Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News The Banner Saga Released on GOG

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Tags: Stoic; The Banner Saga

Steam haters can now buy Stoic's turn-based Viking-themed strategy game The Banner Saga on GOG.com.

What's cool about it:
  • An epic Viking saga brought to life in 2D glory – beautifully hand drawn combat sequences and animations, accompanied by an evocative score from Grammy-nominated composer Austin Wintory, will immerse you into a fantasy realm inspired by Norse mythology.
  • Over 25 playable characters from 2 different races, human and varl, the horned giants – embark on your epic journey with a variety of characters from 7 different classes, each with unique abilities and upgrade options to fit your play style.
  • Strategic combat with consequences - victory or defeat and even the permanent loss of a character depends on which characters you choose to take into battle and what decisions you make afterwards.
  • The journey is as important as battle – your role in building and managing your caravan as you travel the vast frozen landscape is critical to not only your own survival but the survival of an entire civilization.

At the moment the price is $22.49 (10% off the regular price).

Last edited by a moderator:

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
The best offer the game had was on GamersGate where you could get 20% back(like 5 euros) in blue coins so you could get another game.
Still didnt get it yet, turn based and all but it looks like anime tablet game. Surely gonna be available on iOS for 4.99 next month or something.

Dickie

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The best offer the game had was on GamersGate where you could get 20% back(like 5 euros) in blue coins so you could get another game.
Still didnt get it yet, turn based and all but it looks like anime tablet game. Surely gonna be available on iOS for 4.99 next month or something.
I bought it for $25, and I have to say your impressions are spot on. I wish I had waited for a tablet release. It's not really a very good game, but it's good by tablet standards.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom