Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware System Shock 3 by OtherSide Entertainment - taken over by Tencent!

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014

Katana1000S

Angrier OtherSide Refugee
We can kiss this one goodbye, another pack of lies from these thief's, hoods and scum-bags.

Did anyone really think it was going to happen? ... Efe, you are as about as dumb as they come, did you really think this was going to get finished/started?

Be honest now.

What a damn charade its all been.

giphy.gif

JDR13

Arcane
Explain what was good about it?

Explain what was shit about it?

People are predisposed to dislike anything from Otherside after what they did with Ultima Ascendant, and I don't blame them. I think the reception for the trailer would have been more positive had it been another developer.

Eli_Havelock

Learned
Yes, let us pretend the teaser and trailer were totally not yet more mockups to fish for publishers, because we can't know any better by now.

The employee departures juxtaposed to Warren Spector lying out his ass about the health of the company - total coincidence.

Terenty

Liturgist
I just hope they dont cancel it outright and release whatever shit they have so we can laugh at least

Sodafish

Arcane
If there's one sequel announcement that can get me cautiously fapping it's SS3. This despite the bitter cynic realist in me knowing it will likely be dogshit.

Guess I was too optimistic. I thought it might actually get released.

Katana1000S

Explain what was shit about it?

Deflection.

That is not how it works and you know it, you made the positive claim, the burden of proof is on you to provide evidence of this, so ... once again WHAT WAS GOOD ABOUT IT?

Efe

Erudite
He stated his opinion. You made a claim.
Burden of proof is on you.
Now put out or get out

Eli_Havelock

Learned
I never expecting anything to come out of this so i feel nothing.

These old ip revival projects are always a failure

What amazes me is how often people fall for the same shit every time. Sympathy becomes a bit strained about a demographic so held by nostalgia they can be fleeced as a business model; the most amazing part is that the fleeced ENJOY it. Sure, they'll grumble about a failure to deliver on one title, but by the time they've figured out the con along comes the next asshole selling more nostalgic hope and they'll have forgotten any lesson to be learned.

If anyone actually expects a real product then they need to put their money towards the devs who consistently prove themselves relevant to the genre they're delivering in, not those who are selling nostalgia about genres they haven't touched in more than a decade. At least they'll get the genre right, unlike the total cyan clownshoes that was OSE.

Katana1000S

He stated his opinion. You made a claim.
Burden of proof is on you.
Now put out or get out

And now you deflect, comes as no surprise really given your history.

I asked him to back up his claim, he deflected.

You have finaly found an ally, huh Efe/Oaf

Shills of a feather flock together I guess.

Maggot

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
The weapon design in SS3 looked dogshit and everything else the trailer showed was scripted sequences.

Glic2000

Educated
Re: SS3 trailer, I'll bite:

Terri Brosius was excellent as usual. But SHODAN's face looks silly when it's animated. The enemy design looked straight out of generic Dead Space territory. I guess I think SS should be more creepy than gory, and this was trying too hard to be gory.

Animations looked twitchy and janky in a way that might have been intentional, but also just looked low budget. The lighting was also a bit flat and washed-out looking. Weapon effect looked generic and goofy.

Overall not TOO bad but pretty generic in a Half-Life clone meets Dead Space clone sort of way.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom