Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Swordhaven: Iron Conspiracy - BG1-inspired low fantasy RPG From the ATOM TEAM - Kickstarter Live

jackofshadows

Magister
+1

I'll try the demo soon and see. Having a demo is nice, otherwise I wouldn't consider pledging tbh.

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
wait there's a demo? :shredder:
Yes we have a 2-4 hr demo attached to the campaign
Will base my pledge based on the demo... tomorrow.
They don't allow pledging below $1. That's fair! Please be kind.... :O Zero feedback yet, I'm so damn scared people will find it too WIP for their tastes. Your feedback is gonna be really important. I barely had any yet, except for the few testers we have.
Did my part, got the €20 pledge. Best of luck :salute:
Thank you dude! We'll make it RIGHT, I'm sure!

Man can someone give me 200€ so that I can have my face as a portrait? I will pledge 50€ as Infinitron for now.

And best of luck! Looks great!

e: I would rather have my face in the game than get two copies of it. What am I supposed to do with two copies anyway?
Thank you! We did the multiple copies thing because our prev kickstarter experience had a surprisingly large amount of backers ask us for the ability to get multiple copies to use as gifts to friends, so we made it possible this time.

Atomboy Publish an ATOM Kickstarter update about this campaign ASAP: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/atomrpg/atom-rpg/posts
That's pretty brilliant, thx!
Also went for a 15 euro pledge. Good luck!
Thanks!
Backed. Best of luck!
Thank you!
+1

I'll try the demo soon and see. Having a demo is nice, otherwise I wouldn't consider pledging tbh.

Thanks! REMEMBER ITS WIP Tho!!

Kruyurk

Learned
Man can someone give me 200€ so that I can have my face as a portrait? I will pledge 50€ as Infinitron for now.

And best of luck! Looks great!

e: I would rather have my face in the game than get two copies of it. What am I supposed to do with two copies anyway?
You were previously asking for chainmail bikinis and now you want to have your face ingame. Are these two requests related?

Ryzer

Arcane
Are you guys planning for a DLCs roadmap or for a fully-fledged expansion game like Trudograd is to Atom? (Please do the latter)

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
For some reason sounds don't seem to work on demo.
Anyone else got this problem?

edit.
Problem fixed itself.
I'll take the demo for a spin tomorrow.

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
For some reason sounds don't seem to work on demo.
Anyone else got this problem?

edit.
Problem fixed itself.
I'll take the demo for a spin tomorrow.
Never ceases to amaze me what can go wrong after you test it a billion times... Can you tell me how that happened? And where? And which sound? All of it? We're fixing a few bugs already, might as well add that to the next update.
Are you guys planning for a DLCs roadmap or for a fully-fledged expansion game like Trudograd is to Atom? (Please do the latter)
Either that or ATOM 2 I guess. But that's all in the future, this puppy won't be fully released until late 2025 at LEAST.

Ryzer

Arcane
A madman already pledged 2000€, what a lad
sweatonmybrow.png
Money go brrrr.

Modron

Arcane
Exactly what stones am I supposed to be standing between on the Lonely Shore for the herbalist or is this all some snipe hunt? Or did I not pay attention and I am supposed to be doing this in twilight?

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Some points from playing the demo for an hour or two (what I remember).

• Really like that you have to introduce yourself to NPCs to know their name. A big plus for this
  • Hats remove hairstyle. On females, it's really silly, since they go completely bald.
  • You can't sheath your weapons. Getting bad Neverwinter Nights 2 flashbacks :)
  • Combat was very enjoyable, and the skill I picked worked fine (En Garde).
  • Dialogue overall felt snappy and amusing. I really liked the small icons to indicate what every line means. Like question, statement, haggle, etc.
  • Free-form approach, steal, and kill whoever. Got Gothic vibes.
  • Graphics, while not astounding, I think fit the setting well.
  • No key for walking. But I did notice that you can walk when approaching loot. My gaming autism calls for a dedicated key!
  • Lots of different skills, and stats - I like it!
  • A sweet-looking intro that increases the fantasy mood by 43%

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
Exactly what stones am I supposed to be standing between on the Lonely Shore for the herbalist or is this all some snipe hunt? Or did I not pay attention and I am supposed to be doing this in twilight?
Just the beach where you start the game, at night. If nothing happens email us a save to support@atomrpg.com if you can, we'll see what the problem is.

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
Pledged 20€ godspeed Atomboy
Thanks man! Appreciate it! Did you run the demo?
A madman already pledged 2000€, what a lad
sweatonmybrow.png
Money go brrrr.
That was scary... But welcome!
How much do I have to donate for you to add playable wizards?
Sorry not this time! There might be a way in the full game since there IS some "magic" out there, but you won't start as one.
Some points from playing the demo for an hour or two (what I remember).

• Really like that you have to introduce yourself to NPCs to know their name. A big plus for this
  • Hats remove hairstyle. On females, it's really silly, since they go completely bald.
  • You can't sheath your weapons. Getting bad Neverwinter Nights 2 flashbacks :)
  • Combat was very enjoyable, and the skill I picked worked fine (En Garde).
  • Dialogue overall felt snappy and amusing. I really liked the small icons to indicate what every line means. Like question, statement, haggle, etc.
  • Free-form approach, steal, and kill whoever. Got Gothic vibes.
  • Graphics, while not astounding, I think fit the setting well.
  • No key for walking. But I did notice that you can walk when approaching loot. My gaming autism calls for a dedicated key!
  • Lots of different skills, and stats - I like it!
  • A sweet-looking intro that increases the fantasy mood by 43%
ooh the reviews are coming in! Thanks for typing that out! Naming is an ATOM tradition we always liked! Weļl check the hats, sheathing is part of the reason for this Kickstarter just like animations in general. I wanna have a cool sheathing and carrying anims, so we went with none for the demo, they weren't good enough. I really loathe the way they carry swords now but it will all get a makeover! Really happy the icons paid off. It makes dialogue writing slower, because I have to type stuff like {!} {?} {..} {Bluff} {Intimidation} before lines, but it really helps out. Really surprised on the combat bit, I still have no idea how it will be liked after Atom's but you drove those hopes up! We played Gothic before starting work too, might've rubbed off, player freedom is always really important, this one will also have a world that's totally open. We'll see into walking toggle! You can also walk if you encumber yourself rn.

roguefrog

Liturgist
I'm not interested in playing demos, or early access either AKA I'll be waiting for the release version 1.0 before I ever make a character. I pledged on the basis of BG1 vibes, and how satisfying ATOM RPG was.

One thing I'd like to encourage though is a open world design with as little gating as possible. Even BG1 had gating (The mine, and bandit camps had to be done sequentially, in order to unlock Baldur's Gate itself). I never actually liked this. Fallout did it better. Ultima games maybe even more so...

Can I hope?

Last edited:

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
I'm not interested in playing demos, or early access either AKA I'll be waiting for the release version 1.0 before I ever make a character. I pledged on the basis of BG1 vibes, and how satisfying ATOM RPG was.

One thing I'd like to encourage though is a open world design with as little gating as possible. Even BG1 had gating (The mine, and bandit camps had to be done sequentially, in order to unlock Baldur's Gate itself). I never actually liked this. Fallout did it better. Ultima games maybe even more so...

Can I hope?
Well you're in luck cuz that's a house staple. No level scaling and all locations available from the very start. Even if the location marker is locked behind some quest, you can still find said location by roaming the world map close to it for some reason. There might be an unopenable door here and there, and plenty of negative reviews akin to "well i went to HORRIBLE LAVA LAND with a level 1 character and got killed, please refund" but we'll do our best for complete freedom.

koyota

Cipher
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
Loved what I played of the demo and your other projects, Backed!

Really minor nitpick for Character generation, in case others experience it:
On Ultrawide, The static screen combined with very slow moving up and down background was causing real sea sickness, heh.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Really surprised on the combat bit, I still have no idea how it will be liked after Atom's but you drove those hopes up!
Yeah, felt like a stable and enjoyable TB system. Easy to see and count action points. The UI in general is very nice. The only thing perhaps is that the inventory icons for items are a bit big. I can easily see myself scrolling a lot after collecting stuff. But I'm playing on a standard 1080p screen. Maybe that size is better for larger screens. Otherwise, I think TB fits the fantasy genre like a glove. Easier to "make-belief", than watching people shrug pistol round after pistol round.

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
Loved what I played of the demo and your other projects, Backed!

Really minor nitpick for Character generation, in case others experience it:
On Ultrawide, The static screen combined with very slow moving up and down background was causing real sea sickness, heh.
Thank you! Glad you liked it. Here's where the limitations really pop out, we don't have an Ultrawide at the moment. In fact, I'm a proud owner of an ultra SMALL screen that I don't wanna replace because it has a SCART input for my ps2 thus the other person's problem with big icons. They're just regular icons from the way I see them. Cuz my screen is 15 inches! But if you describe the issue we might fix it. Gonna have to do it eventually any way! What sort of movement are you experiencing?

Really surprised on the combat bit, I still have no idea how it will be liked after Atom's but you drove those hopes up!
Yeah, felt like a stable and enjoyable TB system. Easy to see and count action points. The UI in general is very nice. The only thing perhaps is that the inventory icons for items are a bit big. I can easily see myself scrolling a lot after collecting stuff. But I'm playing on a standard 1080p screen. Maybe that size is better for larger screens. Otherwise, I think TB fits the fantasy genre like a glove. Easier to "make-belief", than watching people shrug pistol round after pistol round.
That's a relief, thanks! We'll be looking into the different monitor sizes\proportions causing issues, and the UI might just get a scaling option down the road. Thanks for the suggestion! We'll be adding real time with pause combat eventually too, but it still needs a lot of tweaking. Hope it will be smooth too.

ds

Cipher
Patron
Here's where the limitations really pop out, we don't have an Ultrawide at the moment.
You don't need an ultrawide monitor to test wider aspect ratios when you can just set some weird sizes with windowed mode. Best is if you make the window resizable so you can just drag the corner and immediately see if everything moves/adjusts size in a sensible way but that requires some upfront effort to handle resize events in the UI. Worth it IMO thought if you want to support arbitrary aspect ratios (which every game should).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom