Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Information Telepath Tactics Kickstarter: Video Q&A, Last Stretch Goals and 42 Hours Left

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The game looks promising, and I liked Telepath RPG, so I backed, even though I still disagree about your stance on randomness ;) . The pixel art makes the game look much better.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
That's a nice result.
I did not back this because T:ToN and D:OS have left me impoverished and I have to be realistic about my free time (90% chance I wouldn't be able to play Telepath Tactics anyway), but I'm glad the campaign was that successful. :)

Elthosian

Arcane
Hell yeah, congrats Craig! Can't wait to get my hands on the early access version of the game :love:

Craig Stern

Sinister Design
Developer
Much appreciated, guys.

By the way: I just added equipment into the game last night. I'm not sure how much the main campaign is going to use it, but the engine now supports items equipped to the weapon hand, off hand, head, neck, back, torso, and feet, plus a miscellaneous accessory slot.

Craig Stern

Sinister Design
Developer
It could be, but the main campaign is planned to be a fairly focused affair--I don't want to bog down the proceedings too much with fiddly inventory management. I expect I'll use maybe three or four types of equipment at most (say: weapon hand, off hand, torso and accessory). The rest will stay in there for the modders. :)

deamento

Scholar
oh goodie, that reminds me, what exactly can you do with the modding tools? new maps? new classes? seperate campaigns?

Craig Stern

Sinister Design
Developer
Yes, yes, and yes! You can also mod in new attacks, items, destructible objects, tilesets, dialog, character graphics, and so on. Pretty much everything in the game can be altered.

Repressed Homosexual
I've been pretty burned by the emotional engagement and other such Japanese game tropes in the latest Fire Emblem.

I hope your game will take the tactical game mechanics of this franchise, but not all the cringe worthy aspects.

Craig Stern

Sinister Design
Developer
I've been pretty burned by the emotional engagement and other such Japanese game tropes in the latest Fire Emblem.

I hope your game will take the tactical game mechanics of this franchise, but not all the cringe worthy aspects.

I'm skipping the support / romance systems and instead focusing on interesting combat mechanics. To the extent that there's player-controlled character development, it'll be primarily through branching dialog (and possibly some alternative battle objectives).

visions

Arcane
The demo crashed on me when I got the healer chick injured in the weapons depot fight. First I got what I assume to be her standard response when permanently injured (saying she should have had stayed on the farm), then I got another message along the lines of "The player should not see this something something", after which the game crashed and I had to close it with task manager.

Thanks for the bug report; I'll look into that!

Tried the weapons depot fight again. This time no one from my side fell, but when I killed the enemy leader I ran into a similar problem. First I saw his death line, then I saw the familiar "player should not see this" message. His model remained in place, showing negative hitpoints. I could still choose my fighters but the buttons in the first row in their actions menu had vanished (combat action buttons in the second row didn't vanish). I could end my turn and the AI would pass its without doing anything. Was able to quit the game normally this time though.

I'm on 32 bit XP if it makes any difference.

Craig Stern

Sinister Design
Developer
Thanks for the report. I haven't been able to replicate this just yet, but I'll definitely keep an eye open going forward.

visions

Arcane
Tried again, this time I was able to defeat the bandit leader without getting the bug. Difference between this and the last time is that last time I killed him with an attack on my turn, this time he drowned at the start of his own turn. No idea whether it's relevant.

Craig Stern

Sinister Design
Developer
Quick heads-up: I updated the demo with a bunch of bug fixes last night, including a few which would freeze the game under certain circumstances. To update your install, just download the updated demo, run it, and hit Replace.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom