Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Summer Game Fest + Summer of Gaming 2022 - June 1st to 21st

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
He's also taken over hosting Gamescom. But it's an interesting question. Wouldn't surprise me if the guy does consulting gigs with publishers or something like that.

Hobknobling

Learned
He has spent two decades being a big game publisher sycophant so you can bet he has landed some really cushy and well-paid consulting jobs. He probably doesn't have financial pressure to do anything beyond hosting a couple of glorified advertisement breaks.

Outlander

Custom Tags Are For Fags.
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
4e3a59e0e1c0cc1e518420e6de9f3765.jpeg

Young_Hollow

Liturgist
The fight for the mouthbreather audience that awaited and fought over E3 continues even after the death of E3 itself. Hopefully sensible developers just host their own reveal / announcement streams and ignore this attempt at franchising by games journ*lists.

vortex

Fabulous Optimist
I demand Bioshock 4, Ken's Levine next thing, Starfield, Callisto Protocol, Dishonored 3, Dragon age 4, Mass Effect next generation, Todd's Howard Indiana Jones. Thanks Geoff.

Last edited:

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
xDeR3gM.jpg
tTNLxwD.png

It is funny I was't aware if this then i dreamed about something mentioning E3 and Las Vegas. Well, Los Angeles is where it is usually so that dream was shit. So i hear of this Summer Games Fest via IMAX.

[
What to expect?
Summer Games Fest

Will this decesion be a colossal failure for future events? The reasoning for canceling seens retarded. Can't say I ever really cared but many do.

They say a physical E3 will be back in 2023 but it could go all digital permanently.

Last edited by a moderator:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/pc-gaming-show-date-time-2022/

This year's PC Gaming Show airs June 12 at 12:30 pm PT
Here's how to watch the 2022 PC Gaming Show.

There's technically no E3 this year, but like migratory birds guided by Earth's magnetic field, flocks of game announcements will pass through Southern California this June anyway. 2022's most exciting group, recognizable by their RGB plumage, will congregate at the eighth annual PC Gaming Show on Sunday, June 12 at 12:30 pm Pacific, which will be livestreamed on Twitch, YouTube, and other major streaming platforms.

I've seen the list of games appearing at this year's show—there are over 45—and the titles alone have my curiosity buzzing. Just a few of them: Arma 4, Sam Barlow's Immortality, mod project Half-Life: Alyx – Levitation, Warhammer 40K: Space Marine 2, and Victoria 3. I can't share many other specifics, but I'm happy to report that "tactical" appears twice in the list, and there are two games whose titles are presently unknown: one from Klei Entertainment and another from 11 Bit Studios. Mysterious!

Tune in on Twitch or YouTube at 12:30 pm Pacific (3:30 pm Eastern, 8:30 pm in the UK) for the main event, which will be anchored by returning hosts Sean Day[9] Plott and Mica Burton. (The easiest way to find out when the PC Gaming Show 2022 starts in your location is with this time zone chart.)

Join the stream before 12:30 pm PT for the pre-show (exact timing to be determined), which will include a sneak peek at an exciting project we've been working on at PC Gamer.

The PC Gaming Show isn't the only event to watch this June videogame watching season. The day before the PC Gaming Show, on Saturday, June 11, our pals at GamesRadar are putting on the Future Games Show at 12 pm PT. And on the same day as the PC Gaming Show, the Xbox and Bethesda Showcase will air at 10 am PT. The PC Gaming Show pre-show will start after that showcase concludes.

Summer Game Fest is also back, with its main event airing prior to PC Gaming Show weekend on Thursday, June 9 at 11 am PT. We'll have coverage of all the events happening this June; here's what the 'not technically E3' schedule looks like right now.

We started the PC Gaming Show in 2015 because we felt PC gaming deserved an E3 stage just as much as the consoles. We're delighted to have accomplished that goal for the past seven years, creating an E3 (or June videogame watching season) tradition for the PC that stands right next to the press conferences from console makers and big publishers like Ubisoft and EA.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
https://www.videogameschronicle.com...will-be-primarily-focused-on-announced-games/

Geoff Keighley says Summer Game Fest will be ‘primarily focused’ on announced games
THE PRESENTER URGES VIEWERS TO MANAGE THEIR EXPECTATIONS IN TERMS OF ‘MEGATON SHOCKS’

Journalist and presenter Geoff Keighley has urged viewers to “manage your expectations” ahead of this week’s Summer Game Fest live stream, which he said will be “primarily focused” on already announced games.

Speaking during a Twitter Spaces audio session this weekend (transcribed by VGC), Keighley said he was “very excited” about the content set to feature in the show, which he said will include “massive games” alongside independent titles and new teams showcasing their projects for the first time.

Keighley claimed the show would include exclusive games for both Xbox and Nintendo Switch, but said that Microsoft would likely keep its biggest hitters for its own showcase, and was unclear if Nintendo itself was involved in SGF (“we’d love to have them involved if and when they’re ready”).

He also urged viewers to rein in their expectations in terms of any “megaton shocks” they might be expecting, and called some of the rumours he’d seen online “crazy”.

“This is a really exciting weekend for me because I get to finally see things we’ve been talking about to people for months,” Keighley told listeners on Twitter.

“We’ve obviously announced a bunch of things since I last talked to you guys in terms of world premieres and announcements that will be at the show.

“We’ve talked about The Callisto Protocol. That will be there. We’ll have the first gameplay demo you guys probably saw the trailer for… We’re excited to show that to you.

He added: “We’ll have the first level playthrough of Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2: That game looks really incredible, and we’re excited to showcase that for you as well on Thursday.

“We’ll have a reveal and some news around Gotham Knights and some new footage of that game as well. Cuphead: The Delicious Last Course is really coming out on June 30th, just over three weeks away, and we’ll have some new footage and studio MDHR joining us as well for that.

“Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson will be stopping by. If you played the Fortnite Collision event yesterday, like I did, you saw The Foundation in there, which was tons of fun, so we’ll look forward to hearing from him.

“We’ll have a lot more to share this week. Some other things we’re going to tease in the coming days and then there will be lots of things we’ll save until the show.”

Keighley said he expected the show to last “around an hour and a half to two hours”, but because of its live setup and many guest appearances, claimed that he wasn’t entirely sure.

“What I would say is that a lot of the games we’re going to show you are going to be [already] announced… games are going to show new content to you, like some of the ones I’ve mentioned,” he said.

“We’ve got a couple of new game announcements in the show and hopefully some surprises if everything holds. But it definitely is a show that’s primarily focused on stuff that is announced.”

He added: “So we’re doing some good stuff for you, but definitely manage your expectations in terms of the megaton shocks that you’re expecting. This is not The Game Awards. We’ve got lots of good stuff to show you but buyer beware of some of the crazy rumors I’m seeing out there in terms of things people expect to get announced.”

The host went on to use last year’s Elden Ring trailer as an example of how new reveals for already-announced games could still be as exciting as entirely new game announcements.

“That was an announced game that just showed new footage and sometimes people treat that like it was the announcement of the game, but it really was announced a few years earlier.”

He added: “I think it’s going to be a fun month of content for games coming out. And there are lots of games that have been announced that we haven’t seen stuff on and that’s going to be a big part of it.

“What I will say is that obviously The Game Awards is in December, but before then we’ve got a lot of great events from game publishers that will be happening over the next week. The Xbox and Bethesda Showcase is on Sunday… and there will be more things to be announced even in the next couple of weeks, so stay tuned.”

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
An extra day of Microsoft: https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2022/06/06/how-to-watch-the-xbox-and-bethesda-games-showcase-on-sunday/

Will there be an Extended Show? Yes! Stay tuned for the Xbox Games Showcase Extended on June 14th at 10am PT where we will share new trailers, take deeper looks at the news from the Xbox & Bethesda Games Showcase and speak with some of your favorite game creators. This all-new broadcast is approximately 90 minutes in length, and will be broadcast live in English, Latin America Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, German and French, and the additional languages we offer will be available within a week. Audio Descriptions and American Sign Language will be offered live.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom