Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software The Dark Souls II Megathread™

Visperas

Augur
We'll see... But I still think they're overrewarding the jolly cooperation.

aris

Arcane
Is it still like this that the split damage weapons are completely inferior to the pure physical damage ones? I tried to change my ultra greatsword to lightning, but idk, even though the sheet damage is more, it does feel weaker now. If nothing has changed with regards to the defense, your defense against damage types gets subtracted from the damage of the weapon, so generally it will subtract more from the damage of the split weapons than the pure damage weapons.

I'm considering changing it back to a normal ultra greatsword.

Also, ring of blades is kind of useless for big strength weapons, right? I'd wager a fast weapon would benefit a lot from it though.

Last edited:

praetor

Arcane
Good luck getting summonend at levels out of the way or higher soul memory though.

on my 3rd char at almost 2mil SM i could still get summoned and summon on the rotten (and beyond, of course) in NG. that is, i could get summoned 1 out of 15 times that it didn't fail

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Good luck getting summonend at levels out of the way or higher soul memory though.

on my 3rd char at almost 2mil SM i could still get summoned and summon on the rotten (and beyond, of course) in NG. that is, i could get summoned 1 out of 15 times that it didn't fail

Wish I had as much luck. I've put down my sunbro sign infront of many boss doors or bonfires, but most of the times people just bumrush the boss and die or no one sunnons me :(

praetor

Arcane
Wish I had as much luck. I've put down my sunbro sign infront of many boss doors or bonfires, but most of the times people just bumrush the boss and die or no one sunnons me :(

have you tried Freja and the Mirror knight? i've had the most luck there (and smelter skelter and the last 2 bosses)

Murk

Arcane
Bros, silly question about being summoned (I never did online play in DS 1); if I defeat the area boss can I still be summoned by others to help out?

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
boss spoiler
Old iron king, what a joke. The only danger in that fight is actually thinking the boss is capable of doing stuff and rolling off the edge. Maybe he's hard if you're a melee build? Belfry gargoyles I've heard are REALLY hard, but I beat them first try, without any close calls. Only the sinners rise boss left of the 4 great ones now.

JudasIscariot

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
Well, that's ....kind of lame, imho. I mean, sure, it's great if you are stuck on a boss that's difficult for you but it kind of kills the means to get more souls if you theoretically kill everything in all areas.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
Well, that's ....kind of lame, imho. I mean, sure, it's great if you are stuck on a boss that's difficult for you but it kind of kills the means to get more souls if you theoretically kill everything in all areas.

Killing all the enemies in an area to wipe them out is exceptionally tedious.

Bros, silly question about being summoned (I never did online play in DS 1); if I defeat the area boss can I still be summoned by others to help out?

Not only can you be summoned or summon, you can be invaded!

Has anyone had any lucking farming the Ruin Sentinels?
you mean those 5 bitches in drangleic castle? i wanted farm their armor set but with mage it is fucking chore to not aggro half the fucking room and land some clean hit with a spell that they dont block with fucking shield. so far easiest way for me was to lure single ruin sentinel in to first room on the right and there use the elevation to block them.

much easier with my str/faith character but after 7 or 8 runs i got not a single fucking part of their set so i gave up.

fuck drop rates in this game. probably if i respected character to some grinding/farming build it would be easier but i think i will wait for patch 1.06 that will give infinite upgrades materials to vendors and drop rates like in DS1:cool:

there will be patch 1.06 right?:M

Last edited:

Volrath

Arcane
Patron
Has anyone had any lucking farming the Ruin Sentinels?
you mean those 5 bitches in drangleic castle? i wanted farm their armor set but with mage it is fucking chore to not aggro half the fucking room and land some clean hit with a spell that they dont block with fucking shield. so far easiest way for me was to lure single ruin sentinel in to first room on the right and there use the elevation to block them.
Yes. I've gotten them to stop spawning on NG and only have a shitty fucking helmet to show for it. Really debating if I should use an ascetic or just stop bothering with it.

Using character name instead of account name during online interactions is beyond retarded. The profanity filter is more retarded though. It's become even tougher to block/report cheaters.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Retaining patient, not overdoing hits on enemies when there is a gap in their animation etc always pays out in these games :)

Xi

Arcane
The game runs flawlessly once you get past that white screen bug. I am sure it will become an easy fix. With that downsampling mod, my PC runs the game at 4K(DS to 1080) at 60 frames. It NEVER dips below that. The only thing that needs work is AA settings. I can force AA via AMD control panel, and it works, but I get some strange pink/orange/blue hued effects when in large open areas. Something to do with the lighting source. The difference is minor, but textures are definitely clearer and more detailed.

Anyway, I stand by my previous statement. This is a faithful sequel. If you liked DS1 you'll like this one. It starts a little slow/aimless, but once you figure things out it becomes interesting.

So far, I've made a caster and a tanky style char. The caster is easy mode when summoning shades. Their weakness is in damage taken (of course). That said, I have managed NEVER to equip a shield on my caster. On the flip side, tanky characters start off slow, but probably become gods toward the end due to damage mitigation, poise, and relative damage out put.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
So far, I've made a caster and a tanky style char. The caster is easy mode when summoning shades. Their weakness is in damage taken (of course). That said, I have managed NEVER to equip a shield on my caster. On the flip side, tanky characters start off slow, but probably become gods toward the end due to damage mitigation, poise, and relative damage out put.

Nope. Hexers are god mode and Mudane Hexers rule PvP, being able to abuse Great Resonant Soul, Bat Fog, Mudane Santier's Spear, and Mudane Aveyln.

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Meanwhile in Germany :troll:
h61243DAB

Holy shit, I just fought 4 cheaters in 30 min dragonbro-ing. Half of them were Russhinz. I keep mah black separation handy now.

Psquit

Arcane
Farming with the mage is kinda easy since you dont have to engage in combat most of the time...

Well ill have to buy this game since playing offline mode is lame as fuck.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom