Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate The Baldur's Gate Series Thread

rojay

Scholar

(I'm still grating at being called an oldfag recently, so I suppose that makes you a newfag)
As long as you keep posting about games and actually know what you're talking about you can call yourself whatever variety of fag you like, as far as I'm concerned.

Spike

Educated
I started BG 1 and I just arrived at Nashkel because these evil assholes in my party INSIST on it. Loving this kino obviously (except the BROKEN AI-pathing) but I don't have to worry too much about this time limit, right? I picked up a bunch of quests and Xzar already complained twice, I figure three time's the charm and he will dip if I don't get there before he complains again. So I have enough time for all my other quests from Chapter 1 while I take care of this needy duo correct? (Chapter 2 starts as soon as you enter Nashkel)

EDIT: To be clear, I want to do their quest (Xzar and Morion) basically ASAP so they stop bitching, and then go back to finish the other ones I picked up from Chapter 1. I still have a good deal to explore in the Chapter 1 areas. I am sure this is really taking some of you back!

Most codexers play BG regularly, so not really taking most people back. You just need to talk to hte mayor with Xzar/Montaron or Khalid & Jaheira. If you've got all of them in your party, I believe he only acknowleges Jaheira but it will still 'meet the requirements' with Xzar and Montaron.

It's Kivan you have to manage properly. But I never had him in my party so memory is a bit hazy. I think you have to do what he wants asap though. So find the thing (spoiler) ASAP.
Ha, that's a good point, forgot where I'm at for a second. But I meant moreso asking a question like that, it's like if someone asked me about the new londo ruins in dark souls or something. Appreciate the tip about Kivan! I will certainly be on the lookout for that.

No probs. If you're a newfag (I'm still grating at being called an oldfag recently, so I suppose that makes you a newfag) then you might want to pick up Kagain in Beregost. He also has a easy quest to fulfill, and I'll leave it to you to find out why he's a fantastic fighter.
Do not let that grate on you, wear it like a badge of honor. Just don't get carried away! And awesome, will do. Melee is always the best so I certainly will pick up Kagain after I drop these evil-aligned clowns off.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom