Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Tenderfoot Tactics - tactical RPG where you manipulate simulated nature

urmom

Learned
I've been playing this. It's okay. I'm not sure what faction rep does yet other than unlock some gear that may or may not be useful. One of the towns got taken over by an evil tree. Not sure what's up with that. I haven't been able to beat any of the 3-wave battles yet. The third wave always gets me.

urmom

Learned
I was leveling up to beat the harder battles, but there is level scaling everywhere. Kind of killed my interest in the game sadly.

urmom

Learned
Yeah, I'm stuck now because the big battles are hard and I cannae git gud.

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
Just make big damage on large area, I think archers have this passive which increases all damages dealt by the character by 5 for all his unspent points or something which gets very strong when you don't waste points on anything but that passive and one skill which targets a large area. I think I eventually had 2 such characters, one lich (the most fun class if you wonder what advanced classes are worth it) and two quite useless characters probably with some high HP class or something. Sometimes a wave of enemy appears and there's not much you can do before they kill your characters but overall you should not have many problems.

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Finally got around to giving this a shot. Not really what I expected.

Neutral:
- It is very nonlinear. Map is ultra shit, you just go somewhere, beat random shit up, sometimes accidentally gain a bit of story.
- The rules of the game feel dreamy and fuzzy. Sometimes stuff happens and I am not entirely sure why.
- These two points should be negative, but in combination with the art style they give the game a trippy vibe that also brings something good to the table.

Bad:
- Terrain for a fight is generated randomly on start of the fight. Reloading means new terrain
- Some terrain is plain unfun. I never want to fight on a map again that is 90% water.
- You level quite slowly. It feels grindy.
- There are a lot of trash mob fights which don't mean anything, but you should still do for loot and xp.'
- UI is slow and clunky
- Very rudimentary itemisation apart from the good class system, overall mediocre customisation
- Due to the amount of combat and the slow speed the game feels too combat heavy.

Good:
- Classic Final Fantasy Tactics combat
- Classic Final Fantasy Tactics Job system
- Some unusual and spicy abilities to mix it up
- Some equipable items have strange effects
- Difficulty is quite high
- Enjoyable atmosphere

Good enough to not refund it, I am unsure if I would buy it again knowing this however.
Weird game, only worth it if you dig the ethereal style to graphics and gameplay.
Dark Crystal : Age of Resistance Tactics was more fun as far as janky FFT clones go.
Obviously worse than the three genuinly good Western FFT clones in Voidspire Tactics, Fae Tactics and Fell Seal.
If you havn't played any of the three above skip this and play those.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom