Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software The Dark Souls II Megathread™

BobtheTree

Savant
Playing casters has been easymode since Demon's Souls and that trend definitely continues in DS2. Anyone saying Cleric is useless is useless himself.
I played a caster for about 3 hours in DS2 and found it way harder than in Demon's Souls and Dark Souls. I think it got majorly nerfed in DS2, at least earlygame.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Does pyromancy scale with any stat? I though that the whole faith\int thing was only scaling for magic\miracles and for weapons

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
Sorcery is trash, but Hexes are borderline overpowered. Resonant Soul and Greater Resonant Soul are badass. Considering how early you can get really good hexes (after Dragonrider), my Hex playthrough is like the Socery playtrhough in Demon's Souls (close to it).

Also, video evidence of agility and its effects on iframes.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Well, that means I'll need moar Fire Seeds then.

Also, anyone know the specific mechanics for gravestone spawning? Internets says Rosabeth gets a gravestone, I just can't seem to find much regarding where it'll be at and when do gravestones spawn.

Kanedias

Savant
I'm some sort of invasion magnet. I was away all day, I come back and do the Sentinel room in NG+ (which is incredibly difficult, by the way, especially if you reset it like I did, because then it becomes extremely difficult to get into the doors you have yet to open since other Sentinels aggro you). Anyways while I was doing this room I got invaded 2 times. I summoned somone to help me deal with the throne room (no idea how I'm supposed to do that solo) we deal with that and proceed to dragonriders and I get invaded 3 more times along the way. 4 blues, one red.

On another note: I found this dagger called Shadow Dagger, this thing is so ridiculous, I did a 2183 damage backstab against one of these invaders. It also looks really cool and it's a good sidearm.
it's a rare drop from the Shadowmen, Flexile Sentry's two helpers. You need to kill them both and reset the fight over and over again in order to farm for this weapon and their armor set.

Something else that I don't remember mentioning here: Straid won't talk to you if you have less than 3 intelligence (I'm talking about us, min max bandits). I discovered you can use a soul vessel to get more intelligence and then revert back, however...which will flag him as a vendor for the rest of the playthrough. That means you can actually talk to him normally even after you revert back to 1 INT.

Tribal Sarah

Arbiter
I think I might have seen my first hacker. Maybe I'm wrong but I got summoned at Heides. The guy got hit a bunch of times and his health bar didn't move. he didn't use any estus flasks or gems. we went all the way up to the church with him in front being hit over and over. Then at the church he dropped a bunch of gear that was all maxed out. +10 Sunlight sword and stuff like that. Maybe it was just lag or something but it looked suspicious. I've never seen anyone do that run plus the boss fight and not use health or take damage

Steve

Augur
I think I might have seen my first hacker. Maybe I'm wrong but I got summoned at Heides. The guy got hit a bunch of times and his health bar didn't move. he didn't use any estus flasks or gems. we went all the way up to the church with him in front being hit over and over. Then at the church he dropped a bunch of gear that was all maxed out. +10 Sunlight sword and stuff like that. Maybe it was just lag or something but it looked suspicious. I've never seen anyone do that run plus the boss fight and not use health or take damage

There is a save game that is being spread around. Gives you 10 characters with every useable item fully upgraded.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
How do you guys get the items laying on those magma rocks in the iron keep? I have seen some barrels with water in it and thought rolling into them helps me, but it doesnt work at all..

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Haven't figured it out myself yet, but I had an idea that they may contain Pyro spells and a Pyromancer using Flash Sweat could get them?

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Yeah, I just bought the spell from that chick in Majula, dont have any attument slots though :/

How do you guys get the items laying on those magma rocks in the iron keep? I have seen some barrels with water in it and thought rolling into them helps me, but it doesnt work at all..

Use Phallus Cockstones to make water flow in those little pools - they boost fire defense for a while. Flash sweat, then jog. I managed to get all the loot by just using the first pool near the archer.

So after PVPing for a while I can't believe how they've made heavy armor even worse. I have upgraded Havel/Shield AND can fast roll. The stun locking is crazy, even the tiniest knife stuns me on one hit and takes a good chunk of health (that's with +1000 physical defense). Rolling is pretty much the only option to survive enemy hits. Every single opponent spams greatsword/magic/pyro and fast roll evades every hit. At this point I really see no reason in heavy armor at all. You can upgrade any light armor to +10 for some decent elemental protection and avoid wasting points in Vitality. Fuck this roll-playing shit.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Bed of Chaos was shit because of the long ass run to get there if you died. At least Memory of Jheigo can be completed in a few minutes and there's a bonfire real close. You just rush to the King and slap his shit. The two other giants shouldn't bother you. At least they didn't aggro me.

its fucking tedious.

cutscene->loading screen->summoning cpt.drummond->run past giants/fire/fucking giant stone head->try not to get killed with first strike of giant faggot-> still die because his hitboxes are enormous and he oneshots you->loading screen->warp to majula->loading screen->repair ring of binding->warp back->loading screen->

rince and repeat. last time i died because i aggroed on my way to giant lord a spearman who than proceed to follow me and backstabbed me when i was trying to dodge giant lord stomps. and you cant even snipe(with poison arrows) him and wait till he dies because its fucking race against time.

good job From Software:thumbsup:

why couldnt they put a fucking bonfire in that location? there are bonfires everywhere but not there

Kanedias

Savant
I became a grossly incandescent red phantom!

I tested it and it's based on Wins - Loses. You seem to need some sort of positive quota of wins in order to glow more, not sure about the numbers. There are several stages, not sure if I reached the final one or not.

It's really nice, red/silver phantom with a lot of red smoke coming out.

I'm pretty saddened that they went for the Demon's Souls PvP again.

I'm finding it much better than the backstab fest of Dark Souls 1 PvP. Damage is also much more reasonable (with some exceptions, like Forbidden Sun / Great Resonant Soul / CMW MLGS. I needed to switch to a straight sword in order to enjoy the PvP more, though. One weakness the new poise system has is that it punishes slow weapons a lot, because they can be interrupted too much by katanas, straight swords, and the like.

CrimsonAngel

Prophet
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
The "Hello" and "I am sorry" wood carvings are great items. I was messing about with one of the PvP areas while throwing them down every time i got a solid hit in.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
I joined the Bell covenant today for shits and giggles. The rate in which it spaens me in there is insane. Can sometimes barely walk ten meters till I get the message that someone invaded the clocktower. What was even more surprising that i won the overwhelming majority against the invaders, 15 times or so. It's quite refreshing to See there are players even worse than me playing this game. :D had a lot of fun, very crappy netcode aside. Ofcourse got oneshot out of impossible angles by magic as well. Why this shit is even in the game is beyond me. But eh, thanks to the chunks I got with every victory I have now all my equipment at either Plus nine or ten. Still cant Beat the smelter demon. :(

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom