Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Starfury free full version trial

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Space Empires: Starfury

<a href="http://www.strategyfirst.com">Strategy First</A> is now offering <A href="http://whatcounts.com/t?ctl=F8B47A:41F315D">a three hour timed trail <i>full</i> version</a> of <a href="http://www.strategyfirst.com/en/games/StarFury/">Space Empires: Starfury</a> for those of you who haven't tried the space faring CRPG set in the <a href="http://www.malfador.com/se4.html">Space Empires</A> universe. Here's a bit about the game for those n00bz who don't know what it is:
<br>
<blockquote>"Master of your own destiny" has a whole new meaning in Star Fury! As starship captain, your livelihood depends on exploring the darkest reaches of space in search of fame, fortune, and adventure. Maintaining and upgrading your starship with high performance tech may be the only thing that keeps you alive in the cold depths of space, but that really isn’t enough. In a galaxy filled with warp points, asteroid belts, gas giants, and cosmic storms, signing on for a tour of duty for large fleet operations might be your only chances at survival. Your reputation as a respectable trader or a blood-thirsty pirate will define your fortune in this dynamic universe!</blockquote>
<br>
This was one of those neat potential missed games I thought judging by the original demo. I've heard the full version was better, but never tried it. Still, there's not too many space faring CRPGs out there.
<br>
<br>
Thanks, <b>anonymous Strategy First newsletter person</b>!
<br>

Nicolai

DUMBFUCK
Bump the thread when someone releases a patch that removes rid of the timer.

Crnobog

Liturgist
It's not bad of a game, but it's just as 'space faring' as, say, Pirates!
The stars, planets and aliens are just there for a nice spacey background, they could easily move the entire game to the surface of a planet and not one element of gameplay would have to be changed.
Also, the whole crpg part is very marginal, it all boils down to increasing your damage and defence multiplier every once in a while, if I remember correctly.

Deathy

Liturgist
It wasn't a great game.

It had potential though. If the RPG stat system had been more important (it just tended to add tiny modifiers that didn't really help at all) and the story had been less of a barebones example of what one could do with the game engine, it could have been fairly decent.

Deathy

Liturgist
Horrible voice acting and poor translation ruined that game for me.

Otaku_Hanzo

Erudite
Deathy said:
Horrible voice acting and poor translation ruined that game for me.

Really? I never had a problem with that aspect at all. Translation seemed fine to me. Sure, some of the voice acting could have used help, but not all of it was bad. At least the main characters were voiced well.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom