Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Codexian Saga LP

laclongquan

Arcane
Since we withdraw from those theatres, the Raumen on our side will have to sit neutral or they will get gang up by the rest. no great loss!

Angthoron

Arcane
Well, we're also not killing their compatriots, so all the more reason for them to see us as "good guys". After all, we're not invading, we're protecting ourselves :D

Conkrete Knight

Educated
Angthoron said:
Well, we're also not killing their compatriots, so all the more reason for them to see us as "good guys". After all, we're not invading, we're protecting ourselves :D

Well that gesture loses some of its weight if we are building up an invasion army at the same time.

madbringer

Arcane
Gentlemen, this is exactly what we wanted. Chaos! Our enemies are now beset in confusion, and we have the comfort of sitting on a porch behind a fence, cocking a shotgun, while they rip each other to shreds. And they will know our name is the lord, when we lay our vengeance upon them.

This councillor voted C. Time for a martini with an umbrella.

Self-Ejected

Jack

█▓▒░
Patron
Insert Title Here
You do realize that we don't know anything about the strength of the Hin'in?
They could be decades ahead of us in tech, and you wanted to rush blindly into such a battle?
Know thy enemy.
There is a difference between bravery and idiocy.

This could be our final battle.
If we win, I want to see them all dead.
Leave none alive.
The odds of victory is 24 against 1.

Self-Ejected

Jack

█▓▒░
Patron
Insert Title Here
No, we were fools.
Well, not me and a couple of other councillors, but the majority of the council.

laclongquan

Arcane
The fact that they havent conquer Raumen reassure me once of again of the tech disparity. Not too wide, it's my guess.

The fact that they had to manipulate bugs again reassure me. They are not too strong as to be undefeatable.

It's not bad as it seem, Jack.

Self-Ejected

Jack

█▓▒░
Patron
Insert Title Here
laclongquan said:
The fact that they havent conquer Raumen reassure me once of again of the tech disparity. Not too wide, it's my guess.

The fact that they had to manipulate bugs again reassure me. They are not too strong as to be undefeatable.

It's not bad as it seem, Jack.
What makes you so sure they had to?
Our knowledge about them is very limited.
Perhaps they wage war on other fronts or perhaps they just didn't want to bother.

Angthoron said:
Jack is the proverbial Paranoid Android, yes?
That evaluation is correct as to 83%

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Sometimes the most logical choice isn't the best choice. For Codexia's sake, I hope this isn't the case now.

Conkrete Knight

Educated
This conflict has opened our eyes, the notion of peacefully coexistence lies shattered.
The Raumeni bit the hand that reached out to help them back on their feet.
The time of cuddly niceties is over.

The Alien races have proven again and again that they are not worthy of being considered our equals.

The Turanei, although just in their cause committed genocide, in the process destroying wast resources, now lost forever.

They are rash and reckless.

The Phyrries, defeated in an war they were unwilling to stop when it made sense, blinded by a false notion of pride.
A race trying to manipulate us, us the mighty Codexians, into aiding them, by attacking a diplomatic mission.

They are weak and have no honor, just like a woman.

The Hi'in, grasping out for what is not theirs, preferring theft to trade.

They are audacious and greedy.

And the Raumeni, yes the Raumeni...
Proving that they were not able to govern themselves, they forced us to intervene for their own good.
Presented with the option to choose our help against Hi'in, they choose to strike out against us,cClaiming that we are the same as the Hi'in!
Not only did they insult us, they lack perspective. The notion that helping friends equals conquest is laughable.

They are ungratefull and plain and simple stupid.

In light of this from now on our rules of engagement should be total subjugation.
The Alien races are like children, without purpose.
It is our Duty to give them one.
This is the burden of man.

We are just and wise.

Under the wise rule of the council the Xenos may retain some independence, so that they may learn, and in time might one day be considered worthy to be considered our peers.

We will add their biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Their cultures will adapt to service ours, as we service theirs.

Codexia!

Codexia! Über! Alles!

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Empty words. By the time we meet the next species of xenos most councillors will be eagerly reaching out to shake their hands.

Heechee

Liturgist
Is it just me, or has the "kill all alien scum, herp derp, to the battlestations!" attitude stopped being funny and/or productive about 20 pages ago? Oh so edgy counsilors are banal, shit, boring :roll: . It's a shame that this excellent Barbarian's project is degraded by retards.

obediah

Erudite
This one has my head hurting a bit.

B is not an option for me, we know the Hin'in intentions and can not sit idly by while they dismantle the noodles.

I don't think I grasp the variables well enough to decide between A and C, the withdraw in C will saves lives and ships, but how much will it slow our invasion? If there is enough strategic worth in holding certain points in boodle space, then we may need to pay the cost in men and ships. We are in a race after all to grab everything of value owned by the bugs, and be sure that when our forces do meet Hin'in forces, that we are in a position of power.

laclongquan

Arcane
root said:
if we could actually meet a species who doesn't turn out to be a fucking backstabbing moron with pretentions of galactic conquest maybe we should shake their hands. i still hold out hope for the turanei; they seem honorable; and for the amoneth, who seem apathetic.

No way jose! The only xeno that we would be willingly and truthfully shake our hands must be and can only be greenskinned lesbian bigtitty aliens.

heechee1 said:
Is it just me, or has the "kill all alien scum, herp derp, to the battlestations!" attitude stopped being funny and/or productive about 20 pages ago? Oh so edgy counsilors are banal, shit, boring :roll: . It's a shame that this excellent Barbarian's project is degraded by retards.

That attitude is inherrently stupid, unproductive, and unambitious. Faced with the reality of empire governing, you must stay thoughtful to our desire and ambition. Look at Councillor Jack, his family is staying true to the ideal of eliminating all aliens, but he know that to genocide require a strong fleet, superior tech, motivated men and women, and complete intel. All of which herp derp can not satisfy.

Self-Ejected

Jack

█▓▒░
Patron
Insert Title Here
My circuits buzz with pride.
You are a sensible and honorable man, general laclongquan.

If now I only could gain the charisma that some of my fellow councillors possess...

madbringer

Arcane
heechee1 said:

It's just a game. Remove that stick from your arse and chill.

Radisshu

Prophet
Yeah, let's keep the bickering in the world of LARPing

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom