Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

KickStarter Stellar Tactics, a sandbox sci-fi RPG - now available on Early Access

Discussion in 'General RPG Discussion' started by Roqua, Feb 16, 2016.

1. HoboForEternity sunset tequila Patron

HoboForEternity
    Anticipating this game highly. I wont play early access because i dont like being spoiled when the game isnt finished, but the game looks pretty good

^ Top  
  2. Lucky Arcane

Lucky
    StellarTactics, are there any plans on trying for a GOG release? I'm liking what I've seen so far, so I hope you're successful enough to not have to rush to release.

^ Top  
  3. Taka-Haradin puolipeikko Prestigious Gentleman Filthy Kalinite Patron

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
    Youtube Let's Plays:

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. StellarTactics Maverick Games Developer

StellarTactics
    I'm hoping to release a GOG version, however, it likely won't be until after final release. I'm speaking with them about converting Steam keys to GOG keys (No DRM) when it does go on GOG. Regardless, when it does go on GOG it will be DRM free.

And thanks Lucky!!

Last edited: Sep 27, 2016
    • Brofist Brofist x 7
    • Salute Salute x 3
    ^ Top  
  5. ERYFKRAD Barbarian Patron

ERYFKRAD
    Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Hey boss, what's the cap on stats?

Sent from my Lenovo Z90a40 using Tapatalk

^ Top  
  6. cpmartins Cipher

cpmartins
    Just bought it, having fun with it. You've got pretty much all my grievances covered on one of your posts on the Steam forums, so I won't even bother posting them here.

^ Top  
  7. Lucky Arcane

Lucky
    No problem; it can't be easy having to pep yourself up after a failed kickstarter, so getting this far regardless makes it worth keeping an eye on! GOG also has its own Early Access now if you want more feedback, but that might take a bit too much work to keep track off as well. Happy to see it there either way, the more attention it gets the better.

You mean the road map? I'll post it here for people that didn't see it.

And fixes that you can expect in the near future.

• Brofist Brofist x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. veevoir Klytus, I'm bored Patron

veevoir
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech
    Any other impressions from codexers? Thinking about getting the EA, that is if work laptop with i5, 4gb Ram and integrated intel HD card will be able to run it

^ Top  
  9. sstacks Arcane

sstacks
    Dudes, Dudettes and beings of indeterminate gender,

StellarTactics is on the show this Saturday. Feel free to add any questions or comments here (or tweet @shaneplays or email shane@shaneplays.com) and I'll try to get to them. As you know from past shows, sometimes I have time and sometimes not. Also remember you can call in live during the show at 501-823-0965 and talk directly with Don yourself during the show :)

I'm on a temporary radio station change for 6 weeks so if you want to listen to the live stream during the show it will be at http://www.faithtalk995.com/ not the usual live stream link. Podcast version will go out the same as usual.

Show is at 1 PM Central time this Saturday, October 8 (actually 1:05 PM).

• Brofist Brofist x 4
    • Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    • Prestigious Prestigious x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. ArchAngel Arcane Sad Loser

ArchAngel
    It is nice to see you moving away from fake rpgs like SCL :P

^ Top  
  11. ERYFKRAD Barbarian Patron

ERYFKRAD
    Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Start's a bit slow, I'll give you that. Entertaining, but slow.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. sstacks Arcane

sstacks
    Neverrrrrrrrr....

^ Top  
  13. sstacks Arcane

sstacks
    This video features more combat and a hacking example.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. sstacks Arcane

sstacks
    • Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  15. sstacks Arcane

sstacks
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2016
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. Aothan Magister

Aothan
    sorry I should have asked this before, any overviews of how the Perception attribute will work in game, and are the effects determines by individual scores or by the total group score ?

^ Top  
  17. StellarTactics Maverick Games Developer

StellarTactics
    All attributes are applied on an individual basis. So, attributes that affect the environment are determined by the currently selected leader. This applies to Perception, Charisma and Intelligence. This is the same for Skills. If you have a pilot with high piloting skills and they are in the pilot ship station, your ship will fly faster (among other things). If you have a team member with a high hacking skill, and they are currently selected as the party leader, their hacking skill will be applied when hacking security.

Perception is applied to both weapon attack rolls and eventually to environment checks for hidden objects.

• Brofist Brofist x 4
    ^ Top  
  18. Taka-Haradin puolipeikko Prestigious Gentleman Filthy Kalinite Patron

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria

^ Top  
  19. Aothan Magister

Aothan
    thanks, I'm glad to hear that, preferring individual roles and checks over group scores (at least for certain skill interactions)

^ Top  
  20. agris Arcane Patron

agris
    StellarTactics

You don't need to make it binary like this. It's not like "hover mouse over the body part" or "no specific aiming" are the only options. Fallout1/2 provides a great middle ground approach.. or a lower-fi option would be a UI/menu option to display a simplistic vitruvian man-type humanoid with the to-hit percentages for each supported body part displayed near it.

^ Top  
  21. Taka-Haradin puolipeikko Prestigious Gentleman Filthy Kalinite Patron

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko
    I think that by fine aiming he means "hunt the perfect pixel for best change to hit" -minigame, where player characters gets a few percent bonus if you find just the right spot for the cursor.
    Specific body parts can be still aimed at.
    Personally I'd rather see a system where you would get better CTH against target by expending AP's (Jagged Alliance 2 style) than this "place the cursor into just right spot" -stuff.
    Former would make aiming into decision where player expends a resource (AP's) in exchange to get a better change to hit. Latter is just added routine work.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2016
    ^ Top  
  22. Alienman Arcane Patron

Alienman
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
    Worth buying into EA, more than just supporting the developer?

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. ERYFKRAD Barbarian Patron

ERYFKRAD
    Yeah. I'd say so.

^ Top  
  24. sstacks Arcane

sstacks
    • Brofist Brofist x 4
    ^ Top  
  25. Taka-Haradin puolipeikko Prestigious Gentleman Filthy Kalinite Patron

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko
    http://steamcommunity.com/app/465490/discussions/0/343787283761314684/

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.