Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Streets of Rage 4

Generic-Giant-Spider

We wanted Max not JAX.

Axel - Caucasian
Blaze - Latina (I always assumed she was Latina otherwise Caucasian)
Adam - Black... but one of the good ones
Adam's sister - TRASH
Scuffed Jax - TRASH

Shiva/Roo, save us.

Generic-Giant-Spider

It always annoys me when the character selection is bigger than what it allowed for the co-op. Like right now there's five characters, but the maximum number for co-op is four. So someone has to be left out and now you're thinking the entire way through, "I wonder what Skate would be doing right about now" (I know the black girl isn't Skate, but that should be Skate if you ask me) and before you know it you just got clotheslined by Abadede charging in from offscreen due to this self imposed distraction. Cheap fuck.

Falksi

Arcane
The more I see of it, the less enthusiastic I am about it.

It really doesn't seem to capture the vibe of the original or the best games of that genre. It looks too cheesy & shit.

The more I see it moving the more ok I am with the direction they've gone visually. At the same time I'm a little surprised the particular direction they went with it is where they went, because I'm pretty sure the French people that handled that are also the same ones that did the Lastman cartoon from a few years ago...and Lastman is heavily influenced by beat 'em ups.

Instead their Windjammers 2 game looks more like LastMan and how I'd figured this would look.

Momock

Augur
The more I see it moving the more ok I am with the direction they've gone visually. At the same time I'm a little surprised the particular direction they went with it is where they went, because I'm pretty sure the French people that handled that are also the same ones that did the Lastman cartoon from a few years ago...and Lastman is heavily influenced by beat 'em ups.
Naaah, it's from the people who made the Monster Boy 3 remake (for the graphics. It's the dudes from that beat'em up with french youtubers who're making the gameplay).

Windjammers 2 is in the same style of Lastman or anything from Jérémie Périn, but I don't think it's actually from him: https://www.catsuka.com/focuson/perin_jeremie

Naaah, it's from the people who made the Monster Boy 3 remake (for the graphics. It's the dudes from that beat'em up with french youtubers who're making the gameplay).

Windjammers 2 is in the same style of Lastman or anything from Jérémie Périn, but I don't think it's actually from him: https://www.catsuka.com/focuson/perin_jeremie

I just looked it up, the trailers for both games were done by the co-creator of Lastman (Balak) Yves Bigerel and his studio Bobbypills/Bobby Prod. The Art Director on this game, Ben Fiquet, made a short with him years ago called Pyrats.

Looks at this I just found out they had a new movie coming out on Netflix. Or at least Netflix in France, don't know when it gets here.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Yeah the game looks good, but I'm going to turn off the voice acting cuz that's baaad.

Falksi

Arcane
The digitized voices in the original SOR were pretty bad as well. Axel sounded like he was taking a dump whenever he did his jumping knee.

That was nearly 30 years ago though. I think it's reasonable to expect the voice acting & production to have improved slightly

Terenty

Liturgist
Will i be able to beat up transvestites with moustaches? That's where the true spirit of Bare Knuckles lies

Generic-Giant-Spider

They don't have the satisfying CRACK with the pipe.

Unplayable.

Momock

Augur

They tried to diversify the characters giving them unique moves and ways to play (Adam can side-step through enemies, Blaze can air-juggle, etc). The ennemies aren't pushovers, the bosses have patterns to learn and look less cheasables. Looks good, as expected.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom