Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software The Dark Souls II Megathread™

1394363556833.png
+M+M+M

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Why does he have so many souls and his weapon doesnt show up in his hands?

Kanedias

Savant
His Xbox controller died, so now he's messing around with a PS3 version with a hacked eboot. He has maxed stats and whatever. Boring to watch, except for Souls Science, I guess.

I missed the last parts of the game, there's a limit to what I want spoiled.

By the way, NG+ is amazing

Permagravelord mode, and there are even new enemy types. As soon as he spawned, he got attacked by Falconers in the tutorial area.

Last edited:
For all the improvements to covenants and online, I'm really worried about the new level range calculations. They seem to take total souls acquired into account. Won't this mess up everything, like the suggested PvP level? By constant PvPing you acquire millions and millions of souls.

i am guessing that there wil be some cap? like above 5 milion of souls you can invade anyone who has at least those 5millions?

Kanedias

Savant
Ah sorry for removing that part of my post, I did it because apparently there is indeed a cap and that thing only affects low soul levels.

Nugs

Learned
Probated
ike above 5 milion of souls you can invade anyone who has at least those 5millions?

So souls are now like battle power from dragon ball z? :M IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND SOULS !!!!!!

Kanedias

Savant
Apparently the cap gets more and more lenient and basically disappears at high soul levels, but I guess we won't know for sure until someone leaks stuff from the guide.

well there is sword that
scales damage with number of souls you have
so you better have it over nine thousands:lol:

Kanedias

Savant
/v/ told me the game is shit. Is it shit Codex?

Area design (especially in terms of art): Starts out very good, then quickly goes to shit, then crawls out in the last half of the game and becomes great. But this is probably the lowest point of the game
Difficulty: at least on par with Dark Souls 1.
Combat: Weapons seem to have a more diverse moveset, and there are more weapons. Enemies are also much harder to backstab fish, as many of them don't let you circle around them for the BS: Apart from this, as good as Dark Souls. Maybe better, since they improved spellcasting and miracles.
Game size: It's considerably larger than Dark Souls
Online aspects: Seems like the best of all the souls games thus far, with diverse covenants and the nerfing of several things that made PvP annoying, such as the broken backstabs.
Story: This will have to wait until I can play the game myself and check everything, but it seems to be less straightforward than Demon's Souls, so they didn't dumb it down.

By the way, NG+ is no longer an afterthought, so expect stuff to actually play out differently.

/dsg/ thinks its great, btw.

Last edited:
Wow, Bonfire Ascetic
not only respawns enemies, it also respawns bosses
FUCK YES:thumbsup: A CONTINUOUS CIRCLE

also

Bonfire Ascetics power up monsters in that area each use.
It'll be farmable, but it's gonna be continually harder each time.
Ascetics are also limited.

praetor

Arcane
oh my god, fuck you guys, after being slightly disappointed when watching that dude's stream... now with that new info i'm HYPED OVER 9000!!! 10 more days... :(

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Is there a way to figure out what a covenant does BEFORE I join them? Not just:
- hey, do you want to join us? Yes or No?
- First I'd like to know what do you do?
- I asked Yes or no?

Nugs

Learned
Probated
- I asked Yes or no?

Maybe you want a quest compass and a dialog wheel also?

Kanedias

Savant
Their dialogue hints at what they do. If you have a question regarding a specific one, just ask here. I'm a bit lazy to post a huge list of what each one does. The only one I'm not 100% sure about is the Covenant of Rodents.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
- I asked Yes or no?

Maybe you want a quest compass and a dialog wheel also?
Ha-ha. You are a funny one. Because asking some information about an imortant part of the game is just like asking for a quest compass.

Kanedias

Savant
what does the abyss covenant do? "ancients" i'm guessing is the new dragon covenant?

Abyss
is basically a PvE covenant. The leader sells hexes and opens a portal to a bonus area with a bonus boss, which you need to beat in order to advance in rank.

praetor

Arcane
meh :(

so no gravelord covenant is confirmed :(

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom