Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Temple+ Support archive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I am using temple+ 1.0.84. I sent an email with some "bugs" (using Co8.1.1 new content) before I applied for member status. I like the game but in the little bit I saw, I needed to say something and you are looking at it so this is to see if you are looking at it. I don't want to spoil anything but I really could use the "rudy mods" at times...Then again, I am starting over and enjoy it.
Why aren't you using the rudy mods, then? They should be compatible afaik.

messedup

Novice
I am using temple+ 1.0.84. I have noticed a couple of times that when I am walking on the overland map, I get into a fight. Then I go back to where I started from after the fight (I don't save after the fights on the overland map). The trail given doesn't start at the site on the overland map. Then the program freezes and I need to do the control-alt-delete to end the program. I am using the latest windows 10 (new computer). I have the most up-to-date graphics software. It is really annoying when you get the swamp lotus and have to do it again.

messedup

Novice
I am using temple+ 1.0.84. I have noticed a couple of times that when I am walking on the overland map, I get into a fight. Then I go back to where I started from after the fight (I don't save after the fights on the overland map). The trail given doesn't start at the site on the overland map. Then the program freezes and I need to do the control-alt-delete to end the program. I am using the latest windows 10 (new computer). I have the most up-to-date graphics software. It is really annoying when you get the swamp lotus and have to do it again.

I have done some more experimenting when I found the swamp lotus. I went back and it didn't start where I got the swamp lotus.
I then went to the end and back and no fail on the cure Amii quest.
I have saved it for you now so you can see. I just don't know how to post the saved files.

Fixed 1.0.85

Last edited by a moderator:

messedup

Novice
I am using Temple+ 1.0.84 with Co8 8.1.0 New Content. I have just taken out the water temple...I have noticed a couple of things that may or may not be bugs...

1) I took killed Belsornig and it says his hit points are -26...Instead of the usual -10...
2) The juggernaut is over the octopus seal in the water temple due to redistribution, but when I cast an ice storm or something walks near it, it moves out to its position prior to redistribution (outside the water temple). I have done this one a couple of times to see that it happens more than just the once. Fixed for 1.0.85

messedup

Novice
I am using Temple+ 1.0.84 with Co8 8.1.0 New Content. I have done the water temple fight a few times to see if the problem persists and it does. I throw my ice storm (from the door or the wall opposite the door) and when the ice storm starts, the Juggernaut goes to the outside room (where you fight it in the vanilla game).

Fixed for 1.0.85

Mathalor

Educated
Remove fear (bard) doesn't work when cast preemptively or reactivly on other characters as . No spell tag is created on the character portrait, and incoming/existing fear is not suppressed. Tested against groaning spirit world map random encounter. Bard was level 4 and cast it on an elf rogue and a human cleric before and after the fear attack.
Fixed 1.0.85

Farming world map random encounters can lead to a freeze where you can hover over map objects but your party never enters their destination. I can't find a way to exit the game except force quit; I cannot enter the game menu on the world map screen and the red x and the exit program command reached by right-clicking the toee taskbar icon each produce no results. Maybe this existed in vanilla; I usually restarted in vanilla when the cloak effects bugged out.
Fixed 1.0.85

Touch of fatigue doesn't allow a saving throw as it should, only an attack roll. It also allows the caster to move, attack, and move again without feats.
Fixed 1.0.85 (the first part at least)

temple plus 1.0.84 ,windows 10, low end pc. mods: co8, rudy's items/spells, portrait packs

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Remove fear (bard) doesn't work when cast preemptively or reactivly on other characters as . No spell tag is created on the character portrait, and incoming/existing fear is not suppressed. Tested against groaning spirit world map random encounter. Bard was level 4 and cast it on an elf rogue and a human cleric before and after the fear attack.

Farming world map random encounters can lead to a freeze where you can hover over map objects but your party never enters their destination. I can't find a way to exit the game except force quit; I cannot enter the game menu on the world map screen and the red x and the exit program command reached by right-clicking the toee taskbar icon each produce no results. Maybe this existed in vanilla; I usually restarted in vanilla when the cloak effects bugged out.

Touch of fatigue doesn't allow a saving throw as it should, only an attack roll. It also allows the caster to move, attack, and move again without feats.

temple plus 1.0.84 ,windows 10, low end pc. mods: co8, rudy's items/spells, portrait packs
The Remove Fear bug is known and fixed in next version.

About RE maps: have you changed your resolution by any chance? That can cause it.
Otherwise, can you send me the savegame where that happens?

Mathalor

Educated
I travel back and forth between emridy meadows and welkwood bog until I find an encounter I want or a bug happens. The world map freeze happens in windowed mode, I haven't run into it again since I switched to fullscreen, where I run into the clothing effects bug.

I can still send a save file if you want.

I don't know if the resolution was changed, I had this installed from a two years ago, ran the updates and started playing. It sounds likely if that's known to cause it.

Last edited:

Sitra Achara

Arcane
I travel back and forth between emridy meadows and welkwood bog until I find an encounter I want or a bug happens. The world map freeze happens in windowed mode, I haven't run into it again since I switched to fullscreen, where I run into the clothing effects bug.

I can still send a save file if you want.

I don't know if the resolution was changed, I had this installed from a two years ago, ran the updates and started playing. It sounds likely if that's known to cause it.
A save demonstrating the problem would be very helpful, yes.

messedup

Novice
This is probably going to be a "who cares" post but I feel I have to post it. I started temple+ after getting a new computer. It would overheat my old computer. This computer doesn't have that problem. I had characters from Co8 8.1.0 new content with Rudy's mods. When I started temple+, the Rudy's mods went away but after asking about it, I reinstalled them. Now I looked under the help menu and noticed under the wizard level 0 spells a spell called "touch of fatigue". It is not showing up under my level 0 spells. When I reinstalled the Rudy's mods, all that came back. I don't see a need for me to use the spell but I have to ask, is it in the game or just listed in the help menu???

messedup

Novice
I just redid the combat with Feldrin. This time, I killed him before his lieutenant. With others that were in the fight and after killing Feldrin, the battle just ended with everyone going to where they started. Is this supposed to happen?
Fixed v1.0.85

Thomas Evans

Novice
I started a new game 1.0.84, NG party. When I hit Begin Adventuring, it goes straight to the vignette ignoring the introduction pages and the shop. Only one PC even has a weapon (because of weapon specialization) and the cleric's starting spells are, naturally, useless.

So I went to GOG, did a verify/repair.
Then I re-installed Co8.
Then I re-installed Temple+.
Then I tried again with the same result.

Okay, try again harder.

I uninstall ToEE, Co8, Temple+, portrait packs (not in that order)
I install GOG ToEE
I power down computer; wait 6 seconds; power back up.
I install Co8
I install Temple+ 1.0.84

Same result. Win7.
I am thinking a prereq somewhere got broken, but I am unsure what. Any suggestions?

Thomas Evans

Novice
Hm. No, but it shows as active. Running "Reactivate".
Shop Map!

Thank you. No idea what got knocked loose, but it seems to be fixed.

Sitra Achara

Arcane
I'm afraid the files got lost in the shuffle... do you still have them perchance?

Mm.. It could be this save, since it's dated as my last post. I just checked it and it crashes quite consistently.
https://mega.nz/folder/fFcjVAqT#0IXAmxRlkwyaBhjwjj6LtA
Thanks. It's a known crash bug that funnily enough occurs due to wearing Prince Thrommel's armor on dwarves. I've already added a safeguard against that since then. If it's still relevant to salvage that save, try loading it and un-equipping the armor.

Sitra Achara

Arcane
I am using Temple+ 1.0.84 with Co8 8.1.0 New Content. I have done the water temple fight a few times to see if the problem persists and it does. I throw my ice storm (from the door or the wall opposite the door) and when the ice storm starts, the Juggernaut goes to the outside room (where you fight it in the vanilla game).
Finally figured this one out. I couldn't replicate the issue since it only occurs at resolution 1920x1080 and above, which is roughly the threshold where the old statue is within Belsornig's view (I usually run in windowed mode for debugging stuff). Should be easy to fix, thanks for reporting!

Dr. Bak

Novice
Mm.. It could be this save, since it's dated as my last post. I just checked it and it crashes quite consistently.
Thanks. It's a known crash bug that funnily enough occurs due to wearing Prince Thrommel's armor on dwarves. I've already added a safeguard against that since then. If it's still relevant to salvage that save, try loading it and un-equipping the armor.

I see, removing the armor helps a lot. Still, the game crashes when I try to reach the upper floor of the tower in east Hommlet.

Sitra Achara

Arcane

I see, removing the armor helps a lot. Still, the game crashes when I try to reach the upper floor of the tower in east Hommlet.
Now that's a strange one. It's related to Burne's inventory - for some reason it's all null.
Do you happen to know if there was any history with Burne, such as taking him on an adventure?
I guess I can fix the crash itself by treating the symptom, but I'd like to know how that came to be in the first place...

Sitra Achara

Arcane
- fight defensively, combat expertise and reckless offense can be switched on and off even after attacking
For fight defensively and combat expertise at least, the effect should still apply even after you switch it off (there's code that explicitly handles this). Are you saying it doesn't?
Reckless Offense I'm not sure about.

Dr. Bak

Novice
- fight defensively, combat expertise and reckless offense can be switched on and off even after attacking
For fight defensively and combat expertise at least, the effect should still apply even after you switch it off (there's code that explicitly handles this). Are you saying it doesn't?
Reckless Offense I'm not sure about.
Yes, at least that's what I see in the roll history. I can make a full attack or a standard attack, then either switch on or off the feats and I can change the effects during the opponent's round. I checked power attack while I was at it and it's affected as well.
In order to keep acting after an attack I changed these preferences in-game:
End Turn with Time Remaining -> never
End turn after Default Action -> disabled

Status
Not open for further replies.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom