Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Takedown: Red Sabre, aka "Hardcore Tactical Shooter"

MapMan

Arcane
Werell, im drunk but whatever happens now, we win. I want to see this game done. Where is bbronert.

Dexter

Arcane
Eh, it's all fine both ways... I guess there needed to be some retarded project at some point people would lose all their money to, might as well be this early on, hopefully it'll be some kind of lesson to some of those people to be less gullible next time xD

Stinger

Arcane
No publisher will ever accept this, it'll cause lots of internet drama when people realise it's more or less become an elaborate scam and it'll sully any reputation kickstarter may have built up.

Then Chris Avellone will setup a kickstarter for a Tormentesque game and barely anyone will fund it.

:x

Capo

Novice
Why do you give a fuck?

If it fails than you lose nothing, if it succeeds (lol) than you get a game that may interest you.....or probably not, either way you lose nothing. Angry that people are wasting their money on stupid shit? News at 11, where you born yesterday or something?

Stabwound

Arcane
Why the fuck would you pay $7500 for anyone just to host you a LAN party?

Retarded.
It wasn't just anyone, either. It was apparently the lead designer of the Call of Duty games, the antithesis of what this Hardcore Plagiarizing Shooter was supposed to be about. It would be like David Gaider donating to Wasteland 2.

likaq

Arcane
No publisher will ever accept this, it'll cause lots of internet drama when people realise it's more or less become an elaborate scam and it'll sully any reputation kickstarter may have built up.

Then Chris Avellone will setup a kickstarter for a Tormentesque game and barely anyone will fund it.

This.

Dexter

Arcane
Why the fuck would you pay $7500 for anyone just to host you a LAN party?

Retarded.
It wasn't just anyone, either. It was apparently the lead designer of the Call of Duty games, the antithesis of what this Hardcore Plagiarizing Shooter was supposed to be about. It would be like David Gaider donating to Wasteland 2.
Robert Bowling wasn't a "lead designer" for anything, he was their Community Manager and resident dancing monkey, and if you've ever seen him appear on any show or online interview you could already tell he's a giant idiot fitting right in with the CoD crowd xD He apparently also resigned like a month ago.
It would be more like Stanrey Roo donating to anything.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Man, good thing I unpledged long ago. Still, will be interesting to see the butthurt when he fails to deliver.

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Also most likely MCA and Obsidian launch their Kickstarter before the shit hits the fan on this one. I almost considered kicking in $15 for access to the eventual rage on the private discussion forum.
:avatard: oh gawd its haeven

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Also most likely MCA and Obsidian launch their Kickstarter before the shit hits the fan on this one. I almost considered kicking in $15 for access to the eventual rage on the private discussion forum.
:avatard: oh gawd its haeven

Hmm.

Did anybody actually pledge money to this? We need a spy, folks.

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
I am very disappointed at what this could mean

Look at it this way:

- If it gets made and is a shitty game, we get a good laugh
- If it never gets made and gullible people lose their money, we get a good laugh

The only real consolation in my mind is that this guy's reputation will be damaged far more than kickstarter's if he does anything short of positive expectations. The kickstarter drama (I'll be surprised if there is none) will follow him in all his future jobs and interviews, so if he fails to deliver anything we can at least expect he will be quite unemployable

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
I guess he could always go suck Notch's cock for jewgoldz. That guy seems desperate to build himself a reputation as an eccentric videogame philantophist.

Kz3r0

Arcane
I guess he could always go suck Notch's cock for jewgoldz. That guy seems desperate to build himself a reputation as an eccentric videogame philantophist.
Let's hope that this will kill his reputation then.

Multi-headed Cow

It won't. At this point the only record of Notch's support is a tweet, and the memories of however many of the Minecraft brigade who supported the Kickstarter because of it. At this point Notch just has to take a vacation, and by the time he gets back he has two options. If the game was successful he can point to his tweet and say "Yup, I supported that" and get brofists. If it wasn't, the memory will fade and he can keep bork bork borking.

Only thing that could kill Notch's reputation at this point in being caught fucking a little boy or something. There's already a goodly amount of evidence that he's fucking terrible at making games (Previous game history and work through Minecraft, what he did during the "Mojam" (Shoot other Mojang employees with nerf guns, dick around, cover camera with hat when he was supposedly working so there was no video evidence of him leaving and eating all the pies)) and some possible evidence of being a deranged drama queen (The shit with claiming those youtube guys were assholes to a kid when it appears they weren't, but not paying them or covering airfare/hotels for them while he requested them to attend his convention, and was charging people money to attend. Plus his stated goal of making Mojang the "Most influential" indie gaming company. Yes, influence).
Yessir, the only thing that'll bring Notch down is being balls-deep in a crying 5 year old while holding a sign that says "IT'S ME, NOTCH" as swear pours down his quivering jowls.

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
Yessir, the only thing that'll bring Notch down is being balls-deep in a crying 5 year old while holding a sign that says "IT'S ME, NOTCH" as swear pours down his quivering jowls.

Loled so fucking hard at this :lol:

And then all Notch has to do is to say "Awww you poor dear, come over here", and all will be right and sunshine for him again. :x

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Or implement romances in minecraft and take so much jewgold from the biowEAr crowd he can afford to rewrite history to suit his liking.

Besides, isn't pedophilia legal in Sweden? I mean, given the percentage of the swedish population that are muslim immigrants by now, I'm fairly certain not wearing a burqua constitutes as consent if you have an anus.

circ

Arcane

Angthoron

Arcane
Well, if nothing else, at least this might teach kickstarter participants to be more careful with their money.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom