Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Take Two safe from the evil EA. For now...

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
Not if DRM drives them bankrupt first

But yeah, thank God for that.

LCJr.

Erudite
udm said:
Not if DRM drives them bankrupt first

But yeah, thank God for that.

Madden football made them 133 million in the month of August alone. EA was bragging how Madden made more than any of the movies out in August. I'm afraid they'll be around for quite awhile.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"What was the last good game they published?"

NHL 09. It's awesome. (despite the bugs). And, it came out just last week.

It's predessor, NHL 08, is one fo the best game I ever played as well. *shrug*

Erzherzog

Magister
Volourn said:
"What was the last good game they published?"

NHL 09. It's awesome. (despite the bugs). And, it came out just last week.

It's predessor, NHL 08, is one fo the best game I ever played as well. *shrug*

Is 09 better than 08? The NHL series has had the best sports games on its good years, but has trouble repeating success.

I've heard good things...

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
09 is an awesome game; but currently the net EASHL online thing is a buggy mess. That needs to be fixed before I claim it ni sbetter. Itc ertainly has the features, and gameplay to be, though.

The offline features, and the online stuff from last year are in working order so in that way it definitely is as good if not better.

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
Yeah right, Volourn has defended EA and their games pretty much since he joined this place.Probably earlier too, can't be bothered to try to remember if he did the same back at the old BIS/Interplay boards.

Are there any good publishers left, BTW?

Schauman

Scholar
Take-Two is in deep crapola by 2009. The contract on the Houser brothers expires at Febuary and unless T2 is in the mood to increase their payroll the GTA-twins could easily make a run to anyone willing to pay more.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom