Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Takedown: Red Sabre, aka "Hardcore Tactical Shooter"

Oesophagus

Arcane
So this shit actually got funded? Looks like some people have more money than sense...

Angthoron said:
Well, if nothing else, at least this might teach kickstarter participants to be more careful with their money.

Unlikely. But it does give me an idea. I'm going to kickstart a project called "give me some money and fuck off". The idea is that you give me money and then fuck off. Oh, and there'll be 10 tiers, but you don't get anything, just the more you give, the further away you can fuck off.

Angthoron

Arcane
So this shit actually got funded? Looks like some people have more money than sense...

Angthoron said:
Well, if nothing else, at least this might teach kickstarter participants to be more careful with their money.

Unlikely. But it does give me an idea. I'm going to kickstart a project called "give me some money and fuck off". The idea is that you give me money and then fuck off. Oh, and there'll be 10 tiers, but you don't get anything, just the more you give, the further away you can fuck off.
What will you set as your goal?

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron

Angthoron said:

What will you set as your goal?

The goal should be enough that he could reasonably take the money and tell the rest of the world to fuck off for good.

Oesophagus

Arcane
200 bucks, and we'll see how it goes. If I reach funding, I'll make an annoucement publicly telling all the people who donated to fuck off

Oesophagus

Arcane
Slightly dissapointed. At what reward tier will you name a Kerbal/Rocket after people so they can fuck off to the moon?

You're looking at the 100$ tier, I'm afraid. But as a fellow Codexer I'll let you on a little secret, and advise you to consider the 125$ tier. It's only 25 bucks more, but you can fuck off to any place in the world of your own choosing (travel fees not included), and you also can pick 3 people to fuck off with you. See, I've put some thought into this ;)

Kitako

Arcane
Correct me if I'm wrong, did Notch give money to this scam, and he didn't give anything to W2 or Banner Saga?

Oesophagus

Arcane
Correct me if I'm wrong, did Notch give money to this scam, and he didn't give anything to W2 or Banner Saga?

I think he did pledge some precious to W2, it might even have been something like 5K. Or maybe even 10K, not sure

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron

I think he did pledge some precious to W2, it might even have been something like 5K. Or maybe even 10K, not sure
10k. But the Codex donated 10,323, so fuck him. :smug:

So you're saying that the prestigious delegate the KKKodex sends to the party will get a chance to kick Notch in the balls? do you hear us, DarkUnderlord? It is critical that we accomplish this and film it.

Angthoron

Arcane
Or perhaps one of the resident trannies should seduce him and then publish shocking tranny sex tapes.

Oesophagus

Arcane
Be fair to the man, he did throw 10K at the good cause. So the dex should just send prosper to tell him all about why he needs to implement turd elementals in minecraft

Ringhausen

Augur
I think it's kind of cool how they didn't give up and reached the goal.

And what if they DO find a publisher and make a good game? What then, Codex? What then?

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Well then we'll play it. Doesn't change the fact that the way they went about it so far doesn't exactly inspire confidence and that their chance to succeed is as remote as the chance that Bethesda will actually make human looking humans in their games.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
At least this proves that a successful kickstarter isn't completely dependent on building momentum with a strong first day.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
I think it's kind of cool how they didn't give up and reached the goal.

And what if they DO find a publisher and make a good game? What then, Codex? What then?

If they make a genuinely good game, I'll buy it.
But they have no track record of doing anything but shitty console popamole games, they haven't a tenth of the funding they'll need to make a multiplatform 3d shooter that'll satisfy the consoletard graphixwhoars and they're betting on outside investors to supply the rest of the money to make a game noone is able to find a publisher for because it's seen as unmarketable.

This is about as likely to see release as Grimoire GOTY edition.

Destroid

Arcane
I'm still queasy about the concept of donating to some guy so that other people can invest in said guy for profit.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
At least he sait it himself -- he's marketing the game to people who own guns. Maybe once he fails to deliver we'll have some proper mob justice.

LundB

Mistakes were made.
So wait, does this mean that Notch will get a 9mm ?

Hopefully he'll only get it after the W2 party, otherwise it could make kicking him in the balls a risky proposition for a heroic Codex representative. The Codex would probably get the blame too, due to Notch's reputation (and the aforementioned requirements to ruin it not being met)

Unless we send a black kid. Then Notch would be fucked.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom