Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Denuvo DRM Thread

Mustawd

So what, if people can't pirate it any more, it magically gets more sales?

\Erasing piracy decreases supply. It increases the rarity of the product, which in turn increases the price.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
If supply and demand actually worked that way, the price of anything that can be pirated would be zero, because the supply is infinite. This isn't the case, so your premise is shit.

Mustawd

If supply and demand actually worked that way, the price of anything that can be pirated would be zero, because the supply is infinite. This isn't the case, so your premise is shit.

Whatever dude. I'm too busy pirating anime and crappy movies.

EDIT: Fuck it..I'll bite. Your premise is shit. You presume that because a product can be pirated then EVERYONE will pirate it. No. A majority don't even know what a torrent is. Let alone websites like megaupload, etc.

Give it up dude. Just admit that you're fucking stealing and get on with your life. No one even gives enough of a shit to even do anything about it.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
It's funny because while you speak horrors of piracy the thing that hurts sales of quality independent games the most is lack of exposure due to being drowned in shovelware on the digital stores.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
The best thing that could possibly happen for Underrail sales is to give 50% of everyone who owns a PC a free copy. Would become a classic instantly and we'd be bitching about how much they've declined by pandering to the masses 10 years from now.

Mustawd

What horrors? There are no real horrors. Reality is that piracy prolly only takes away a small % from AAA games revenues

But it IS taking away revenues from studios.

Mustawd

The best thing that could possibly happen for Underrail sales is to give 50% of everyone who owns a PC a free copy. Would become a classic instantly and we'd be bitching about how much they've declined by pandering to the masses 10 years from now.

Styg , any thoughts on this? I personally think this is bullshit. Also, Charles-cgr even went as far as going on the pirate bay and posting that he is an indie developer and to please stop pirating his games. I know because I tried pirating his game a few years ago. Never ended up doing it. So I bought it instead.

Osvir

Learned
It probably hurts independant studios more than it hurts AAA studios <- ....... that's such a retard-obvious sentence (duh)

Kids will be kids, kids don't have money, and parents aren't growing money on trees. Teenagers will continue to pirate as long as it is possible, probably (the ones that invest time and energy into it to learn about it), and then grow up, start a job, and most of the little pirates will disappear and become law abiding consumers.

Mustawd

Why can't you just admit you're a retard pretending to have the moral highground by admitting you pirate things?

You fucktard. There is no moral high ground here. Me and you are the same. Except one of us is deluded enough to convince themselves that what they're doing is a victimless crime...no...even as far as believing it's actually a benefit to the victim.

Mustawd

It probably hurts independant studios more than it hurts AAA studios <- ....... that's such a retard-obvious sentence (duh)

Kids will be kids, kids don't have money, and parents aren't growing money on trees. Teenagers will continue to pirate, probably (the ones that invest time and energy into it to learn about it), and then grow up, start a job, and most of the little pirates will disappear and become law abiding consumers.

this guy gets it.

Mustawd

Lol. I'd rather have that than emotional manipulation by a studio a la Larian. And they're bros. But they know how to play the game.

EDIT: Whatever. I've said what I was gonna say. Damned Registrations and you can feel free to believe what you want. IMO I say go ahead and pirate if you can't afford it. Just don't have any delusions of grandeur, and at least admit to yourselves what you're doing. Personally, I felt regret only like 5% of the time when I pirated stuff.

Probably explains why I consistently buy indie games now that i have $$ to spare.

Mustawd

What emotional manipulation?

Really? I mean..it's pretty obvious. the guy knows how to play the PR game. Id say that he's a bit ahead of Fargo in that respect because he's a bit more genuine in what he's trying to do. But to me it's obvious he plays on the nostalgia and emotional strings to get people hyped up.

EDIT: Even then, I still can't help loving Larian. they're my fav indie studio right now. A close second is Whalenought Studios.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Some people never get it.

If you make a quality product, people will automatically buy it, because it's so fucking great, you can't help yourself.

Meanwhile, if you make a fucking shit product, why should you be entitled to get money from it? Share it, free.

People that pirate your shit, wouldn't buy it anyway, if pirating was not possible, so you practically don't lose anything.

You can't lose money on something that was worth nothing to begin with.

Mustawd

If I couldn't pirate TV shows and Movies I'd probably pay for them. It's likely the reason why I pay for a Netflix subscription.

Mustawd

6) Israeli prime minister was killed by his own party (thanks This American life)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom