Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Stellar Tactics, a sandbox sci-fi RPG - now available on Early Access

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
-Some spelling errors, and the writing is...ok. I'm more interested in the TB combat and exploration anyway so I don't really mind.
ENCRIPTED--- ;)

vmar

Savant
Finished up the EA, I'm pretty impressed. There's a lot more content than I expected, you actually do get a ship and get to explore space. There's quite a few planets, a trade station, mining station and a few missions including the last one you're given (mining asteroids so you can afford an FTL drive) that you can work on now so you can be ready for the alpha whenever that's coming. I don't think you can land on a planet unless you're given a mission on it though.

I've had more fun with this pre-alpha than I have with a lot of other recent rpgs, can't wait to see what's next.

Saduj

Arcane
Glad to hear this isn't a disappointment so far. Will definitely pick this up when it is further along.

But why zombies? :negative:

I know they don't have the budget to create a wide variety of enemies but almost anything other than zombies would be a better choice for a turned based game. You could create models for a single alien race and then have their abilities vary according to how they are equipped. Hell, you could do that with generic human enemies too.

vmar

Savant
I know they don't have the budget to create a wide variety of enemies but almost anything other than zombies would be a better choice for a turned based game. You could create models for a single alien race and then have their abilities vary according to how they are equipped. Hell, you could do that with generic human enemies too.

Agreed. My biggest concern is that the final version will be bogged down by zombie fights. I'd rather fight generic aliens or fantasy creatures than zombies any day. That said, I spent 14 hours on the EA and didn't get bored despite all the space zombies. After the first area there's a bigger variety of enemies and a couple encounters were pretty challenging. I'll probably do another playthrough with different builds in a day or two, don't want to burn myself out on it.

Jinn

Arcane
I'll second that on the subject of zombies. I hate them and never want to see another one of them in a videogame again. They have got to be the most boring monster to fight in any game ever. I'd rather fight a space rat than zombs.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
How high do the stats go and are we getting any stat points on level up?

vmar

Savant
I'm not sure what the stat cap is, I had certain stats at 15+ by the end. You get 5 points each level up.

Morkar Left

One of the most anticipated - if not the most anticipated - game I'm waiting for. Since Prospector doesn't get any updates anymore and Aurora could be hit or miss this is the only space rpg that could deliver!

vmar

Savant
How is the need for party members specialization in skills/stats? Is it 5 points to spread like crazy or to put in 2 stats max (Underrail style?)

For stats I mainly just put points in 2 stats depending on what I wanted that character to be doing, with a little charisma on the main character, and some endurance for the close range shotgun guy. Seems like you'd get more benefit out of specializing rather than spreading around but I've only done a single run and I'm sure stuff will change so I'm not entirely sure.

As for skills I'm thinking in the final version you'd probably need your team to cover as many skills as possible. Skills govern everything from opening locks, quality of stuff you loot, how well you can do certain things on the ship, etc. I didn't want to spread points too thin in char creation so I just picked like one non-combat skill to pump for each character. Don't know if I mentioned it yet but skills are level by doing, you can only raise stats on level up. Not sure if there will be a way to level skills after creation.

Maybe we should horde on Steam forums asking to remove or change zombies to something else?

I was thinking about posting a suggestion on the Steam forum to not fill the game with zombies, that's the one thing that will kill the game for me guaranteed.

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I was thinking about posting a suggestion on the Steam forum to not fill the game with zombies, that's the one thing that will kill the game for me guaranteed.
If you do give us a sign here. I'll gladly support.

Plane Escapee

Your friend
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I like zombies. Though I exclusively want to see them in actual zombie apocalypse settings or in the starting area of Planescape: Torment. Space zombies are bad zombies. No to space zombies.

Gwendo

Augur
But why zombies? :negative:

I prefer zombies than giant insects. By far.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
Am I the only one who is annoyed with aiming system?
For example if I want to shoot an into arm of the enemy I must position cursor into precisely right place on enemy model that moves in it's idle animations.
It's not quite as bad as Divinity: Original Sin, where zombies could dodge my click causing my character to move instead, but slightly infuriating still.

e. 1.6 GB patch loading on Steam. Haven't found changelog yet.
e2. Found it:
PATCH Incoming!
ETA - 30 minutes

--Mine mission auto-complete bug fixed - a mission would complete itself immediately after being given.
--A possible fix for the Mine mission all clear but Scarby wont talk to you bug. You may need to restart from a previous save if Scarby doesn't recognize the mission as complete.
--You can no longer heal KO team members - this was an oversight that could have caused a lot of big problems with game stability. Thanks for finding this!
--Auto saves are in! When you switch levels, the game will auto-save with a time stamp. I'll add this as an optional feature when the "Game" options menu goes in. This is a new feature so I'll keep an eye on it for the next few days. This will ensure folks can go back to a fairly recent save when they have a problem in the game!

Last edited:

vmar

Savant
The dev said on the steam forums he's working on a patch for the aiming since it is kinda clunky. I didn't like how you had to pixel hunt for the best shot percentage, since moving your cursor a couple pixels to the side could change your hit chance even on the same body part.

Gwendo

Augur
The game is really clunky. It says that we move with the left click, but it's the right click, the same button for rotation of the camera, so it's annoying to want to rotate the camera and the characters starting to move.

Shooting a rifle or a shotgun, looks the same.

The game doesn't always register the mouse clicks.

It's difficult to position our PCs, the occupy more space than what the graphics show. So sometimes you want to place somewhere and it says he's blocked although that's not obvious.

It has a really amateurish look and specially, the feel.

StellarTactics

Maverick Games
Developer
Hi folks - Stellar Tactics developer here. The zombies evolve - Once you leave the Dauntless, you still encounter lower level Phage (as their called) - However, they are now intelligent. Most will wield Psy powers, others are more military, though you wont see them in the Prologue.

I guess what I'm saying is, give Phage a chance. You might be surprised.

And if you do encounter spelling errors, please do post them int he bug reports area on the Steam forum. I'll really appreciate.

I hope you all enjoy the game.

veevoir

Klytus, I'm bored
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech
I guess what I'm saying is, give Phage a chance. You might be surprised

Wait, what, Phage? So those are not zombies but a race of Star Trek dr. Mengeles?

CBS_VOYAGER_105_CONTENT_CIAN_423387_1928_1280x720_342686787732_423438_640x360.jpg

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Should've called them "NomNom".

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom