Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software The Dark Souls II Megathread™

WalmartJesus

Learned
And i'm totally being a ratbro when I finally start playing next week. The fact that all the self righteous honorfags are butthurt about them makes it all the more appealing. I cant wait to grief these annoying douches and get hatemail.

Kanedias

Savant
I'm trying to do Lucatiel's questline on NG+, and I didn't know you could summon her in Black Gulch... now I have to either use a bonfire ascetic on the Wharf or have her survive NG+ Smelter Demon.

By the way, NG+ Lost Sinner is one of the hardest bosses in the Souls series. She's just brutal.
And the pyromancers that come to her aid can cast Forbidden Sun!

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Yep seems like 90% of the summon signs I try to use to summon peeps are borked. I keep getting the Error that the Sign doesn't exist anymore. Shit is gay. And I was just gonna make a Sunbro for jolly co-op too.

Make a Rat Bastard with magic buffs for weapons and using the Halberd.

:thumbsup:

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT

http://www.reddit.com/r/DarkSouls2/comments/20ynma/psa_do_not_dashboard_quitturn_off_console_during/

PSA!!!!! DO NOT DASHBOARD QUIT/TURN OFF CONSOLE DURING INVASIONS! (self.DarkSouls2)

submitted 12 hours ago by gannonbarf

When you do this, the system adds a tag on your charater. If you do this enough times, you will no longer be able to do co-op but you'll still be able ivaded. If this happens to you, you can use the Bone of Order to reconnect to the network for co-op, but only once. Keep that up and you will (most likely (Don't know if you can get another bone of order) never be able to play online with that character again. Invasions happen, suck it up. It's just part of the cruel and amazing game! This concludes my PSA. Have a nice day.

Bwahahahahahahahaha!

Not that it matters since I can count the invasions I've had with one hand. :negative: It'll take a while before invasions stabilize and by then the PC version will be out and I'll be enjoying HD textures and then have to wait for all the PC noobs to git gud

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
So let me get this staright, if you live in less blessed parts of the world with unstable internet and you get droped a couple of times you might get flagged as invade material?
Cool
It is looking more and more like I will play PC offline since I don't believe we won't be seeing more infinite health flipping havels this time...

Eagle shield (particularly preDLC)? lucky black knight shield drop?

dunno about blockable bosses... everything but grab attacks and butt stomps were blockable in DaS1, and the same thing seems to be true in DaS2. almost every boss so far (i'm not even half-way through :( ) seems to have "that 1 unblockable attack" and now shields don't upgrade stability (i think? or maybe it's further down the path?)

Shields def. upgrade stability. Bosses in DaS1 burned through your stamina much faster than here. Capra, Taurus, Gaping, Quelaag, Fat Demon Dudes are really tough to survive by just blocking/circling. Eagle Shield rapes your health if you block too much. Here you find Tower Shield after beating Old Dragonslayer (area accessible right from the start). You also buy Twin Dragon Shield (same as Eagle) for measly 2000 souls right from the start.

Pursuer, Dragon slayer/rider, sentinels, sentry, sinner - all early bosses and easily blockable. Not to mention shit like Rotten, Smelter Demon, Velstadt, Throne Defender/Watcher that just becomes way too easy with a shield. I found myself circling/blocking most of the game and it almost never failed me. Havel's Shield + 5 has like 88 stability or something. Unless you're fighting NPCs that constantly break your guard, you're a wall. Infuse Rebel's Greatshield with stone of choice and make a nearly %100 reduction for magic/fire/dark/etc. Almost all small shields suck but greatshields are just overpowered. DaS1 had decent stuff like crest/balder shields available from the start which made things a bit more balanced. Here it's impossible to survive with anything but Drangleic shield when it comes to lightweight stuff.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Wait what, you cant lockon to the lost sinner when the area is Dark? I just defeated her, didnt have the key for those two doors up there and could lock on just fine? That fight was very fun by the way. Dodging her attacks and pulling off Not to get Hit felt very rewarding. Having Problems with the smelter demon though... Also, dying a lot to the gargoyles.. Is there any Boss in the Sun belfry or whatever it is called too?

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Ah, guess I didnt notice because I tried to Stick as close to her as possible.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
Lost Sinner is pretty cake anyways. 1-shotted her.

Now that giant Rat in Doors of Pharros is a bitch. Holy massive hitbox attacks.

The obsession with ratbros doesn't make sense to me. There is literally no penalty to the intruding player. They die and then just keep going in their own world - no death or even returning to bonfire. If they manage to kill you, then you die in your world. So Bellbros can rape without consequences but ratbros get raped instead?

Hobo Elf

Arcane
The obsession with ratbros doesn't make sense to me. There is literally no penalty to the intruding player. They die and then just keep going in their own world - no death or even returning to bonfire. If they manage to kill you, then you die in your world. So Bellbros can rape without consequences but ratbros get raped instead?

The obsession is because you can set up traps against the other player, or burn ascetics to make the enemies NG+, NG++; however tough you want them to be, to completely rape other players. The consequence of being a Bell Keeper is
that you are a fagit for not following the one true king

Kanedias

Savant
About blocking bosses: be mindful that in NG+ bosses gain a hefty bonus to stamina damage. For example, the combos Lost Sinner does cannot be blocked by my 63 stability shield. Even Mirror Knight starts taking a lot of your stamina if you try to block him. NG+ is proving to be very fun, I had to summon a friend of mine to help me with Lost Sinner because the fight is extremely difficult.

By the way, people summoned to rat worlds can chug estus, and if they die (or they don't kill the rat covenant person in time) their estus are not refilled when they're sent back to their world.

Oh, also, they fixed co-op. I was able to summon my friend without problems, and I did some co-op at the Rotten as well, and everything went fine (no time out or whatever).

The obsession is because you can set up traps against the other player, or burn ascetics to make the enemies NG+, NG++; however tough you want them to be, to completely rape other players. The consequence of being a Bell Keeper is

Yeah, be a retard and rape the grave area for yourself in NG+. Keep wasting phaggot cockstones just to end up getting your own equipment broken. Meanwhile, grey spirits don't give a shit if they die or live in your shitty self-anus-pounding world.

:troll:

I just backstab the fuckers before they even leave that tunnel. It takes a long enough time for the fuckers to be summoned for me to sit around with my homo traps.

About blocking bosses: be mindful that in NG+ bosses gain a hefty bonus to stamina damage. For example, the combos Lost Sinner does cannot be blocked by my 63 stability shield. Even Mirror Knight starts taking a lot of your stamina if you try to block him. NG+ is proving to be very fun, I had to summon a friend of mine to help me with Lost Sinner because the fight is extremely difficult.

By the way, people summoned to rat worlds can chug estus, and if they die (or they don't kill the rat covenant person in time) their estus are not refilled when they're sent back to their world.

Oh, also, they fixed co-op. I was able to summon my friend without problems, and I did some co-op at the Rotten as well, and everything went fine (no time out or whatever).

63 stability is for teh gayz. Losing an estus charge is nothing compared to waiting a few minutes like a faggot just to get your mandatory 5% health decrease after you get raped.

praetor

Arcane

still shit on my end. wait forever to be summoned and when something happens it's either "host has left the area. returning to your world" when i get there, or i just get that retarded "unable to join multiplayer session" and have to restart the piece of shit. and 2 days ago everything was great... :(

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.

Yes. Having a good shield helps. Granted this is on NG.

ALL HAIL THE RAT KING! KING OF KINGS, I GIVE MY LIFE FOR THE SWARM!

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Oh man I am loving Faith in this game. It is closer to the DeS/DaS experience of sorcery damage, except a lot more satisfying because chucking Lightning Spears feels so good. The only downside to it is that you kinda need to join 3 Covenants to get the most out of it. Blue Sentinels for a a few good spells and Bolt stones, Sunbro for Sunlight Spear and lastly Pilgrims of Dark for a Chime with S faith scaling. You are breaking my balls, From.

Tribal Sarah

Arbiter
just done the chariot guy. not sure where to go next. dont have one of those feather things. dont want to do those stupid gargoyles. Anyway, I have been watching Rurikhan's playthrough. It's pretty painful.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
By the cat ring and go down the tunnel believe me its fun too and most LP are going to pretty much the same areas anyway

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Having a hard Time believing with what weapon you oneshotted the Sinner, Drago? And what has the shield have to Do with oneshotting her?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom