Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Swearing and "wit" in news posts

madbringer

Arcane
hoverdog said:
...................__
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
madbringer said:
hoverdog said:
...................__

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Jaesun said:
madbringer said:
hoverdog said:
...................__

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
...................__ ............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸ ........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\ ........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...') .........\.................'...../ ..........''...\.......... _.·´ ............\..............( said:
...................__ ............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸ ........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\ ........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...') .........\.................'...../ ..........''...\.......... _.·´ ............\..............( said:
...................__

racofer

Thread Incliner
BLOBERT said:
Stage 4:
The retrospective. At this point, you prove yourself an expert about the horrors of the game by mentioning your 3-4+ playthroughs. Remember always that playing through a game multiple times means that you are a hero and suffering so that others may prosper. You are not a loser, and you are not merely trying to inflate your forum reputation. You are special!

Finally someone that gives me the due credit!

:love:

...................__

Gay-Lussac

Arcane

racofer

Thread Incliner
28auy6s.png

MetalCraze

Arcane
BLOBERT said:
BRO YOUDO BOTH

YOU HATE THE GAME BEFOREEY YOU PLAY ITTHEN YOU PLY THE SHIT OUT OF IT BRO TRUST ME I CANT FIGURE THE SHIT OUT

IT IS LIKE THE DP OF THE NEWSHIT COCKSLAVE

Bro but I didn't hate OA and enjoyed it.
I also had hopes for SC2 and Civ5 but was disappointed
I also believe Victoria 2 is a cool game but I haven't played it yet
I also didn't rage about DR2 and it was ok
And I haven't played any other game made in 2010! (was M2033 from 2010?)

How can this be bro it isn't like your legend about me please explain

Tycn

Savant
BLOBERT said:
A quick introspective interlude into the "New Elite" style of codex posting. Please forgive my change in tone as I feel an important lesson to be taught.

Stage 1:
The new game is announced. A prestigous codex poster most go into detail about how bad the game is. At this point in the critique cycle, it may be necessary to post a new thread in order to draw everyone's attention to what horrors this world can produce.

Stage 2:
Previews of the new game and youtube footage is available. Immediate work must take place to make sure such footage in interpreted in accordance with preconcieced negative attitudes of the game. At this point, it is imperative that threads anticipating the release of the game are spammed with intelligent critique such as "lol butthurt fag", "epic fail", "health regen sucks", etc.

Stage 3:
The game is released. Repeat all steps in stage 2. Remember, not only must you insult the game but anyone who may consider enjoying it.

Stage 4:
The retrospective. At this point, you prove yourself an expert about the horrors of the game by mentioning your 3-4+ playthroughs. Remember always that playing through a game multiple times means that you are a hero and suffering so that others may prosper. You are not a loser, and you are not merely trying to inflate your forum reputation. You are special!

Stage 5:
After ten years have elapsed, you are allowed to enjoy the game. The game can only be enjoyed if it is to old to be remembered at the original release by 90% of posters. Informal poll is acceptable, but actual statiscal sampling will confirm your superiority.

Remember, the important part is that you are a superior being simply because you do not enjoy things that others do. Intellectual superiority that requires neither intellect nor superiority is prefferred.
I think my brian just melted.

Phelot

Arcane
You guys do realize that Blobert just made fun of most of you, right?

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
phelot said:
You guys do realize that Blobert just made fun of most of you, right?

Not me. :smug:

I'm happy to admit I like/dislike some of the old 'classics' and like/dislike some of the new gen popamole. I take it like a man and am not afraid to say that I like AP a lot. :P

Phelot

Arcane
BLOBERT said:
A quick introspective interlude into the "New Elite" style of codex posting.

This isn't anything new. This is exactly what caused your breakdown all those years ago. You like console games and people made fun of you for it so you've gone on a 3+ year butthurt Codex strike. I :salute: your tenacity, at least.

Regardless, :love:

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Gnidrologist said:
...................__

Mortmal

Arcane
...................__

BRO KEP FHTING THE GUD FGHT§!

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
...................__

So with 10 pages of brofists, will that make BLOBERT a moderator?

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex
To add to what bro is saying and general anti-new-codex rant (fighting the good fight and all), the problem I feel is probably that Codex critique is now too associated with chaps who just vent their frustrations in the form of "rational arguments". You have assholes like skyway who think they are here to be lucid and critical but they are just here to get an ego boost and reinforce their budding junevile sense of taste through group mentality. The line is fine and subtle, and some don't see the difference because being a critic is ultimately about being negative. But being a critic is also the easiest thing and most sterile thing you can be intellectually (which attracts all the degenerates here who think they're smart, includng me of course).

It's not really that great to be frustrated about video games, the point of the Codex was to go past beyond mainstream views, now it's just being negative for the sake of being negative. You don't really get people trying to make nuanced points like say, VD used to (putting the rest of his supposed "faults" that makes him inferior to all the new self-aware enlightened codex members, somehow). If in a review VD would point out some point he'd consider to be positive about Oblivion or F3, he'd be branded as a sell-out and have to argue for 10 pages why he did it. Pretty fucking ridiculous.

fizzelopeguss

Arcane
MetalCraze said:
I also didn't rage about DR2 and it was ok

Watched a few videos from this... "game"
It looks even more awful than Borderlands. You just run around and grind passive mobs, get levels, grind more passive mobs, get levels, grind even more passive mobs. Another shitty console singleplayer MMO?

Also the game idea seems nice but fucking shitty awful cutscenes fucking fuck longer than fucking gameplay what the fuck

I mean the idea of trying to survive during zombie apocalypse by using anything you can and save whoever you can is great but how japs were doing it so far - is more and more looks like fail.

jqjrqe_jpg.gif

All that pissant moaning and crying in the thread and you actually thought it was OKAY afterall? HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Fuck me, i'm not even gonna bother with the SC2 "dissapointment" i remember you bawwing and flailing your arms like a little bitch when that game released.

Mortmal

Arcane
jqjrqe_jpg.gif

where is that coming from ? :D

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom