Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software The Dark Souls II Megathread™

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Mmm I don't know Surf; by the time you hit the Sinner you can have a weapon at +7 easily ; I had my longsword at +8 and my bastard sword at +5 and while it didn't make massive damage (30 STR) its R2 attack easily took 20% of her health per hit.
Maybe 2 handing it at 8+ with gold pine rasin it could be done...
I really don't care much about mini maxing but this game really benefits greatsword builds for melee characters; I usually like the range & speed of the longsword but with all the ducking and cover in bossfights just using greatsword for a single massive hit and moving back worked best for me

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Ah, what a strange choice of words then. In that case I 'oneshotted' her too. :P wish more fights would be like that. No bullshit, just a hyperaggressive melee fight.

edit: Invictus - I used my flame longsword +8 against her and yes it did some good damage. There was just simply no way I could imagine to defeat her with One swing of a weapon :P

Yesterday I cleared that Rat vanguard Boss and decided to give pvp a Chance later today. Gotta be fun. :P wearing a Full Set of alonne armor I upgraded to +5, claymore +8 and a towershield. Ah and the mask of the Sinner. Will probably get raped by magic users like everytime, but whatevs :D

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
By the cat ring and go down the tunnel believe me its fun too and most LP are going to pretty much the same areas anyway
The cat ring allows you to jump down the big hole in Majula?

It lowers the fall damage, so yes. You still need healing items and better unequip your armor when you jump down. There is also another option to climb down there

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
So I recently found a Dark Infused Scythe. Other than not being able to attack behind your shield, the moveset is the same and the stat requirements are slightly lower (need 3 less DEX, weighs 1 less lb). Going to use Dark Weapon/Resonant Weapon and roflcopter into filthy at Doors of Pharros.

2handed:

The power attack does a dobule copter, dash attack does a triple copter, and the backstep attack also does a triple copter.

But I can not find Tintinate Shards for the life of me. Where can?

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
You can buy unlimited titanie shards at the Blacksmith in Lost Bastille, or after you defeat some bosses from the daughter of the Majula Blacksmith

Edit: You probably need twinkling titanite for that, which I have no idea where to find some either.
Currently asking myself if I should try out burning that stuff at a bonfire to respawn enemies/make the area harder. I heard you can get titanite chunks (3x) from a chest in new game + forest of fallen giants. Will try that out.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Just jump on the first/highest platform you see and remember to take off all your armour, it adds fall damage.. As said you can also pay that ladderguy to drop a ladder down there

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Edit: You probably need twinkling titanite for that, which I have no idea where to find some either.

There's a bonfire in the Forest of Fallen Giants, beyond one of the doors you need the ring from Vendrick to open. The place you enter the giants dream to kill the King of Giants. Close to the bonfire you can drop down a ledge to get 2 Twinkling Titanite. Inside the Giants' dream there is a corpse you can loot for a Bonfire Ascetic. The Bonfire Ascetic also respawns each time you burn it in the bonfire to spawn the two Twinkling Titanites. Using this trick you can get an infinite amount of Twinkling.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Thanks, but I am not that far in the game - I hope I didn't get spoilered now since I didn't have such a ring. ;)

Hobo Elf

Arcane
You can encounter such a door (this particular one, actually) before the first boss fight so it's not that much of a spoiler. It'll even tell you that you need to "Produce the symbol of a King", something along the lines of that.

Gentle Player

Arcane
tried jumping down that big hole with the cat ring last week, died every time. i guess there's some obscure, secret squirrel way of getting there

Though it's possible with the cat ring and enough hp, you can find a hidden "laddersmith" and merchant in Earthen Peak. After speaking with him he will relocate to Majula, next to the ring. Pay him enough souls (you will need 12k for the best ladder, i.e. the one that takes you down the farthest) and he will throw down a ladder. You will still have to make a minor jump to get to the very bottom, but if done right anybody could survive it.

Mortmal

Arcane
About blocking bosses: be mindful that in NG+ bosses gain a hefty bonus to stamina damage. For example, the combos Lost Sinner does cannot be blocked by my 63 stability shield. Even Mirror Knight starts taking a lot of your stamina if you try to block him. NG+ is proving to be very fun, I had to summon a friend of mine to help me with Lost Sinner because the fight is extremely difficult.

By the way, people summoned to rat worlds can chug estus, and if they die (or they don't kill the rat covenant person in time) their estus are not refilled when they're sent back to their world.

Oh, also, they fixed co-op. I was able to summon my friend without problems, and I did some co-op at the Rotten as well, and everything went fine (no time out or whatever).

Equipment being broken too is not repaired when sent back to your world after fighting rat bastards , that can become quite costly ....

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Well, I did it already, and got all the way down to the bonfire there, and warped back up. Worth the trip I say, thanks to the Lockstone.

EDIT: Besides, seeing how I'm at SL98 after just clearing Sinner, I'm pretty sure the souls used on the ring weren't a big deal.

Last edited:

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
You can farm shards and chunks on the Black gutch area from the hand enemies that live in the oil ponds, you can use pyro to set that on fire or use a torch to run arround. I farmed that area till they stopped respawning and got close to 12 large shards amd 8 chunks...pretty good farming spot

Or you can just get the ember and buy infinite large shards from McDuff and buy infinite regular shards from Chloanne after beating the Iron King.

Kanedias

Savant
I just beat Smelter Demon in NG+, I swear he was more difficult in NG. I beat him second try this time, first time I fought him (on NG) it took me upwards of 10 tries. Maybe it's the fact that my build is complete and I have 37 adaptability, because this time I found it way easier to roll through his swings. Or maybe I got got better at dodging. Who knows. Anyways NG+ so far it's being really fun.

I got so many invasions and arena action that I have 99 tokens of spite and 99 cracked red eye orbs (and I didn't buy any).

Royal Rat Authority is a pain in NG+.
He jumps down at the start of the fight, doesn't wait for you to dispose of any of the rats.

Kanedias

Savant
I vastly prefer Pate over Patches. Patches was too one dimensional and always did the same thing, which is fine, but copy pasting him into the game a third time would have been too much in my opinion.

Anyways, I got to NG+ Castle Drangleic... bleh. Got my ass kicked trying to open the main gate so much. And now, I'm stuck in the throne room...

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
I think I might be overleveling even without specifically farming anywhere yet. Beat the Sinner today, and after that I'm now SL99. Currently comboing Greatsword and Tower Shield with med roll, and it's pretty r u cool yet.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Doing the Same, what armor Do you wear with it Vaarna? I am nowhere near your Soul Level though :D

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom