Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software The Dark Souls II Megathread™

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
Hey guis look at what i found

v4KyTFb.jpg

Kanedias

Savant
All these last areas were excellent. Truly on par with the previous games. Dat art design

Especially in Castle Drangleic.

How fucking long is this game? anyway
drangleic castle
was castlevania in 3d done properly:M
also that fight whit those fuckers
casting miracles/hexes/firestorm/soul arrows/PURSUERS
all at the same time:thumbsup:

CrimsonAngel

Prophet
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I have a question what kind of loser's watch streams of a game they are going to play them self that is built up around exploration.

i do not watch the entire stream. i glimpse every hour or so for a brief moment. i dont feel i spoiled myself a lot of the game content. not more than from looking at trailers/screenshots. still have no clue about the plot or side quests.

and i play dark souls for multiplayer:M
:troll:

no seriously i am more hyped for the new covenants than for any fucking exploration

Nugs

Learned
Probated
PC req specs:

• Processor: Intel CoreTM i3 2100 3.10GHz or AMD A8 3870K 3.0GHz
  • Memory: 4 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 465 or higher, ATI Radeon HD 6870 or higher

And the game runs on 256mb ram on ps3 :lol:

I laugh at pc tards who buy new components every 2-3 years

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
System Requirements

• Minimum:
    • OS: Windows XP SP3, Vista SP2, Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8
    • Processor: AMD® Phenom II™ X2 555 3.2Ghz or Intel® Pentium Core ™ 2 Duo E8500 3.17Ghz
    • Memory: 2 GB RAM
    • Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce® 9600GT, ATI Radeon™ HD 5870
    • DirectX: Version 9.0c
    • Network: Broadband Internet connection
    • Hard Drive: 14 GB available space
    • Sound Card: DirectX 9 sound device
    • Additional Notes: Controller support: Microsoft Xbox 360® Controller for Windows® (or equivalent) recommended

• Recommended:
    • Processor: Intel® CoreTM i3 2100 3.10GHz or AMD® A8 3870K 3.0GHz
    • Memory: 4 GB RAM
    • Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 465 or higher, ATI Radeon™ HD 6870 or higher
    • DirectX: Version 9.0c
    • Network: Broadband Internet connection
    • Hard Drive: 14 GB available space
    • Sound Card: DirectX 9 sound device
    • Additional Notes: Controller support: Microsoft Xbox 360® Controller for Windows® (or equivalent) recommended

Something's wrong with the minimum requirements:

Geforce 9600GT/HD 5870.

A HD 5870 is vastly faster than the 9600GT and even faster than the (recommended) HD6870.

Japanese cannot into PC hardware.

praetor

Arcane
Pyromancy confirmed to be exactly like in Dark Souls 1, only scaling with the Flame

so, so glad to hear that... with all the balance/stat changes it's nowhere near as OP as in DaS1, anyway. btw, are minimum stat requirements for pyromancies still in?

edit: holy crap

dat ancient dragon :yeah:

Last edited:

aris

Arcane
Lost soul boss fight is very similar to artorias.

Also, holy shit it's frustrating to watch. This guy does not how to use his healing-windows at ALL

new info on ng+, pvp, arenas etc. no lore spoilers
  1. Summoning range will be determined by a combination of 2 factors: The player’s summoning range and the amount of souls acquired by that player’s character. This means that as you obtain more and more souls your summoning range will increase. If you like to hang out at low levels and gank people, eventually over time, you will be forced out of this summoning range into a higher one where this won’t be possible. This is to try and alleviate some of the ganking of new players.
  2. @White Corvid and Serious_Much: NG+ got a HUGE overhaul. Now there are new enemies, harder enemies and new loot in NG+. This is to reward the player for continuing on and extend the longevity of the game. From what I understand the game assumes you know how to play from the very beginning and punishes you throughout. NG++ and up don’t add anything new, only harder difficulty. Another important thing to note is that players in NG+ will NOT be able to play with players who have not reached NG+ or above. As far as I can tell this was done to prevent the use of the more powerful gear obtained in NG+, like the Backstab Ring, from being used on weaker characters.
  3. THE BACKSTAB RING!! There is now a ring that protects you from backstabs by draping a corpse over your back that absorbs the damage of the backstab. I was told that this ring can break if it takes too much damage, but wasn’t given any more specifics other than that on how it works. This ring is ONLY obtainable in NG+.
  4. There will be an arena at launch and it will be available near the beginning of the game.
  5. In the Forest of Fallen Giants there is a thick fog area with invisible enemies where it is nearly impossible to see invaders until they are almost in your face. This will be a huge invasion area as invaders can actually see through the fog better than players in the forest. From what I understand one of the covenants protects this area similarly to the Darkroot Forest in Dark Souls 1.
  6. I was told that all weapons are viable in Dark Souls II. One of the QA testers even beat the game from start to finish with a Cestus.
  7. The Blue Sentinels and Brotherhood of Blood will actually have statues they can pray to that will begin a duel with other members of their covenants and can rank up this way as well.
  8. After joining the Dragon covenant you will obtain a Dragon Eye that will allow you to see the summoning signs of other members of this covenant. Even after leaving you will still have this ability as long as you possess the Dragon Eye.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Yeah Nugs we updated our PC to play Dark Souls what a waste of money no? you console peasants knew it all along....retarded and proud of it

well fuck me but its pretty much confirmed that ng+ is necessary to get
the good ending (or true ending)
LfaCCak.jpg

so its not only about shiny weapons but also about getting to the end of the story.i dont now shit about plot so i dont now why or how it works

from reddit:

Nope, NG++ has new stuff too. For example to get the MLGS you must beat Freja on NG++ and use the soul you get from her.

NG+ and NG ++ are part of a 'cycle' apparently. You get some extra bosses/boss souls and a few more powerful items than found in the standard NG.

from 4chan so take it with grain of salt

Carrying over NG+ details.

Been messing around a bit in NG+. Current differences.

-The second you start you're beset upon by Falconers
-There are a ton of Red Phantoms, some blocking the way to obvious shortcuts or "safe zones"
-Even more enemies. For example Heide has a couple more of those Large Knights with hammers supported by a ton of Red Phantoms
-Some bosses seem to remain the same, others have a couple small changes. For instance Two Red Phantom pyromancers will drop into your battle with the Lost Sinner when she reaches half health.
-All key items are stripped from you, so no jumping around. Gotta follow the same path more or less.

dont know who are those falconers fuckers but i already dont like them

fucking From Software wants us to play this game for years:M

Nugs

Learned
Probated
Well that's a good thing no? It would be even better if locations and aesthetics would change in ng+ and ng++ like you are being condemned to suffer for eternity in a similar world and no matter what you do in the end it doesn't matter because you still DIE :M

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom