Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

SureAI's new project: Enderal - The Shards of Order (Mostly about Enderal SE now)

Yosharian

Arcane
Out now, download is ~12GB.

Skyrim Script Extender (SKSE) by Ian Patterson, Stephen Abel and Paul Connelly
SkyUI by Sebastian Jeckel (Schlangster), Mardoxx and Psychosteve
OneTweak by virusek
Crash fixes by Meh321
ENBoost by Boris Vorontsov
TES5Edit by ElminsterAU and the xEdit Team
NifSkope by NifTools
NifMerge by Turulo
ChunkMerge by skyfox69
FNIS by Fore
Unfuzer by greentea101
Papyrus Util by exiledviper, meh321, milzschnitte
UIExtensions by expired6978
Mfg Console by kapaer
JContainers by silvericed

Several animation mods by bergzore
Font Replacement by GeeGee
Naked Bodies by Caliente
Clocks by Insanity
Hairstyles by Apachi
Mirrored Statues by McManus82
Spring Flowers by Elinen
Hay Bales by Insanity Sorrow
Rockinghorses by Tamira
Paralaxx mods by Osmodius
Ultimate HD Fire by BuzzDee84
Orphan Clothes by Timmy19992
Journeyman Armor by EcthelionOtW
Fur Bag - Backpack by TreasureChest
Mage Backpack by Tumbajamba
Travel BackPack by FrankDema
Knightly armory by xxxNeoxxx
No Poison Dialogues by Mardoxx
Hammerfell Armoury by farinelli
HD Furniture and Barrels by Quazaque
Several creatures by Vicn
Attire Pack by Grace Darkling
Female Witcher 2 GUA armor by zzjay
Several armors by TH3WICK3D1
Tavern Games by Gilles "Sagittarius" Muller
Blades and leather armor by atomec
Caves Deluxe High Res by Hectrol
Hybrids HD Plants and Herbs by Mystikhybrid
HD Misc by calfy
Dwemer goggles by volvag0
New creatues by IronMan5000
Water texture replacer by isoku
New weapon and magic sounds (Skyrim Audio overhaul) by lazyskeever
Dog retexture by LoganFarlane
Invisible Eyes glitch fix by bellwood2206
Modders Ressource Pack by Oaristys & Tony 67
Wanderers Cuirass by FrankDema & Cabal120
Several armors by maty743
Book Piles by Chesko
Shields of Jorrvaskr by hothtrooper44
Pride of Skyrim (Lions and tropical animals) - FrankTheFish, Bellyache, Targaryen, Tumbajamba, TreasureChest, DVAted, Muppetpuppet
Toys by Jacknifelee
Several trees by Ga-Knomboe Boy
Diverse armors by Hothtrooper44
Fire arrows by SilverfeetStudio
Spellsword Cuirass by Billyro
Armor compilation by OmegaRed99
Water Plants by Ztree & Elinen
TESA Clutter Kit by various artists
Diverse Flora objects by Vurt
True Elk of Skyrim (TEOS) by Impulseman45
Tree Textures by TeamXoio
Blood Textures by DDefinder1
Apocalypse Spells by EnaiSiaion
Pipe Smoking Animation by MadNuttah
Market stand, New Castle, Craftsman tools, cannons by stroti
Palms and plants by Yughues/Tamira
Food Containers by Blary
Forest Throne by Ashenfire
Goat and cow textures by YoureNotSupposedToBeInHere
Contractor Armor by Zerofrost
Grasses and Canyon Textures by Soolie
Diverse flora models by Soolie
Witcher Models by AlphaWolF
Dog textures by Loganfarlane
Goats and Cows by Yourenotsupposedtobeinhere
Monster Sounds by Nornalbian
Cartography Brushes by Schwarzkreuz
Enhanced Blood Textures by dDefinder1
Bloodthorn Replacer by Kettle Witch
Ducks and Swans by Tamira/Kaizit/Stesha
SG Hair Pack by Hello Santa
Credo Medieval Armors (Witcher5688, Luddeman, TheMedievalKnights)
Individualized Shout Cooldowns by ShadauxCat (Base script)
Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch by the Unofficial Patch Project Team (some script fixes)
Alternate 1h Power Attack Animation by mofomofu372
Level-Up With Attributes Display by ravenscans, ANaJ
1st Person Candlelight Fix by Savaas
Enderal - Simple Fixes by ravenscans
Face Masks of Skyrim by volvaga0
Bandanas of Skyrim by volvaga0
Morrowind Armor - Netch Leather by THusky
Blacksmith Workbench Old Wood by renthal311
Belt-fastened Quivers by Chesko and Ninivekha
FURtastic - Werebear Texture Overhaul by KnErBSE73
HD Werewolves by KrittaKitty
Volkihar Knight - Vampire Armor by Yamanotaka
Liam's Necromancy Staff Resource by LWatson95
The Warded Man - RaceMenu Tattoo Plugin by Jedininjafuq
Extensible Follower Framework by expired6978
Expressive Facial Animation by Niroku
Werewolf Sound Overhaul by NSJones
Savior's Pants by Sam04956
That's interesting, were all those mods originally integrated when Enderal first released? I might give this another try, though I'd have to fix it up for my ultrawide display, kind of a pain since Truby9 hasn't been updated in eons.

Does Enderal use Special Edition or Oldrim, now?

Last edited:

Paul_cz

Arcane
For whatever reason they decided to leave FixLag=true in enblocal.ini (in the main install folder), change it to false. Ultra values for external shadows are also very performance-hungry in Enderal, you can easily halve it without any meaningful difference in eye candy
Thanks, I posted about it on steam forums and someone provided the same advice. Do you know what that setting is supposed to do? Fix Lag and yet it tanks framerate?

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Basically free 60 Euro German style Gothic game. The mod team is pretty impressive, have to wonder if they expect to get anything out of this, or it's just a fun passion project?

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
For whatever reason they decided to leave FixLag=true in enblocal.ini (in the main install folder), change it to false. Ultra values for external shadows are also very performance-hungry in Enderal, you can easily halve it without any meaningful difference in eye candy
Thanks, I posted about it on steam forums and someone provided the same advice. Do you know what that setting is supposed to do? Fix Lag and yet it tanks framerate?

I've never had to use it, it was meant as a fix to (borderless) windowed mode lag but I've never actually experienced that (think I tested it once with FNV and it made fuck-all difference there). Should've been left off by default tbh.

FixLag

This feature will reduce some delays which are mainly experienced in windowed mode. These delays are actually frames skipping when the video card is under heavy load. This feature is an experimental hack which was made specifically for NVidia users, however, it may work for AMD users as well. It is new to v0.266 and, thus, not much testing has been done with it. It is disabled by default.

It's still Oldrim Yosharian.

Yosharian

Arcane

I've never had to use it, it was meant as a fix to (borderless) windowed mode lag but I've never actually experienced that (think I tested it once with FNV and it made fuck-all difference there). Should've been left off by default tbh.

FixLag

This feature will reduce some delays which are mainly experienced in windowed mode. These delays are actually frames skipping when the video card is under heavy load. This feature is an experimental hack which was made specifically for NVidia users, however, it may work for AMD users as well. It is new to v0.266 and, thus, not much testing has been done with it. It is disabled by default.

Thanks

Paul_cz

Arcane

FixLag

Enderal devs apparently already patched the game to have it disabled by default.

Arnust

Savant
Basically free 60 Euro German style Gothic game. The mod team is pretty impressive, have to wonder if they expect to get anything out of this, or it's just a fun passion project?
The only monetary profit they seem to get is from Nexus Donations (which who knows how is it) and Nicolas Lietzau's Patreon, more indirectly.

Jinn

Arcane
I'm hoping they are using these steam releases as a way to gain more recognition so that they can start developing full-fledged games rather than mods. Sometimes I like to think about Enderal if it were done in an engine similar to ELEX's and get very excited. Enderal is a great game, but there is no doubt it is very much so held back by the engine they are modding in.

Deleted Member 16721

Ultra values for external shadows are also very performance-hungry in Enderal, you can easily halve it without any meaningful difference in eye candy.

What do you mean by that? How do you halve that?

Ivan

Arcane
I came into this pretty hyped but finally gave up due to the awful combat (I did not and have not played Skyrim). Is this worth a second shot? I got as far as venturing to Ark with the first companion.

Vo and writing are great, but the combat is awful.

Geckabor

Savant
I came into this pretty hyped but finally gave up due to the awful combat (I did not and have not played Skyrim). Is this worth a second shot? I got as far as venturing to Ark with the first companion.

Vo and writing are great, but the combat is awful.

I had rougly the same experience the first time I tried the game. Thought some things were nice but the Skyrim combat was just too noticeable at one point.

Gave the game another shot a few weeks ago, and after 95 hours of game time, I've finally completed it.
The Skyrim combat is still there, but I managed to fall in love with everything else this time and that just kept me going on and playing.

The writing really is great. Also, the world/dungeon/environment design is one of the best I've ever seen. Everything just looks beautiful.
Might have to elaborate on this game some more at some point.

Deleted Member 16721

Are there any other tweaks or settings to get improved FPS? I had it drop to 25-30 on my 1080ti and it's annoying.

Arnust

Savant
Are there any other tweaks or settings to get improved FPS? I had it drop to 25-30 on my 1080ti and it's annoying.
Disabling/toning down shadows and increasing the assigned cores in the launcher went a long way for me.

Deleted Member 16721

Disabling/toning down shadows and increasing the assigned cores in the launcher went a long way for me.

Thanks. I wonder if the threaded optimizations do anything but cause more crashes.

Deleted Member 16721

There's a bug with the game that lowers my mouse speed occasionally. Anyone know how to fix that? Sometimes it kicks back into normal speed, but sometimes it will be bugged and the mouse goes slow speed for awhile. Very annoying.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom