Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Storm of Zehir - Final Battle

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Well, yeah...I'll try not to spoil too much.

At least I hope that this is the final battle, as an even harder fight would make little sheep cry. This all took me by suprise, as this is the first fight in both NWN2 OC and all Addons that really IS hard. Congrats on that, Obsidian :)

Until that part of the game, I came along pretty well with my Monk, Fighter/Rogue, Favoured Soul and Warlock. I'd even say it was too easy, especially the story-bound fights.
I didn't take any cohorts, simply because I didn't need them (not on normal, at least).
All characters are lvl 14 to 17.
But this battle seems fairly impossible to me.

Those are the reasons I figured out to be the biggest problems:

1. No resting before the final battle. Seriously, whose idea was that? Mean bastard ;) You just can't get to the final battle with all your spells etc. still there when you have to fight before. And you have to, since there is still one level of the dungeon where sneaking won't do the trick. And even if you knew before and saved all your stuff...

2. Zealots standing around, praying at statues, healing everyone. As if the fight itself wouldn't already be hard enough. And with only 4 people, all dying like flies in that fight, you have no one to send killing those Zealots.

3. Big thing with a lot of swords attached to it. 4 attacks a round (or more?), all around 15 - 25 dmg, hits (almost) always. At least I noticed that when it attacked my Monk (and shouldn't Monks be kinda.. hard to hit?), taking the poor guy down in 3 rounds or something.

4. Eyes watching you. Not that they'd do anything, but I feel threatened by them just floating there ;)

So... has anyone finished this fight and has some other tips other than going back, leveling to 19 and getting cohorts?...

What I already tried:

Luring the big bosses away (meaning: more or less sacrificing Rogue and Favoured Soul), so my Monk and Warlock could finish off the healing Zealots and both Purebloods.
Even with that I wasn't able to get the big one below "Badly Injured"... and there is still the priest.

Erebus

Arcane
I posted the strategy I used on another thread but, since you have a totally different party, it wouldn't work for you.

thesheeep said:
1. No resting before the final battle. Seriously, whose idea was that? Mean bastard ;) You just can't get to the final battle with all your spells etc. still there when you have to fight before. And you have to, since there is still one level of the dungeon where sneaking won't do the trick. And even if you knew before and saved all your stuff...

Invisibility enables you to avoid fighting on the last level of the dungeon.

2. Zealots standing around, praying at statues, healing everyone. As if the fight itself wouldn't already be hard enough. And with only 4 people, all dying like flies in that fight, you have no one to send killing those Zealots.

They're annoying indeed. I focused on killing them first (some with spells, some with my rogue). If you can summon some creatures to act as meat shields, it should give you enough time to get rid of them. They're not very resistant and it's possible to sneak attack at least some of them.

3. Big thing with a lot of swords attached to it. 4 attacks a round (or more?), all around 15 - 25 dmg, hits (almost) always. At least I noticed that when it attacked my Monk (and shouldn't Monks be kinda.. hard to hit?), taking the poor guy down in 3 rounds or something.

Don't go anywhere near the Herald. Have him chase one of your PCs, away from the rest of the battle.

I think the right order for killing the enemies is the following :
- the praying zealots
- the minor enemies
- the Herald
- N'Safa

Use pause a lot (especially to check that the Herald is not coming near any of your PCs). Save during the fight.

Without a sorcerer or wizard, I don't suppose you can use the scrolls found in the library (the Wail of the Banshee scroll contributed a lot to my victory). If your Favored Soul has Destruction and Harm, use them to kill the minor enemies quickly. Once most of the enemies are dead, target the Herald with your Warlock.

4. Eyes watching you. Not that they'd do anything, but I feel threatened by them just floating there ;)

To tell the truth, I didn't even notice them the first time because of the camera angle.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
There's already a final soz battle thread.... why the spam?

Caveman

Scholar
047.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom