Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Strategic RPG Legends of Eisenwald Kickstarter: Funding Goal Surpassed, 7 Days To Go

Stinger

Arcane
Guys, storyfans and combatfans are just as bad and as close minded as each other. Commie, rads has a point that the castle upgrades system could do quite a fair bit towards improving the depth and complexity of the combat. And FeelTheRads, don't dismiss Alpha Protocol's greatest strength, i.e. that its dialogue is more than just linear cutscenes and the mechanics are well thought out and one of the better examples of dialogue that feels like a valid gameplay mechanic, for the sake of claiming that all nextgen popamole bullshit is due to emotionally engaged retards.

Out of those options I'd be inclined to go with the castle upgrades. I love the idea of improving the story and making it nonlinear i.e. with C&C but I don't see it working on a $10k budget and I think the Castle Upgrades (Castle Assault looks fairly boring personally) could do more to enhance the gameplay that it's already doing quite well. I'd rather a 'very good' strategy game over a game with 'good' combat and haphazardly done C&C.

Congrats Aterdux, as usual I can't fund due to technical reasons but I'll try to figure out a way to fund in these last few days.

In the meantime do you have plans for a paypal or to bring it to a digital distribution service like GoG or Steam (this part's a stupid question, of course you do right?)

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Hey FeelTheRads.....

Looks like we are going to have a better story in Legends of Eisenwald...:smug:

Oh and Stinger, I'm all for castle upgrades and extra battles. FeelTheRads was just being a Cryway and selectively ignoring parts of my posts that didn't let him 'raeg'. I was merely prioritising story development in the base game over things that are easy to add later on, like battles and upgrades to a castle. Once a story and quests are done, it's hard to then squeeze stuff in later that doesn't seem out of place or to remake simple quests into more complex ones.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Congrats, you guys. Really happy you all got funded and will have a chance to make this game.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Damn, they got a lot of money in the last day. Fuck RPS, if they have covered this earlier, the project could have reached 85-100K.

almondblight

Arcane
Damn, they got a lot of money in the last day. Fuck RPS, if they have covered this earlier, the project could have reached 85-100K.

Pretty much. Especially considering RPS did multiple articles on Hardcore Tactical Shooter, which plagiarized its images and needs to find outside funding to get made, and Rupublique, which only moved from iOS to the PC when it couldn't make enough and also needs to find outside funding to get made.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Great stuff! After the current and ongoing bitching about Wasteland 2 and it's direction, it's refreshing to see a totally unpretentious, modest, well thought out and designed game like this succeed despite every obstacle. Shit, even with the current KS craze it was being ignored by most sites in favor of a bunch of total shite or stuff that already was being promoted everywhere at 1000% levels!

:bro:

kazgar

Arcane
Great stuff! After the current and ongoing bitching about Wasteland 2 and it's direction, it's refreshing to see a totally unpretentious, modest, well thought out and designed game like this succeed despite every obstacle. Shit, even with the current KS craze it was being ignored by most sites in favor of a bunch of total shite or stuff that already was being promoted everywhere at 1000% levels!

:bro:

Its hopefully a sign what the KS rage will be once all the hoopla and media hype dies out. Good bunch of guys with a good idea that's strongly presented (or even partially done) going to the audience and saying "Here's what we got, we like it, we hope you do, help us make it real" and the audience going "heck yeah" and making it happen. I'm sure Aterdux would like to be 1000% funded, but it sounds like they just wanna make a good game, and now they can.

Self-Ejected

Kosmonaut

Lost in Space
In before Aturdux developers stop posting on the Codex because their goal was met and they don't need the 'Dex anymore.

Aterdux Entertainment

Aterdux Entertainment
Developer
Hello everyone! I had this thread on my watch list but for some reason there were no notifications or I just missed them during our final Kickstarter days :) So glad that there are so many supporters from here, from external sources rpgcodex is ranked 2nd, the first being obviously RPS, the coverage greatly helped our fundraising in the last four days. Even though we didn't reach our 85k stretch goal, I hope we will be able to get the missing amount from Paypal and Yandex (Russian payment system). I think today is the first day I feel coming back to real life :) That was like a good dream but time to wake up now and get to real work.

About not posting here - in the last week of campaign we barely slept - there were a lot of things going on, so I probably wouldn't have had time to write anything meaningful here. Although I wish I knew there was some activity here so I at least could have said hi. Anyway, rpgcodex was our entry into serious games so to say and we will never forget it. Thank you all of you here! Soon I will go back on my brofisting quest :)

Aterdux Entertainment

Aterdux Entertainment
Developer
Jaesun - we are already working on it! But some of us now have difficulty switching back to "normal" intensity mode. Sleep hours somewhat normalized, and we are really looking forward to our first weekend in over a month where we will stay away from the office :)

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Hey relax and get away from the computers for a bit. It will do you all good. Maybe go to a Lukaszenko rally, burn some US and EU flags, that sort of thing!...:salute:

Captain Shrek

Hey relax and get away from the computers for a bit. It will do you all good. Maybe go to a Lukaszenko rally, burn some US and EU flags, that sort of thing!...:salute:
DON'T RELAX. Just get that sleep. DO NOT RELAX. Work on your game. We are counting on you. ;)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom