Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter The Banner Saga

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I like what I see (the art style is gorgeous :graphicswhore:), although it is a little confusing who is saying what in the dialogs. They should be showing the person currently speaking. Other than that :thumbsup: .

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Part 2, a good combat scene. Main characters special skill seem a bit overpowered to me :) Probably an "instakill "if you corner some enemy with 3 characters.
It's not like a total cakewalk though, I wonder where other dialog options lead. A 2VS4 against those guys seems hard if you tell the girl and her protector to leave.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
It strikes me as odd that everything - literally everything - in this game looks so fucking good. Every detail is taken care off. Yet the enemies are boring black suits of armor. I get that it paints them as opposition, but come on. Be a little creative, would ya?

Silva

Arcane
So, how is the game outside of combat ?

Does it have meaningful interaction and choices, or its basically a linear story with pseudo-choices Bioware style ?

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
My bet is the latter, but who the fuck cares? This game is about strategic management and tactical combat, and if it manages to make a unique blend a la KoDP, I am fucking sold. So far, we know the combat is very promising.

It strikes me as odd that everything - literally everything - in this game looks so fucking good. Every detail is taken care off. Yet the enemies are boring black suits of armor. I get that it paints them as opposition, but come on. Be a little creative, would ya?

Your common mooks have to be some kind of faceless depersonalized sprite that can be fought against in the hundreds. What color would you like them to be?

Though I agree they could use a bit more... flair?

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

Your common mooks have to be some kind of faceless depersonalized sprite that can be fought against in the hundreds. What color would you like them to be?

Though I agree they could use a bit more... flair?

Color scheme, OK, but yeah... flair.

Indranys

Savant
Can we recruit and create our own party members?
It plays like FF tactics/Tactics Ogre right?
Looks cool indeed.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
So, how is the game outside of combat ?

Does it have meaningful interaction and choices, or its basically a linear story with pseudo-choices Bioware style ?

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/stoic/the-banner-saga/posts/396284

storymap2.jpg

Boleskine

Arcane
Looks good enough for me to buy it full price if it's reasonably priced and the combat is decent.
You can give the combat a shot in the free standalone multiplayer game "TBS: Factions" on Steam.

It's pretty good!

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
D1P

How is it different from Agarest Generations of War? Aside of GFX of course.
Honestly, it's probably ten times more shallow and popamole than Agarest.

What is this Agarest? I hope it is fucking excellent if you expect me to play it with that massive blip on the weeaboo-radar :rpgcodex:

Combat looks sort of cool though. Is it in japjap or out in English?

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
fuck, that looks disgustingly horrid

How is the gameplay?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom