to be so ugly fallout 4 has the same problem with settlers.Tho at lesser extent they dont give you creepy stares.

VerSacrum

Educated
I'm all for strong female characters but this kinda shit is just embarrassing.
Let them do something heroic or brave, SHOW me why they're strong instead of having talking bobbleheads tell each other how amazing they are.

Also yes to the post above, Femininity is seen as weakness to the types of people that write your typical "stronk female character".
Good point. I like to use the crones in the Witcher 3 as good example of strong female characters - the power they hold over the Velen badlands is evident in every community you visit there, and when you finally meet them they truly inspire awe in the player. That tryhard shit in Starfield is just comical.

Vic

Savant
To be frank is only the npcs that are generated to be so ugly fallout 4 has the same problem with settlers.

One is described as the most advanced society in human history, the other is a world ravaged by radiation from nuclear bombs.
don't forget you can change your appearance for like 700 credits to look like anything you want

FugueLah

Scholar
Keep in mind, the game was designed to be played in NG+

From my understanding, NG+ is best played when you have thoroughly played through the game so that you can notice all the differences in of the world and the characters. Some people rushed through to get to NG+ and have regretted it. I am interested to know what makes you say the game is designed to be played in NG+.
NG+ is best played as soon as you are OP af in your current universe, so you can scale quest chains you haven't done to be more difficult and have better rewards/xp.

Ben Zyklon

Educated
and helps keep a degenerate and decrepit company at the top, just like the rest of the industry?
I swear I was looking to Starfield to save us from woke shit that is BG3 but it turned out even worse and it massively backfired for them I just don't understand what they are thinking

are there more people who buy that shit than those who complain about it? I can imagine that maybe in america but not in other parrts of the world

Unfortunately people have no self control and most people are good people and want to avoid conflict so they try to think: "its not that bad" , "maybe I'm exaggerating" , "I should just don't pay much attention to it", "I don't think they have bad intentions with it", "I think we all deserve to be loved" ...

Its easy to manipulate people that are programmed like this, masses are never told that real evil is out there and that they should be aware of it and take stand against it they are telling them and teaching them to be good people and then use that weakness to manipulate them because they don't want to be bad people.

That and outright being helpless consumers that know no better, encouraged to be fanatics (fanboys).

We are trully fucked.

Self-Ejected
To be frank is only the npcs that are generated to be so ugly fallout 4 has the same problem with settlers.

One is described as the most advanced society in human history, the other is a world ravaged by radiation from nuclear bombs.
I doubt the uglyness of settlers is intentional lol. But in starfield is way more evident something in the procedurally generated pedestrians are not right. And i do believe is for technical reasons. I had npcs spawning with huge mantids like eyes.

Vic

Savant
NG+ is best played as soon as you are OP af in your current universe, so you can scale quest chains you haven't done to be more difficult and have better rewards/xp.
but solar systems don't scale the level in my NG+ they are all still the same level for some reason, certain enemies scale like the Starborn attacks. So they still send me to level 10 solar systems to one shot enemies for shit xp/loot

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
No man's sky is pretty good
No it isn't

Oh well, Im not going to fight you over it because you are based, I respect you not liking the game, it isn't perfect and has many flaws but at least is a better space simulator than Starfield in my opinion.
Agreed. So is Elite Dangerous, yet both are very flawed games themselves.

Starfield gets both sides of the simulation wrong: It's not realistic enough to satisfy Space nerds but it also has shitty casual gameplay.

FugueLah

Scholar
but solar systems don't scale the level in my NG+ they are all still the same level for some reason, certain enemies scale like the Starborn attacks
Do you know this for a fact, or are you just looking at the level markers on the solar system? Because what I have played so far has been scaled up, whether scaling would have occurred in the previous universe I don't know though.

Ben Zyklon

Educated
Literally war on beauty.

And lets be honest: women are the best example of beauty so it's true that its a war against beauty as you said but its a proxy attack on women and femininity once again.

Not saying there aren't beatiful men out there but men beauty is different.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom