Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

starting RoA - Blade of Destiny or Star Trail?

Claw

Erudite
Patron
Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Hmm, everything I've read on that page - except the title - seems to suggest that it contains only RoA2.

You know, I simply bought the CD version. Have you tried that option?

I also believe I've seen it in the hands of certain pirates. Who live in a cove of sorts.

Saxon1974

Prophet
Claw said:
Hmm, everything I've read on that page - except the title - seems to suggest that it contains only RoA2.

You know, I simply bought the CD version. Have you tried that option?

I also believe I've seen it in the hands of certain pirates. Who live in a cove of sorts.

Well I did find the soundtrack mp3 files but im assuming the version I have is the Midi version as I dont see anywhere obvious to put the music files to get them to work.

I couldnt find a download of the CD version in that cove place so Im gonna buy the CD version from EBAY and just play with midi version for now and then replace my save games once I get the CD.

Saxon1974

Prophet
Is there a herb that regenerates magic points? The potions are real expensive.

Do your characters stop missing so much as the progress? It seem like they all miss 5 times for every 1 hit so combat takes quite a while. It just took me a half hour to kill 6 bandits.

Claw

Erudite
Patron
You could ask the seller, you know.

I'm not sure about herbs regenerating mana either, but you could do what I do when I'm not sure about hebrs: Save a game in a temple, preferably during a market day, and then buy as many different herbs as you can afford and eat them.
Reload as you see fit.

Hmm, I wonder why your characters suck so badly. They do miss, but one hit out of five seems really bad. How are your AT and PA values? Basically you roll a D20 for each attack and if you didn't roll higher than your AT you hit.

PS:
http://dlh.net/cheats/pc/english/realms ... y/faq.html

Good tips on herbs and using meditation.

aleph

Arcane
@saxon1974: are you sure your heroes really miss and not that the enemies defend sucessfully? To inflict damage in melee you need to have a succesful attack roll and the enemy must not succeed in his defense roll.

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
Speaking of RoA: My first RoA game was SOR, back when I was very young. I didn't really know how to play it at that time, only that I kept getting trashed by some goblin things. My warrior was eyeing a generic sword, that was better than the one he was using, so I sold off his pants to get enough money for the sword. When I went out into the streets happily admiring my sword, a woman saw me, called me a sicko and smacked my warrior in the face.

Totally epic.

Saxon1974

Prophet
Claw said:
You could ask the seller, you know.

I'm not sure about herbs regenerating mana either, but you could do what I do when I'm not sure about hebrs: Save a game in a temple, preferably during a market day, and then buy as many different herbs as you can afford and eat them.
Reload as you see fit.

Hmm, I wonder why your characters suck so badly. They do miss, but one hit out of five seems really bad. How are your AT and PA values? Basically you roll a D20 for each attack and if you didn't roll higher than your AT you hit.

PS:
http://dlh.net/cheats/pc/english/realms ... y/faq.html

Good tips on herbs and using meditation.

Hmm, I will have to check my AT and PA values when I get home. Is the only way to increase them when levelling up? I dont think I increased them manually that much during character generation.

The woman that sells herbs in thorwal didnt have anything that adds magic points that I could tell so I have to sleep like 2 days to regen my magic points.

Claw

Erudite
Patron
Saxon1974 said:
Hmm, I will have to check my AT and PA values when I get home. Is the only way to increase them when levelling up? I dont think I increased them manually that much during character generation.
It doesn't really make a huge difference. Your AT value is going up automatically when you increase your weapon skills while your defence stays the same, so I tend to balance them to the defensive side at the start. I believe in SoR you'll finally get to choose which stat to increase again.

By the way, you didn't equip your heroes with heavy armour, did you? The penalties from armour can be quite significant, especially multiple pieces of metal armour.

The woman that sells herbs in thorwal didnt have anything that adds magic points that I could tell so I have to sleep like 2 days to regen my magic points.
Gee, you clearly didn't read the FAQ I linked you to. You're supposed to meditate and then use hebs to heal you character.

Saxon1974

Prophet
I have 2 question about the starter dungeon in Thorwal.

1) There is one area where it says I need 50 feet or rope to clime down....I have rope in my inventory but it doesn't recognize it. Is there extra long rope somewhere? Didnt see it in shops

2) Another area says you need heavy duty equipment to clear some debri, only thing I saw that might work was a shovel, but that does not work.

Will I discover these items later?

Also, when you need certain items for an ingame area, do they have to be on your 1st character?

Zomg

Arbiter
Every inventory space worth of rope is only ten feet, so you need 5.

You can never clear that bit of debris.

Items can usually be on any character but I got the sense that there are lots of different styles of script governing stuff like that so you just play by ear.

Saxon1974

Prophet
Zomg said:
Every inventory space worth of rope is only ten feet, so you need 5.

You can never clear that bit of debris.

Items can usually be on any character but I got the sense that there are lots of different styles of script governing stuff like that so you just play by ear.

Thanks. I tried examining the rope for a length but didnt see any.

Claw

Erudite
Patron
How could I not? Also, then you don't have to post and wait for an answer every time you have a question, and if you're keeping up your current pace, that'd be many, many time.

The FAQ mentions several critical issues, although I don't think they are all bugs so much as design flaws. Walkthrough's seperate, and the Thorwal paragraph isn't much longer than this post, so you don't have to read too much.

Oops, I did it again.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom