Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Summa Expeditionis - Roman legionary survival crafting

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria

Will you survive in the wild northern Hispania of the 1st century BC? Step into the sandals of a Roman legionnaire in Summa Expeditionis: a survival, base building and strategy game. You have been sent to the last corner of the Empire and your mission is to go into uncharted territory, establish a fortified camp and grow enough to subdue these unruly barbarians.

• Explore - Uncover the secrets of a new terra incognita, the final frontier of the Empire.
  • Survive - Find food, collect resources, hunt local wildlife and settle in a harsh environment.
  • Fabricate - Use all the resources at your disposal to make tools, weapons and all kinds of supplies.
  • Build - From a simple bonfire, turn your camp into a true Roman vanguard fortification, capable of supplying a legion and defending against barbarian attacks.
  • Manage - Organize work shifts between soldiers and slaves, schedule guards and keep an eye on the morale of the troops.
  • Combat - Hunt and neutralize the barbarian Cantabri tribes. Enslave the exploitable, execute the rest, and rule these lands in the name of Rome.
  • Ascend - Your achievements will not go unnoticed. Earn the trust of your superiors and climb the Roman military hierarchy.

Demo gameplay:

edit.
Devlogs:

Last edited:

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
Looks like shit.
survival crafting
Yep, it's shit.
What if I told you that game gives you faithful dog companion at the beginning?
a6aed913131e5a4a.png

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Survival is the new fad.

Survival Crafting is an eternal fad. It's been hyper popular since at least Minecraft and it's showing no signs of stopping anytime soon because kids love it for some reason. See Palworld.

Perhaps they just really love doing repetitive things.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/2056200/view/6088373497675655625
Roadmap ️ Summa Expeditionis
Hi centurion,

I would like to start this message by sincerely thanking you for the support received. After so much time and effort, finally feeling how the community can play -
a demo
- of Summa Expeditionis has been incredible. And it's only fair to thank with the same enthusiasm the playtesters who have helped shape the Summa demo over the past month.

Next, I would like to share with you the future plans of Summa Expeditionis, inviting you to join our Discord community to participate in the upcoming playtests that I will be organizing regularly.

• Activate hunger, thirst, sleep, and balance the three systems and their relationship with terrain generation.
  • Integrate all NPC routines and refine the logical relationship between them.
  • Develop the rank-up (tier) mechanic.
  • Integrate buildings and production chains of rank 2.
  • Develop barbarian attacks on your camp as you rank up.
  • Refine combat experience and orders during battle.
  • Refine the camp management interface and tasks.
  • Refine sound effects and the soundtrack, as well as integrate new soundscapes.

Regarding the Early Access release date of the game, many of you have asked about it and I would love to provide a precise date. But for now, I can't do that; the best I can share with you right now is that Early Access will be launched when the game is ready.

The feedback received during the demo has made me more excited than ever to continue development. It has helped confirm that I'm not the only one who believes in the enormous potential of Summa Expeditionis. And so, once again: thanks to everyone who played the demo, those who trusted the project enough to join the community and add Summa to their wishlist, and to the content creators who have supported the game from their channels.

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here
Dev Diary ️ New buildings and tasks
Hello centurion,

I would like to share with you the work done since Next Fest ended on February 12th. At this moment, I am improving and expanding the experience of the first tier of the campaign with new additions such as a wicker palisade, a thick grass dryer to generate straw, and new warehouses.

2673c79b1d6319ffc3d1ecc20a1affee2ee96abe.png

NPC routines continue to improve: they are now able to make flour, butcher animals, make leather, build, and dismantle.

Regarding resource management, "straw bale" and "wicker bale" items have been added for better storage, in addition to adding to the inventory view the heavy object that is being carried (log, stone, sack, etc.).

I invite you to join our Discord community if you want to stay updated on the development and contact me directly, and to follow us on Twitter/X if you like Roman memes :) As always, thank you very much for your support and affection towards Summa Expeditionis.

If you would also like to read the full notes of the latest version, they are as follows:

Version 0.0.76

Construction

• A new building has been added to tier 1 defenses, wicker barricade.
  • A new production building "Grass Dryer" has been added, which produces straw from thick grass.
  • 3 new warehouses have been added for: thick grass, straw, and wicker.
  • Gizmos have been added to buildings to indicate their orientation and other aspects to consider before placing.
  • The model of the level 1 sack warehouse has been modified, it is now on a wooden platform and has a capacity for 10 sacks.
  • A new storage building for "Straw Bale" has been added, for 9 straw bales.
  • A new storage building for "Wicker Bale" has been added, for 9 wicker bales.

Management

• The construction area of tier 1 defenses has been changed to the camp's influence area to better organize for tier 2.
  • The task of making flour from the mill has been added for camp overseers.
  • The task of butchering animals has been added for hunters.
  • The task of making leather in the tannery has been added for hunters.
  • The task of building has been added for camp overseers.
  • The task of dismantling has been added for camp overseers.

Resources

• A new item "Straw Bale" has been added, created from 10 units of straw.
  • A new temporary ground storage has been added when dropping "Straw Bale", for 6 straw bales.
  • A new item "Wicker Bale" has been added, created from 10 units of wicker.
  • A new temporary ground storage has been added when dropping "Wicker Bale", for 6 wicker bales.
  • The item being carried is now visible in the inventory, and it can also be transferred to NPCs (logs, rocks, sacks...).

Bugs fixed

• A bug that did not save rocks in the saved game after splitting them has been resolved.
  • A bug that did not save the harvesting state of plants in the saved game has been resolved.
  • Animations have been blocked when carrying something (Greetings, hand movements, etc.).
  • A bug with the spear that made the equipment system unstable has been resolved.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Still looks like shit + nobody cares

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom