Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software The Dark Souls II Megathread™

Got max rank in BoB... finally. Fucking took forever. Now... to do the same for blue sentinels.

Why do I play this goddamn game =(
you are one persistent motherfucker:salute:

also on ng+ with different character i wanted to join BS and invade sinners. fourty minutes later after constant invasions in heides i gave up. not because i couldnt reach fucking ornstein but fuck those blue tryhards. every single one of this fuckers spammed either "no way" or "decapitations" after his win. fuck them hard. BoB for life:argh:

bros, I have a DLC lore question:
Why is the king called Sunken if he was killed by dragon's poison?

king was killed by
Yorgh
:M

Correct_Carlo

Arcane
Finished New Game +. Level 242. Once I discovered how to co-op (something I never bothered doing before), I started leveling insanely fast. Planting summons outside the Sinner's Rise boss and the Mirror Knight seems to be the quickest way to level, as they are easy boss fights with more than one person and people use summons constantly. So you never have to wait long for a summon.

Anyhow, this is now like my 5th most played game on Steam. I still really want to keep playing, but I've run out of stuff to do....and I don't relish starting New Game ++ before all the DLC is released (although, at the level I am, all the bosses are kind of a joke. So I could probably complete New Game ++ really quickly).

I haven't done any of the PVP covenants yet, though. Maybe I'll try that.

But, yeah, this game has kind of ruined me to all other games. I looked through my steam list for something else to play, but nothing looks like it will scratch the same itch.

Jezal_k23

Finished New Game +. Level 242. Once I discovered how to co-op (something I never bothered doing before), I started leveling insanely fast. Planting summons outside the Sinner's Rise boss and the Mirror Knight seems to be the quickest way to level, as they are easy boss fights with more than one person and people use summons constantly. So you never have to wait long for a summon.

Anyhow, this is now like my 5th most played game on Steam. I still really want to keep playing, but I've run out of stuff to do....and I don't relish starting New Game ++ before all the DLC is released (although, at the level I am, all the bosses are kind of a joke. So I could probably complete New Game ++ really quickly).

I haven't done any of the PVP covenants yet, though. Maybe I'll try that.

But, yeah, this game has kind of ruined me to all other games. I looked through my steam list for something else to play, but nothing looks like it will scratch the same itch.

Going through the first DLC right now, at NG. Definitely love it too. For a few weeks it was all I played too.

Murk

Arcane
Dude, if you want to level, just use an ascetic on giant lord. It has an ascetic that respawns and with full soul increase gear the bossfight alone gives you 500k souls and the enemies give you another 40k (they die automatically to environmental shit).

It's really easy to do.

At ng+7 or so the DLC bosses (especially gank squad) are way harder than any of the vanilla bosses. Some of them are laughably easy, often leaving one going "huh, I thought this was harder."

It doesn't help that you have like 5 scrolls of CSS or something to plow through them tho.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
I actually liked the gargoyle fight. It was tense and forced you to keep moving and didn't just require you to roll in place to dodge large sword attack and retaliate(and repeat).

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
My main char amassed more than a dozen (I think) Fire Seeds but has not found the regular Pyromancy Flame. I killed the Flexile Sentry, explored the apparatus, changed the area and apparently I missed the only fucking way in the game to get the flame. Is it really so or is there another one? (I found a Dark Flame or something, but I wanted the regular.)

Self-Ejected

AngryEddy

Self-Ejected
My main char amassed more than a dozen (I think) Fire Seeds but has not found the regular Pyromancy Flame. I killed the Flexile Sentry, explored the apparatus, changed the area and apparently I missed the only fucking way in the game to get the flame. Is it really so or is there another one? (I found a Dark Flame or something, but I wanted the regular.)

Just go back to the ship.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Heh, I missed that chest the first time too. That navigation chart just compels you to examine it.

Murk

Arcane
at NG+ and SL230 i'm getting rekt by the ganksquad and elana, but i think that's because i'm not using the imba strike weapons

If soloing I found the trick is to never stand and fight but to constantly run n hit. Good quick weapons help, and backstabs/parries always help (especially with monscim still in).

Otherwise, there's a cheese spot near the ramp up from the water that you can stand and only the archer can hit you (unless you get her into melee mode, then you're safe). You stand and use a big weapon like the gatsu ugs.

dr. one

Augur
I still really want to keep playing, but I've run out of stuff to do....and I don't relish starting New Game ++ before all the DLC is released (although, at the level I am, all the bosses are kind of a joke. So I could probably complete New Game ++ really quickly).
You could spice NG++ by making it a no bonfire run :).
Also, perhaps a SL1 game might be worth considering. Just finished one myself, DLC included, and it made for a fresh and quite thoroughly fun experience. Fuck Velstadt though (both incarnations).

praetor

Arcane
seems DLC bosses scale with NG+ cycles much more than the others. yesterday somebody summoned me for Elana at +7 (he was kind enough to give as a warning :)), and she deals shittons of damage (my SL240 [or there somewhere] char "scub scrubber" in NG+ has 40 vit + 3rd dragon so ~2050HP and she could 2-shot me with ease with her halberd [one hit took roughly 75% of my HP] or magic) and has an unwholesome amount of health (as do her summons. usually i can one-shot the skellies with a 2HR1 of a (non infused) gyrm greathammer buffed with sunlight or dark weapon, but not this time. and fucking Velstadt has more HP than in his "normal" fight). the other phantom died within 30secs, while we were able to whittle her down do ~20% before she summoned V (we were lucky she was only spamming skellies by that point) and then he wrecked us (i used up all my estus, and then accidentally i lured him towards the host just as the bitch teleported near and they comboed him to death :( )

i don't want to even think about how much of a pain would Sinh be at that intensity. was summoned once at +3 with one of my SL150 for him (in NG) and he pretty much one-shots me or near enough (~1750HP) with everything bar his fireball attack (god do i hate his unblockable charge... it makes sense because how would you "block" a 10ton beast charging at you, but i still hate it :P )

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
seems DLC bosses scale with NG+ cycles much more than the others. yesterday somebody summoned me for Elana at +7 (he was kind enough to give as a warning :)), and she deals shittons of damage (my SL240 [or there somewhere] char "scub scrubber" in NG+ has 40 vit + 3rd dragon so ~2050HP and she could 2-shot me with ease with her halberd [one hit took roughly 75% of my HP] or magic) and has an unwholesome amount of health (as do her summons. usually i can one-shot the skellies with a 2HR1 of a (non infused) gyrm greathammer buffed with sunlight or dark weapon, but not this time. and fucking Velstadt has more HP than in his "normal" fight). the other phantom died within 30secs, while we were able to whittle her down do ~20% before she summoned V (we were lucky she was only spamming skellies by that point) and then he wrecked us (i used up all my estus, and then accidentally i lured him towards the host just as the bitch teleported near and they comboed him to death :( )

i don't want to even think about how much of a pain would Sinh be at that intensity. was summoned once at +3 with one of my SL150 for him (in NG) and he pretty much one-shots me or near enough (~1750HP) with everything bar his fireball attack (god do i hate his unblockable charge... it makes sense because how would you "block" a 10ton beast charging at you, but i still hate it :P )
And you didn't even mention the gank squad...

praetor

Arcane
not gonna go even close to that (one pair of skirt per char is enough). by far the shittiest boss in the series. not even fun in co-op (you go backstab that dude, i go backstab the other dude, while the 3rd goes backstab the 3rd dude). i want to punch in the face o hard whoever designed it so he goes back in time and erases this aberration (like that whole boring area)

not gonna go even close to that (one pair of skirt per char is enough). by far the shittiest boss in the series. not even fun in co-op (you go backstab that dude, i go backstab the other dude, while the 3rd goes backstab the 3rd dude). i want to punch in the face o hard whoever designed it so he goes back in time and erases this aberration (like that whole boring area)
i made 11 sunmedals on gank sqaud last weekend:troll:

would probably do twice as much if those cheap, cheating fuckers could not cancel every fucking animations in a split second:x i wonder who came up with hat fight probably the same fucker who designed selen vinland black phantom fight in 5-2.

some fights are not difficult just feel cheap.Giving them huge amount of hp and damage boost does not make it challenging cause lol estus/grass. Cant honestly think of one player vs. npc fight in Souls games that was challenging. Maybe BP Satsuki. Was good one on one duel with fast, hard hitting fucker.

i made 11 sunmedals on gank sqaud last weekend:troll:

and i made 8 tokens of fidelity on Elana just yesterday evening. your point? ah right, you have none, as usual
why so salty?did gank sqad ruin your day?

All i meant was as shitty as this fight is its still pretty doable for anyone with brain and two phantoms. And unless you try to face tank them there is nothing rage inducing about them. Lol at comparing Elana fight to gank squad. Also Bed of bullshit better than gank squad :salute::lol: at least they are optional, give you some useful loot, lets you earn sunmedals/tokens of fidelity and if you dont co-op with retards its fast paced 3 on 3 fight.

You have played enough Souls games to know that any boss fight is trivial by having two other players helping you. They obviously could not come up with something challenging but fair for co-op but hey its not like they have long history of such a fights.
Even great fights like O&S or Manus were piss easy with one guy tanking with high stability shield and two others spamming lighting/soul spears. You cant do that in gank sqaud fight and learning boss attack patterns also dont help when they instantly cancel their animations.

also related

"the shittiest fight in Souls games" lol preator as always overexaggerating about anything he dislikes in DS2:lol:

praetor

Arcane
yup, you're still a retard who cannot read and even less comprehend written words. perhaps you should stick to potato forums written in hieroglyphs because you obviously do not understand the english language (no, i did not compare elana to the gank trio, and you other "points" are so stupid you sound like a DaS2 designer. mind boggling)

Murk

Arcane
If you stand between Sinh's four legs his melee swipes wont hit you (his full body lunge will) but you clip like crazy and so your weapon breaks very fast.

I don't know if that fight is intended to be done ranged or not. Sinh flies a lot and having someone pew pew him helps.

He takes a lot of damage in melee -- the red iron twinblade is very useful here as is any hard hitting phys weapon -- but it's a pain in the ass to get him to stay put.

praetor

Arcane
If you stand between Sinh's four legs his melee swipes wont hit you (his full body lunge will) but you clip like crazy and so your weapon breaks very fast.

I don't know if that fight is intended to be done ranged or not. Sinh flies a lot and having someone pew pew him helps.

He takes a lot of damage in melee -- the red iron twinblade is very useful here as is any hard hitting phys weapon -- but it's a pain in the ass to get him to stay put.

if there is a way to make him stay on the ground, i have not found it. it seems to be entirely based on the RNG god. sometimes he does, sometimes he doesn't. when he flies constantly he's one of the most boring fights in the series (only happened once so far, but every time we got to him he just flew up and did one of his flying attacks... then you get to him again, if we were lucky we got a hit in, and then again he flew. it was so frustrating we started making stupid mistakes and died), but when he mixes it up he's easily the best boss in the game

We went through intensities 6-8 with mikayel and it was most noticeable on elana for me - velstadt was fucking unkillable. Sinh is easy with 100% fire resist, just takes a while. The few times we got Sinh close to a wall, he seemed more likely to spam melee attacks. This could still be RNG though.

Murk

Arcane
The most obnoxious thing is that his flying attacks can all be chained into one another (minus the ground tackle that forces him to land; caution: tail hurts).

I kind of want to go dick around and experiment with healing, range/position, and type of attack used to see if that matters.

Often this is a co-op fight and from what I've seen people are always spread out doing other stuff so it is difficult to tell if there is a clear trigger like healing is to Nashandra.

On max intensity the only thing that will kill you is that damn full body ground dash that has a huge AOE and can one-shot you. The rest can be very easily dodged if you are patient... boring, but doable.

unrelated but neat (from reddit)

also unrelated:

how to win at dark souls--

step 1) equip katana

step 2) press r1

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

AngryEddy

Self-Ejected
The most obnoxious thing is that his flying attacks can all be chained into one another (minus the ground tackle that forces him to land; caution: tail hurts).

I kind of want to go dick around and experiment with healing, range/position, and type of attack used to see if that matters.

Often this is a co-op fight and from what I've seen people are always spread out doing other stuff so it is difficult to tell if there is a clear trigger like healing is to Nashandra.

On max intensity the only thing that will kill you is that damn full body ground dash that has a huge AOE and can one-shot you.

unrelated but neat (from reddit)

also unrelated:

how to win at dark souls--

step 1) equip katana

step 2) press r1

That video shows exactly what Dark Souls 2 pvp could've been: a game where you string together combos with alternate attacks that actually do different shit with really neat gap closers, but what we get is RUNNING R1 SPAM, R1 SPAM, PARRY SPAM etc. It makes me depressed at how awful Dark Souls 2 truly is.

Murk

Arcane
Is it gaping pussy hour right now? Motherfucker alt+f4d three times in a fucking row -- three fucking times. Jesus, who are these asshats?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom