Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Stellar Blade - Korean mix of DMC/Nier Automata with hot model ass

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
That's the first time I've seen somebody actually admit to being woke, even using the actual term "woke" which is meant as a insult. That's like saying "I've ALWAYS been retarded".

911 Jumper

Educated
That's the first time I've seen somebody actually admit to being woke, even using the actual term "woke" which is meant as a insult. That's like saying "I've ALWAYS been retarded".
He'll still be a white man in the eyes of blacks. Saying “I've ALWAYS been woke” won't change that.

911 Jumper

Educated
Some more info from a dev interview (translation from r/stellarblade)
Stellar Blade TMI

An interview with the company's CEO and general director about this game has been summarized. The translation may not be accurate.
Playtime
If only the main story is played on easy mode : 20-25 hours.
If sub-quests are also completed: 30-35 hours.
If proceeding while collecting all collectibles: more than 40 hours
NG+
Hard mode available after the first completion. There is content a plan for NG+.
Reason for using the long ponytail style
Due to physical errors, it's not easy to implement long hair. However, it was determined that the long ponytail is a good means to prominently emphasize the action-focused gameplay style.
DLC
Efforts were made to include complete content in this game. No separate DLC is currently planned
Grotesque enemy design.
The enemies appearing in the game were designed to lack certain parts or to have emphasized appearances. This is because the game's concept is an action game intended for a mature audience, and the enemy design is related to the overall progression of the story. Designed by 3D scanning clay models crafted by a professional artist.
Open world
For the main storyline, a linear map and progression approach were applied. However, after arriving at the main city, areas such as the great desert and wasteland are prepared for exploration in a semi-open world manner.
Game OST
60% of the game OST was produced in-house, while the remaining 40% was created by the external company Monaca Studio. Monaca Studio is a company founded by the director who participated in the production of the 'NieR: Automata' game OST. However, the director did not directly participate in the production of the OST for this game.
Short death scenes
This is intentional. It is expected that there will be many deaths in the latter part of the game, so the scene duration has been made short. Since there is no death penalty, it is hoped that death will be considered a light part of gameplay.
BM
Besides the game price, there are no additional business models. All items can be acquired through in-game play. However, in the case of collaborations with certain IPs, there may be paid purchases for specific outfits.

Renfri

Cipher
Based on what I've seen game looks nice, but there are quick time events, those need to die. I just need PS5.

cruel

Cipher
Few random thoughts after finishing the demo:
+ if demo boss is a proper indication, boss fights in this game will be pretty cool
+ multiple skill trees for attack / survival / beta skills and other stuff; some of the skills really matter from what I saw (e.g. dodge + backstab unblockable attack)
+ you need to pay attention on normal and learn how to parry, limited healing goes a long way; it might be difficult to play dodge-only
+ very unique / creepy monster design; much more creative than big knight with shining red eyes or whatever
+ they try to reward exploration properly
- combat is missing something; it's not bad, just lacking proper impact / weight / satisfaction, pretty important in a game like this
- music, while nice, was one and the same track repeated over 1h+; feels like somebody said 'let's do it Nier style' but didn't put proper attention to the details
- level design seems to be pretty basic
- not sure if occasional platforming was necessary in a game like this

Overall, the impressions are better than your average Souls-like clone (Surge, Ashen, Hellpoint etc.), but it never reaches the heights of tight Sekiro combat or magic of Nier: Automata.

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
Based on what I've seen game looks nice, but there are quick time events, those need to die. I just need PS5.
All it takes for a member of the master race to fall and crumble into console peasantry is some good 'ol azz n tiddies. A tale as old as time.

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
All it takes for a member of the master race to fall and crumble into console peasantry is some good 'ol azz n tiddies. A tale as old as time.
60% off on Steam in 5 years, you just need patience
A certain somebody in a different thread is accusing you of being a homosexual. I would address this issue swiftly before rumors begin to form. I don't believe ur gay, Grauk.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
A certain somebody in a different thread is accusing you of being a homosexual. I would address this issue swiftly before rumors begin to form. I don't believe ur gay, Grauk.
He likely just has the hots for me. I can't do anything for being such a splendid human exemplar, I bring out the gay in the even the most closeted homo

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
I assumed the tweet meant the staff working at the PS showcase. The people who worked on the game surely have unlimited access to it.

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Yeah, for now the game delivers simply by triggering the right people.

I can wait a couple of years before playing it in glorious maximum details and 60 fps, to fully appreciate the jiggle physics.

911 Jumper

Educated

did he allow X keys being given to all employees
a bunch of them will simply resell because they've been playing the game everyday for years

X Keys?
He just bought them PS5s. No copies of the game were included (if that's what you meant).

Learn to read kiddo

Yes, I can read.
You wrote: “did he allow X keys being given to all employees”
What is “X keys”?

Maxie

Wholesome Chungus
Patron
Glory to Ukraine

a bunch of them will simply resell because they've been playing the game everyday for years

X Keys?
He just bought them PS5s. No copies of the game were included (if that's what you meant).

Learn to read kiddo

Yes, I can read.
What is “X keys”?

X is the standard mathematical symbol for an unknown number

911 Jumper

Educated

X Keys?

Learn to read kiddo

Yes, I can read.
What is “X keys”?

X is the standard mathematical symbol for an unknown number

ok, and I presume keys refers to the game keys. I now understand.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom