Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Temple+ Support archive

Discussion in 'ToEE Modding' started by gazra, May 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sitra Achara Arcane Patron

Sitra Achara
    Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
    Yeah, I just caught the same bug with vanilla installations. The crash is caused due to running the game with "usingCo8=true" when it isn't. I've fixed this internally, building again now...

It's also supposed to create a shortcut folder ("Temple+") in the start menu, which should contain Temple+ and the Configurator. Could you try uninstalling (via the control panel) and trying again?

Edit: Alright, built.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2016
    ^ Top  
  2. Sitra Achara Arcane Patron

Sitra Achara
    ^ Top  
  3. Heinous Hat Scholar

Heinous Hat
    Found the start folder and shortcuts. There's no entry in Control Panel -> Program and Features though.

Uninstalling manually and trying the new build...

EDIT: Scratch that... there is an entry in Control Panel, but the installation date is 1/2/2016, so it gets buried.

^ Top  
  4. Heinous Hat Scholar

Heinous Hat
    That's better, up and running :)

The configuration settings I entered from the initial run didn't take... had to exit, run the configurator to reset the resolution and restart to change res from default.

^ Top  
  5. Sitra Achara Arcane Patron

Sitra Achara
    Chalking it up to some edge case since it works fine here... I think it's time to kick this thing out the door!

^ Top  
  6. Heinous Hat Scholar

Heinous Hat
    Well that's nifty that it runs remotely :obviously:

I'll keep trying to break it, uninstall/reinstall on a co8 8.1 installation, etc.

^ Top  
  7. Heinous Hat Scholar

Heinous Hat
    Uninstalled via control panel and reinstalled, pointing this time to a co8 8.1.0 NC setup. Works just fine, with a few notes...

- The uninstaller left behind a few remnants, namely update.exe and a .dead file in ..\AppData\Local\TemplePlus as well as the log and ini over in the save game folder. I deleted these before reinstalling.

- Same thing happened where I had to exit the game and re-run the config in order to get a custom resolution set

- In the configurator, you might want to pad the space between the last option and the 'launch' button a little. I bump system fonts up a couple of pts (but not dpi scaling) for legibility. Don't know how common that is, but it looks like this...

[​IMG]

- The beautiful splash screen art whizzes by in a millisecond ;)

That's it for now... looking good. Not touching the installation directory is pretty smart and should save you some support headaches, I would imagine. Can you redirect temple+ save games to the user folder as well?

^ Top  
  8. Sitra Achara Arcane Patron

Sitra Achara
    Yeah, that's good practice, though IIRC only the ini file has any bearing.

Is this only for resolution? Do the other configs also behave the same, like Point Boy / Windowed mode?
    I think it might be the Temple+ "first run" behavior at work, which causes a reset to desktop resolution on the first run.

Hehe yeah, I think I'll add it to the Configurator itself so people can actually enjoy it. Could use a visual overhaul in general as you point out...

Possibly, but we'll have to be careful to also search for saves in the usual place. It might also mix up saves from different ToEE installations (Vanilla / KotB / Co8 etc.), so we have to mind that.

BTW, you should probably remove tpdata from your ToEE installation folder. It might prevent future updates from having an effect.

^ Top  
  9. Heinous Hat Scholar

Heinous Hat
    Meant to check that but forgot (both times :)). Will do.

I did clean up all temple+ related things first.

^ Top  
  10. Sitra Achara Arcane Patron

Sitra Achara
    Yeah, just checked and it applies only to the resolution. I didn't notice because whenever I changed the resolution, I also happened to change it to Windowed Mode as well, which prevented the "set to desktop resoultion on first run" behavior from activating. Oh well, will fix.

^ Top  
  11. Pugmeister Educated Patron

Pugmeister
    It might automatically delete these on a restart. So it might not be a cleanup issue.

What version of Windows is that on? Those buttons looks kinda strange as does the window title bar.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. Heinous Hat Scholar

Heinous Hat
    It's Win7, but with a customized Aero theme (explorer frames, buttons, etc). It actually looks much better than in that cropped screenshot. Didn't notice the buttons, but you're right... they look like the win7 basic theme style instead of the Aero buttons.

The text cutoff in the bottom line went away for me at some point... reinstalling, running multiple times, entering values... not certain. I can recreate it by bumping the font size up 1pt though, which is why I mentioned it might be a little tight in some odd cases.

^ Top  
  13. Booger Educated

Booger
    Am I the only one who can't get this to work at all?

When I launch Temple+, I see it in the task manager for a brief moment, and then it just disappears.

It doesn't create a log file, but here's the .ini it creates:

[TemplePlus]
    toeeDir=D:\GOG Games\Temple of Elemental Evil
    autoUpdate=true
    hpOnLevelup=normal
    pointBuyPoints=25
    renderWidth=1920
    renderHeight=1080
    windowed=false
    windowWidth=1920
    windowHeight=1080
    softShadows=false
    maxLevel=20
    usingCo8=false

I'm using Win10 64bit, i5, gtx960, nothing extraordinary. Tried running as admin, windowed, no autoupdate etc. Sorry I'd submit an issue to github but I can't really provide any meaningful data. Might try to debug this myself later.

^ Top  
  14. Booger Educated

Booger
    Nevermind, it's just goddamn Bitdefender silently blocking the crap out of it. Works fine now!

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. Sitra Achara Arcane Patron

Sitra Achara
    I have Bitdefender too, so it may just be a matter of updating the database. Added to OP.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2016
    ^ Top  
  16. Sitra Achara Arcane Patron

Sitra Achara
    Also, first update is out fixing a few things. Run your game and let it download & install (you should see a status indication in the bottom right corner).

BTW, Heinous Hat check the config utility ;)

^ Top  
  17. Heinous Hat Scholar

Heinous Hat
    Hey, you killed 2 birds with one stone... the pretty picture cleverly pads out the window height :D

The update went off without a hitch. My first thought was that it might be better to put an update button in the config tool with a notifier, but then, of course, you get people missing or lagging on updates (which are high frequency). So this is good.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. Heinous Hat Scholar

Heinous Hat
    Save and logs uploaded for a crash when casting Summon Monster (v1.0.2)

To reproduce, cast Summon Monster I with the wizard (it's his turn). There's already a summoned creature present and a few active area spells (desecrate vs consecrate, silence). Playing around with it to see if there's some troublesome combination or order. The war dog that's already there is an instance of Summon Monster II.

This is during the Skeleton Priest encounter at Rainbow Rock.

Edit: Also, Ready vs Spell doesn't seem to be working... try it with the same save. Selecting RvSp with a ranged character has no effect when the skeleton priest casts a spell.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2016
    ^ Top  
  19. Sitra Achara Arcane Patron

Sitra Achara
    Thanks, fixed in 1.0.3. (unsurprisingly, both issues were related...)

^ Top  
  20. Heinous Hat Scholar

Heinous Hat
    Yup, all working well now.

Sitra, you mentioned a little while ago that you had improved the tooltip for fear based character conditions (where it simply shows afraid, instead of shaken, frightened or panicked). I don't see this being any different though. I'm looking at the hover tooltip when you mouse over a PC or creature... haven't gotten around yet to checking the little status pips on the character portraits.

^ Top  
  21. Sitra Achara Arcane Patron

Sitra Achara
    You really should, because that's where I put it ;) It also contains more information in general, like remaining duration.

But yeah, I'll add it to the character hover tooltip as well.

Edit: Done.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2016
    ^ Top  
  22. Heinous Hat Scholar

Heinous Hat
    Ahah, there it is. I sometimes forget to experiment on my own party :)

Another question: I was looking at Armor Oil, to see what it's limitations were and whether it was working correctly. Apparently, you can use it on shields (which seems a stretch). I can't find that item mentioned anywhere in the SRD or the 3.5 rulebooks. Is that a ToEE special? Not a big deal either way, just a curiosity.

^ Top  
  23. Sitra Achara Arcane Patron

Sitra Achara
    No idea, it was added by Co8, possibly a KotB carryover.

^ Top  
  24. Heinous Hat Scholar

Heinous Hat
    That would make sense. KotB has alchemy and Ted's were the only posts I could find mentioning bugs and such with it.

^ Top  
  25. Rifte Novice

Rifte
    Constantly crashing when I try to run this with CoE 8.1.0.

Temple.ini file is like :

[TemplePlus]

NPCsLevelLikePCs=true

additionalTioPaths=

antialiasing=true

autoUpdate=true

debugMessageEnable=true

debugPartSys=false

defaultModule=ToEE

featPrereqWarnings=false

hpOnLevelup=normal

lockCursor=true

maxLevel=10

maxPCs=5

maxPCsFlexible=true

newFeatureTestMode=true

noSound=false

pathfindingDebugMode=false

pointBuyPoints=25

renderHeight=1080

renderWidth=1920

screenshotQuality=80

sectorCacheSize=128

showExactHPforNPCs=false

skipIntro=true

skipLegal=true

softShadows=false

spellAlreadyKnownWarnings=false

toeeDir=F:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Temple of Elemental Evil

windowHeight=1080

windowWidth=1920

windowed=false

I have multiple dmp files, would it be possible to email them to someone to have a look at?

Thanks

^ Top  
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.