Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The current state of emulators

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
So i've been playing around lately with emulators and:

1) Gamecube/Wii - Dolphin offers near perfect emulation but a good pc is needed
2) PS2 -pcsx2 - slightly worse than dolphin but still acceptably playable
3) N64- project64 + newest gliden64+ newest azimer audio, perfect emulation but performance sometimes can hiccup
4) PSX, sega saturn - medafen, perfect emulation but no bells and whistles in form of enhancing the graphics.

N64 was a beast in its times, it has glide graphics in games like rogue squadron/ shadows of the empire/turok which you needed an expensive voodoo card on PC.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
6rznXIt.png

Avonaeon

Arcane
Developer
I tried looking into Dolphin since I have a small collection of Wii games, but the process of ripping those games so I can play them seem really involved/outdated.

HansDampf

Arcane
You won't get proper mouse control, but it looks great with the widescreen mod.

gm8e01-19nsjg1.png

User was nabbed fit

PS3 emulators are getting on pretty well now too. Red Dead Redemption 1 should be fully playable within the year (with a strong PC).

deama

Prophet
I used the PPSSPP emulator several years ago to play monster hunter freedom unite and a couple of other, more obscure psp games; I remember it working pretty well and it had options to change native resolution so I could play them in 1080p unlike the fags that actually bought them; poor bastards were stuck with 360p lol.

The SNES emulator I used to play various SNES games I remember working pretty well.

janior

Arcane
Patron
7ZMUbQX.jpg

Metroid would play awesome on PC
It plays pretty good with mouse and keyboard, was easy to setup. That said, a lot of in-game mechanics are bound to to lock-on function, you'd think they'd ditch it in trilogy(Wii) version but no, especially noticeable with enemy hitboxes.

Bad Sector

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

I have this weird case of nostalgia where i never had a Nintendo 64 or a Playstation or even a PC with a 3D graphics accelerator until ~2002, yet i can't get enough of these low poly, low texture resolution graphics (especially, for some reason, on high resolutions where they appear too "clean")...

What game is this?

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
Emulation is the best it's ever been. There is no reason to ever play on real hardware when you can play on an emulator with 4k internal resolution, no jaggies, no "jittering" (like how PS1 emulators now correct pixel jitter), etc. Plus you get the option of save states and the ability to use any controller that is accepted by Windows, which frees you from using original hardware controllers like the god-awful N64 controllers, as an example.

PS3, Switch and Xbox 360 emulators are also progressing nicely, btw. Oh, as for the Metroid Prime games there is a mod for making it work with mouse and keyboard, only for emulated versions of the GameCube games though I think? They've probably updated it for the Wii "Trilogy" release by now probably though.

BTW, emulation sites have been slowly been taken over by trannies/SJWs so be mindful of this. I was recently banned from the Emulation reddit because I said that trannys have a mental disorder so that's obvious proof of Nazi authoritarian censorship on their part!!!!111

My personal list of emus:

ps1 = epsxe
ps2 = pcsx2
ps3 = rpcs3
360 = xenia
snes = snes9x
gamecube/wii = dolphin
switch = yuzu
NDS = desmume
3DS = citra
sega saturn = yabasanshiro
psp = PPSSPP

i find these to be the best to use and to offfer the most important aspect for me: graphical upgrades.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
Also who the fuck wastes time ripping games? If you're that afraid of the man just download already-ripped ISOs of games you own, since there is no way to trace an ISO back to a physical copy.

EDIT: I'm saying that if somehow you were taken to court there is no forensics available that would be able to establish that the ISO being played came from your game disc, so don't bother ripping them just download an already-ripped ISO of whatever game you own.

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
Someone mentioned good ol' WinUAE earlier. Now that is a beautiful piece of work. The sound that came out of that thing is godlike. I have my Hyperspin setup configured with WinUAE as one of its many emulators and for the first time I'm hearing what sounds like true 5.1 4-channel audio coming from it on my Denon Dolby Pro surround sound system. But that has to be impossible, right? It must be simulated 4 channel. They didn't have 5.1 audio back in days of yore with the Commodore Amiga, correct? But I swear, play the Amiga version of Dragon Wars in the very first town (Purgatory) on your WinUAE emu and tell me you don't hear the hiss of dragons coming from those back channels while that lovely music score plays the front - or my brain is being tricked into thinking so.

DAHYz4m.jpg

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
Sadly, and as a by-thought, it looks like some of the posters in this topic with such extreme trans-phobia are exactly the type who would have cheered the suicide of one of the primary coders for Dolphin. May you be banned from a thousand emu forums. Cunts.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
Maybe if he'd gotten the help he needed from his mental issues he wouldn't've done it, so technically by insisting that he was mentally fine, instead of getting him help, it was actually people like YOU who drove him to suicide.

Nice job, idiot. It's always sad when someone takes their own life and only a fucking moron would "cheer" someone on for doing it. It's also horrible when someone is in pain, like that coder was, and everyone around him insists that he's just fine and that he doesn't need to get help even though their behavior is obviously destructive. Instead of railing against "transphobia" and enabling the self-harm you lefties should try caring for these people instead, who knows, you might actually make a difference in someone's life.

Last edited:
It's always the same shit with tranny-enabling retards. Ignore the mountain of mental health issues that they have, convince them that getting irreversible body mutilation surgery will fix everything, and then blame "transphobes" when the freaks inevitably off themselves once they realize cutting off their dicks didn't solve anything.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
...he also just confirmed in the female attractiveness (of video game chars) thread that he's ok with transitioning children and toddlers.

Absinthe

Arcane
I hear the best SNES emulator at the moment is higan (formerly called bsnes) and the second best (but with much lower hardware requirements) is snes9x.

Sadly, and as a by-thought, it looks like some of the posters in this topic with such extreme trans-phobia are exactly the type who would have cheered the suicide of one of the primary coders for Dolphin. May you be banned from a thousand emu forums. Cunts.
The transphobia angle was some SJW bullshit. That tranny committed suicide for medical reasons, because of an incurable combination of rheumatoid arthritis and fibromyalgia that made life a living hell that was only going to get worse, not better.

Source: http://thecolorffooff.tumblr.com/bluh

Last edited:

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
...he also just confirmed in the female attractiveness (of video game chars) thread that he's ok with transitioning children and toddlers.

Wow. I think you've been playing too many weeaboo wizardry clones and it's made your brain soft and prone to assumptions and fantasy-thinking that's hardcore even for a die-hard RPG fan. Never confirmed any such thing, just a really odd projection on your part because I refused to discuss the issue with someone who didn't seem qualified to post about that topic above an "opinions are like assholes" lvl. Your volumes speak my silence and that way lies madness.

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
I hear the best SNES emulator at the moment is higan (formerly called bsnes) and the second best (but with much lower hardware requirements) is snes9x.

The transphobia angle was some SJW bullshit. That tranny committed suicide for medical reasons, because of an incurable combination of rheumatoid arthritis and fibromyalgia that made life a living hell that was only going to get worse, not better.

Source: http://thecolorffooff.tumblr.com/bluh

Thanks for the link. Admittedly I didn't know the full story, just the slant that he was goaded into doing it.

JDR13

Arcane
Cool, but can we get back to talking about emulators?

You don't need a mod to play the Metroid Prime trilogy with M+K. I was able to configure it under "Wiimote emulation" in the settings. The third game was a bit janky though.

I have to say though, it's totally worth it to use a real Wiimote for certain games. I purchased a USB sensor bar so I could use a Wiimote to play LoZ: Skyward Sword, and I discovered that I actually like it better than M+K for the Metroid games.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
Whether transitioning 3 year olds should be allowed is a yes/no topic, not a "discussion". Your 200 word essays about how you refuse to discuss this topic of child abuse says all we need to know about you. Keep trying to play moral authority elsewhere though.

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
Whether transitioning 3 year olds should be allowed is a yes/no topic, not a "discussion". Your 200 word essays about how you refuse to discuss this topic of child abuse says all we need to know about you. Keep trying to play moral authority elsewhere though.

The world tends to be far far too complicated for simple yes or no answers, son.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom