Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Studying Bethesda: What will the FO3 Trailer show us

Hi i have done some researching to get prepared for the greatest RPG ever, that will hit this earth just like a nuke. Of course its Fallout 3. So take a look at the official Oblivion teaser, which was released with the whole Countdown thing, too. I`m not sure if this is all correct, but have fun watching.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGa3tfebBWo

What can we expect for the Fallout 3 trailer - some speculations:
- a camerafly through some towns
- epic orgasm music till the bloody end
- Teh Official Bethesda Logo on se Zoom Modus
- a walking deathclaw(see 0:34 the Fallout 3 Deathclaw will actually be only a retextured one)
- a walking mutant ( see 0:32 or something, again you can expect a retextured version of that buddy)
- a golden sentence with these words "From the makers of the awardwinning Oblivion..." in the beginning
- some random flying gunmodels, akimbo mode preferred
- EGOview: showing us that Fallout 3 looks SO cool on Ragdoll Physics
- Some mutants randomly punching in the air
Other possible quotes:
"Xbox360, Playstation 3 only."
"Oblivion with guns"
"10 out of 10 magazines agree, this game is TEH GAME."

And you know the funny part of this. Bethesda is soooo predictable..... :)

Zomg

Arbiter
Nah, the first few "teasers" will have no useful information, just sound snippets, a logo design and so on. I strongly doubt they'll have any in-game models shown or anything like that.

Section8

Cipher
I doubt you'll even get that. My money is on about 5 seconds of actual game related content, with the rest big chunky text.

dagorkan

Arbiter
No, it'll be more like this:

40 seconds of just music and text... fading in and out, eg "IN 1996 DERE WAZ FALLOUTT 1" / "A GAME OF ... [ADVENSHUR/COMBAT/EPIK PLOTZ/HUMUR/BLAHBLAHBLAH]" / "FALLOUTT 2 (1998" / "A LEGENDRY/KULT FRANCHISE" / "NOW TEH TIME HAS CUMM!" / "TEH TIME HAS CUMM... TO RENEW DA LEGACY!! (fades slowly)" / "FRUMM TEH PRESENTA'S OF TEH BEST-SELLING GAEM OF 2006" / "[TES4: OBLIVVION - 10/10 GAMESPOT!!1 - 9.75/10 IGN! 9.85/10 PCGAMER!!]" / "A RENOUNED RPG DEVELOPER (NEXTGEN AWARD WINNER TODD HOWARD)" / "IN 2008 ZENIMAX PRODUCTIONS PROUDLY PRESENTZ 2 U..."

7.25 seconds of non-game 'cinematic' footage. About 2.5 seconds of content, 6.75 seconds of fade-ins, fade-outs. Content shown: brief views of landscapes (like the ones we've seen), a deserted town, some dude walking through the desert with a shotgun over his shoulder... maybe in the very last segment some enraged mutant lashing at the camera.

Music reaches fever pitch.

[MASSIVE FONT] "FALLOUTT 3!!!!!1!!"

Music changes slightly, the Fallout 3 logo flashes or something for fifteen seconds to really makes sure it's sunk in.

25 seconds of credits: Bethesda, Great Producers, Creator of The Elder Scrolls, Hollywood Star Talent, Zenimax Interactive, blahblahblah.

"CUMMING SOON FOR THE XBOX360/PS3/WII EXTR33ME/PSP/PC"

"P.S. U CAN VISIT US ON HTTP://ELDERSCROLLS/TESFORUM 4 MORE INFO'S & TEAZERS!!!!"

Fade to black.

edit:
Funny, I typed this before reading the other/Section8's replies.

Kingston

Arcane
I lack the wit to put something hilarious here
Ahh yes, they will definately do the "First Fallout 1 in 1997. Then Fallout 2 in 1998. And now... almost ten years later ... Bethseda Softworks, who brought you Morrowind (GOTY 2001) And Oblivion (GOTY 2006), take the reigns to bring you...

- A 3 second montage of dramatic stuff -

FALLOUT 3!"

Excrément

Arbiter
I am pretty sure there are 2 or 3 companies only who produce "professionnal" trailer for video games and that's why it's always the same shit we see with big text, male frightening voice and hyping bullshit.

Callaxes

Arbiter
Someone's excited/bored/thrilled about this... Realy though, is Liam's voice and a teaser announcement realy worth so many topics in 2 differint forums here?

Red Russian

Scholar
That's 'cause we all can't wait to see the delibarately leaked snuff-film of the official raping of Fallout.

Fallout 3: A Snuff-Film Production...

Ladonna

Arcane
All wrong.

It will have a whole heap of text, voiced by Liam Neeson, superimposed over a Liam Neeson 'Father' headshot. This will run for about 10 seconds. The end.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom