Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Text C&C fantasy game - Rise and Fall of Civilization

Remember the C&C game I promissed? Well, this is it. Its a Age of Wonders-inspired fantasy game where you start with a tribe of one of the many fastastic races and try to lead your people to glory. But first... I need a map of a different version of Earth. So I decided to get some from a site.
Here are the contenders:

A) Turnovia

B) Shiveria

C) Seapole

Anybody can suggest another if you find one with a good, detailed map and with enough info for me to work, and I'll edit the first post and put it here. It has to look at least a bit like Earth.

Be mindful of what the map you choose might mean. A hotter earth might be bad for the races of the colder lands and good for the jungle dwellers. A cold world might be very good for races of the cold lands, and doom the races from the hotter lands into having to constantly fight against enemies better adapted to survive. Extreme worlds might be very good for races that would't care about weather (like say, freakin' Undead) A hot world full of water might mean constant invasions from eldritch abyss dwellers. A world full of mountains will favor the underground races. A volcanic world might be tempting for daemoniac invaders or creatures from parallel realities and a propensity for volcanic worlds.

I've haven't elaborated all the races yet, but so far I can confirm:
Small, stocky ice nomads with mystical powers.
Tall, tundra people with IMMENSELY RIDICULOUS magical powers and short-lived lifes.
Brutish giants with incredible architetural skills
Otherwordly beings of Pure Order that can even make reality more ordely around them, and mess up magic
Big, inteligent slaver birds
Psionic Rats from the underworld
Tropical sentient Sauroids
A race of tall and black seapeoples from the jungle
Strange sentient bugs
The Undead (not playable from the beginning, sorry)
Underground albino men

So choose wisely.
And others may appear during the creation process, or during the game. So be mindful of the map choice.

ElectricOtter

Seapole looks the most interesting, IMO.

Also, albino underground people will rule with a PASTY WHITE FIST

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
B -- Shiveria

The underground rat empire awaits its finest psions to merge into a hive mind!
GameSpot_4.jpg

Codexers, it ins't time for race choosing yet! Soon (tomorrow, or after tomorrow) I'll post the big race post where you can see all the races in their glory and choose wisely. Not ALL of them, though, many races will be only found and understood though in-game exploration, specially the ones in hidden places or other continents.

This night is probrably the night where I'll post some game concepts, nothing complicated.

For now, choose world wisely.

Obs: If most races seem a bit strange or weird, its just me trying to escape the classic Tolken-AOW race mold. Its a good mold, but so over-used its annoying.

Re: Text C&C fantasy game - Rise and Fall of Civilizatio

Quite an interesting read there.

I say use Shiveria. The landscapes that have formed under the oceans are fascinating. They'd also give the world a different look.

The Brazilian Slaughter said:
Psionic Rats from the underworld

:incline: Mantouk approves

praetor

Arcane
another vote for Shiveria. good luck with this endeavor and may it reach the heights set by the Barbarian

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Soon the world will fear Codexia, the Menace from Below!

skavwiz.jpg

A vote for the rats. I am spraying the musk of anticipation for this LP.

Nickless

Educated
Because civilised orgres interests me more than 40k rats, I'll change my vote to The Enaquin

ElectricOtter

Voting Borgan. The nations will fear the unstable nord peoples!

Conkrete Knight

Educated
The Brazilian Slaughter said:
Hope you all liked those races. I put a lot of detail on them and tried to stray from common stereotypes.

Oh yes, they are great :D

Allthough those rats give me nostalgic memories of planescape torment :(

Conkrete Knight

Educated
AB
Our supplies will last long enough.
Kill, Fight, Destroy, later.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom