Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Suddenly... Serious Sam 3.

Oriebam

Formerly M4AE1BR0-something
hey could you guys give me a quick rundown of the differences amongst serious sam TFE, TSE and the HD versions? especially TFE vs TSE

Multi-headed Cow

HD versions don't have silly gravity, and that's basically the only difference. Less of an issue in TFE, but TSE has a few more silly gravity parts.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
The HD versions also have some added secrets and a small number of added/changed monster encounters.

Gord

Arcane
Finished it yesterday after it sat on my HDD since christmas.
Fun game for in between other stuff. Starts out a bit boring (but then again I was down with the flu when I started playing it around New Year, which meant that nothing would have been really enjoyable), but get's better after the second or so level. If you like mindless shooters with insane amounts of enemies and much irony, SS3 is just right.

:necro:

So uhh... I finally got around to finishing SS3/DLC stuff. Game is awesome and stuff etc etc

Goddamn devs put such restrictions on ammo availability though (Normal difficulty). You almost ALWAYS have to use CoD assault rifle shit, shotgun, rocket launcher and C4. Minigun/Laser(SEKKRIT WEAPON OMG)/Sniper(OMG SEKKKRIT TOO)/Cannon stuff is so rare, even later levels have very limited supplies. Devastator OP and ammo is too common.
DLC was surprisingly good. I expected just re-used stuff. Here you end up using laser/sniper a lot...

Now I really miss those ammo backpacks from TSE/TFE.

Edit: and omg guise i just have 1 achievement left OCD forever.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
:necro:

So uhh... I finally got around to finishing SS3/DLC stuff. Game is awesome and stuff etc etc

Goddamn devs put such restrictions on ammo availability though (Normal difficulty). You almost ALWAYS have to use CoD assault rifle shit, shotgun, rocket launcher and C4. Minigun/Laser(SEKKRIT WEAPON OMG)/Sniper(OMG SEKKKRIT TOO)/Cannon stuff is so rare, even later levels have very limited supplies. Devastator OP and ammo is too common.
DLC was surprisingly good. I expected just re-used stuff. Here you end up using laser/sniper a lot...

Now I really miss those ammo backpacks from TSE/FE.

Lucky Skyway is not here to read this...before being killed in a Russian conterattack, he swore blind that SS3 was much slower than the older games and played like COD or something....bizarre.

SS3 is indeed an excellent game. Forgot about the DLC, even though I have it. Must install again...

Ohhh right. I remember being pissed off with increased amounts of hitscan bullshit. Dark baby scorpion tomb... TEH BLUR MY GOD TEH BLUR.

Luckily the blur can be turned off and the random scorpion/soldier shots aren't so bad.

Skyway probably never got out of the first building (the game does change your speed based on indoor/outdoor location).

Edit: I don't know if people realise, but HD remakes and this one include a color option. I set mine to vivid and suddenly the game looked like good ol' serious sam. Same goes for HD TFE/TSE.

Last edited:

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Ohhh right. I remember being pissed off with increased amounts of hitscan bullshit. Dark baby scorpion tomb... TEH BLUR MY GOD TEH BLUR.

Luckily the blur can be turned off and the random scorpion/soldier shots aren't so bad.

Skyway probably never got out of the first building (the game does change your speed based on indoor/outdoor location).

Edit: I don't know if people realise, but HD remakes and this one include a color option. I set mine to vivid and suddenly the game looked like good ol' serious sam. Same goes for HD TFE/TSE.

Yeah..some games just need colour. This grimdark, everything has to be grey or brown shit and look like Private Ryan to be 'realistic' misses the point.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Or become joyful colourfull like indie garbages.

Yeah, game is cool, hope the next one will evolve into something really good. I heard they working on it, thumbs up.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Lucky Skyway is not here to read this...before being killed in a Russian conterattack, he swore blind that SS3 was much slower than the older games and played like COD or something....bizarre.

SS3 is indeed an excellent game. Forgot about the DLC, even though I have it. Must install again...

It starts off that way so he probably didn't play beyond the first couple of levels.

Tehdagah

Arcane

Did that actually happened?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom