Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Studio FOW's Subverse - Explore a wacky galaxy full of hot alien babes! - now on Early Access

Zer0wing

Cipher
Make it past 400k+ GBP pls. :bounce:

I don't think they can do much with 127k GBP.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Anyway, apparently, these goys also did several 3D hentai movies.

What exactly was their business model? I don't see their videos for sale anywhere and they have them for free on their site.

Anyway, I see they aren't joking about that hentai content:
ah7Nre6.png

Sharpedge

Prophet
Anyway, apparently, these goys also did several 3D hentai movies.

What exactly was their business model? I don't see their videos for sale anywhere and they have them for free on their site.

Anyway, I see they aren't joking about that hentai content:
ah7Nre6.png
Well, the trailer they posted said they were banned from patreon, so i'd guess it was that.

Last edited:

Incendax

Augur
Lambchop19 said:

Last I saw they were making about $22,000 a month on Patreon. Then they hid their numbers for a while, won a bunch of Patreon awards, then Patreon went full Tumblr on them.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Update #5 - £150,000 Unlocked! Meet Elaisha!
Posted by FOW Interactive (Creator)

Now we're in BUSINESS! You guys have smashed through another milestone, and this one is extremely important - let me break down why...

Going into this campaign we had planned for 2 versions of Subverse:

1) A truncated version with several chapters and only 4-5 waifus that we could execute on a limited budget

2) The full version of Subverse with the entire set of 9 waifus and about 11 chapters

In my opinion the full version of the script will allow for a significantly better product with fleshed out characters, better recruitment missions, and breathing room for the story to crescendo into an ending with three...different...colors.

So by hitting this goal you guys have allowed us to shred the truncated script and go with our intended version of the game, and I'm forever thankful for that!

Now that we have hit our goal I'm also delighted to reveal one of the other waifus you will be uhh...holding hands with in Subverse:

Meet Elaisha! She's from a race of glammed-up, beauty obsessed, genocidal space elves who will happily exterminate anybody less fabulous than them. Elaisha is basically a runway model who will tear your soul out at a moment's notice.

Her race is so dangerous that even the Imperium is scared shitless of them. You'll be helping her with a very special task that we'll be revealing later!

For now, enjoy this concept by the great Dzung Phung Dinh, who is currently working with me and Portsman on sculpting Elaisha's 3D model.

9a8dbd3bbe97e71f918c80c3ffd94f30_original.jpg

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
When has hate stopped a man from having sex? I'm reminded of a certain barbarian saying about what's best in life.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Update #6 - Voice Acting is now a GO! £175,000 Reached!
Posted by FOW Interactive (Creator)

Hey everyone, Samine here!

We QUICKLY hit the tier I was longing for, wow! You have successfully provided jobs for many talented actors who are ready to record their hearts out for your listening pleasure. Fierce battle cries, heated conversations, erotic moans and more~

However, we actually NEED MORE TALENT to help us bring this game to life! Now that we're certain we have the budget to compensate voice actors, we will be making the necessary preparations after the campaign ends to hold a casting call. There will be Female AND Male roles to be filled, so if you've got a studio-quality recording space at home and are already an experienced voice actor, be sure to follow our twitter page to find out when we post for the official Subverse public Casting Call!

23b82ec29a55a9181d9f85de74077a36_original.gif

I don't want to leave you lovely backers hanging, so here's a sneak peak at some of our lovely cast's work in the game thus far... here is a short scene of our Captain impersonating a delivery boy in order to gain access to Dallick's lair. Enjoy!

(WARNING: This is a work in progress and may not accurately represent what will be finalized for the game's release.)

-Samine

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom