Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Stellar Blade - Korean mix of DMC/Nier Automata with hot model ass

911 Jumper

Educated
The source apparently

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
Reviews are in, 83 on Metacritic. Surprisingly, the game was not roasted by game journos, I wasn't expecting that.
That's because they witnessed IGN shoot their own leg off and are aware that they're becoming less relevant by the day. They're sucking the game's ass to keep their job. The 2nd cooming is upon us!

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
I honestly never heard of this game or would have any interest in it if it wasn't for rabid "game journos" and glorified bloggers.

And neither did probably a lot of other people.

Hilarious self-own.

:5/5:/ get fucked, games industry

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
Sony Says Stellar Blade Art Referencing Racist Language Was Unintentional, Will be Patched Out
Sony says it will remove Stellar Blade artwork that appears to reference racist slurs, claiming that the phrase's inclusion was "unintentional."

The art, which appears to combine two visual elements into a single phrase, was discovered during the review process. It can be seen in the screenshot below.
In Stellar Blade, the "R Shop" references Roxanne, who is one of the game's information brokers. The "Hard" graffiti, meanwhile, can be found in numerous areas throughout the game. In a statement released to IGN, PlayStation said that developer Shift Up had no intention of creating offensive artwork, promising to remove it as part of Stellar Blade's Day 1 patch.

"The placement of two graphics near each other in Stellar Blade resulted in an unintentional objectionable phrase," PlayStation's statement read. "Shift Up had no intention of creating offensive artwork and will be replacing the graffiti for the Day 1 patch."

While Shift Up is Stellar Blade's developer, Sony Interactive Entertainment is serving as its publisher. IGN has asked Sony if there are any plans to remove the art from the disc as well, and PlayStation's representative repeated that it "should be removed for all users in the Day 1 update."

GL8FsZ6WMAMIkWq

Source: IGN

Kinda funny how the game currently leading the charge against Western wokeness is getting censored on day one.
OMG these people need thrown off a cliff Dragon's Dogma style. They're fuckin worthless.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
What's offensive about it?
Nothing. Westerners think it is about this, but it actually references this.
When in the hell did that become a thing? I always took hard-r as meaning an extremely violent movie/lots of profanity/sex, and I live in the US. Holy shit my country went full retard.
Click the second link, it is what you and I thought the meaning was.

Apparently it's a thing.

911 Jumper

Educated
A couple of unlockable costumes
GLqJeTIbgAAeWmP

GLwUW0FbcAAg4xM

Once again, both, especially the first one, highlight the goofy proportions of Eve's design (yes, I know it's the character designer's style).

911 Jumper

Educated
A number of those outfits make her look like a whore. The game's story is supposed to be a serious one about reclaiming a ravaged Earth from an invading alien force and saving the human race in the process.

From an official PlayStation.Blog Japan interview with the devs:
The theme I dedicated to Stellar Blade is humanity. The story is about what makes us human and defines us as human–it’s quite universal. The story came to my mind one day as I witnessed taxi drivers on strike.

The strike erupted when technologies for self-driving cars began advancing, almost hinting at the implementation of autonomous cars in the near future. This instilled fear among taxi drivers that these technologies would eventually take over and replace their jobs. As I watched them on strike, I asked myself what I would do if this were to happen to me, if one day humans were entirely replaced by something non-human. This is where the theme for Stellar Blade originates

How can you take the story seriously when your character is running around dressed like a whore from some kind of futuristic brothel? If the game was tonally like say Bayonetta or I dunno God Hand, then the trashy outfits wouldn't be so unusual. But it isn't.

The word disharmony repeatedly comes to mind when I see the aesthetic choices in this game. All of the main characters look they come from different games. Adam looks as if he belongs in Death Stranding. Lily looks like a Tetsuya Nomura knock off. Tachy looks like an MGS4 B&B unit member, and Eve herself looks like some generic mid 2000s Korean mmo character. Her alternative outfits look as if they've been pulled from a bunch of DoA5 costume packs. This is supposed to be a female soldier tasked with reclaiming Earth. Yet you have a teddy bear outfit, school girl outfits, lingerie outfits. It undermines any attempt to tell a serious story or inspire any kind of rumination about humanity (as the above quote from the director seems to suggest).

Even the voice actor choices for the female characters reflect the aesthetic disharmony that runs through the game. You have these very Asian looking characters who sound like members of the British Royal Family. I find it jarring. The monsters if I am correct were inspired by sea creatures. They look entirely organic, like creatures from a Souls game. We're supposed to believe that these creatures which appear to lack any kind of robotic or high tech features have managed to ravage a futuristic Earth? Lol, it all just feels like a mish mash of ideas that have been poorly put together without any real consideration in regard to believability.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
This is the third time today I've had to delete a bunch of retarded, off-topic shit from various threads in the JRPG section.

Now, while I personally think that all JRPGs should probably be recycled into various female hygiene products, that doesn't mean they're not still RPGs. And that means you don't shitpost in their threads. EVER.

This will be my final warning to those of you who already know whom I'm talking about to knock it off. If you persist, you're going to be locked out of said threads.

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
This is the third time today I've had to delete a bunch of retarded, off-topic shit from various threads in the JRPG section.

Now, while I personally think that all JRPGs should probably be recycled into various female hygiene products, that doesn't mean they're not still RPGs. And that means you don't shitpost in their threads. EVER.

This will be my final warning to those of you who already know whom I'm talking about to knock it off. If you persist, you're going to be locked out of said threads.
Stop acting like you have a real job, hobo.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom