Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Squeenix The Final Fantasy X and X-2 Thread (Now in HD)

Borelli

Arcane
People who post Tidus laughter should be shot. :x

Kz3r0

Arcane
I think I played 8 hours of X-2 and shut it off. I just could not get into it, and I am GAY.
AoW1_Heroes_80x100_Halfling_Priestess.jpg
You lack the passionate heart of a cute and daring girl to appreciate dress fight.

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I've got FF X/X-2 HD for my Vita, it was actually one of the games I've bought the console, a long-awaited one.

I didn't have a chance to play FF X earlier, so this is my first time.

I'm 2-3 hours in the game and I already hate this thing: you have to backtrack the shit out of any locations and talk to everyone several times to get useful items. For example, I've read that you can aquire the skill for the Summon from talking to some woman and her dog. How should I know that without a guide? That's the thing I do not like much in Japanese games. Also there is an annoying thing, you can't predict what action will move the story further and you can miss some stuff again.

The things I like so far: prefect design as always, pretty graphics and turn-based combat.

Tidus doesn't seem a nice protagonist, I mean I don't like him much now, maybe the character will become deeper as the story progress.

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
These are early 2000's JRPG's you're talking about, man. These were the things that were specifically designed so that they could be sold with an official strategy guide for $30 extra.

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
These are early 2000's JRPG's you're talking about, man. These were the things that were specifically designed so that they could be sold with an official strategy guide for $30 extra.
Ow, didn't keep that in mind, because in early 2000 and till 2010 I didn't own any of consoles and played only on PC.

Makes sense, but still annoying.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
No, but if you don't level properly (as in where you spend your stats, not how much you fight stuff) you can be a lot weaker than you ought to be. You get exponential returns from str/magic, so if you don't focus on them you'll be much much weaker.

yes plz

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
It requires dodging lighting bolts like... 200 times in a row. Not 200 times altogether but in a fucking row.

Monkeyfinger

Cipher
Tidus and Yuna's ultimate weapons are basically gimmies.
Rikku's requires an FAQ, or attentiveness to a certain world detail that most players would gloss over in a JRPG.
Kimahri's requires a movement skill based minigame that some players can't handle.
Auron's requires slight grinding.
Lulu and Wakka's require insane grinding and should likely be skipped.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
What's the speedrun record on beating the optional boss Penance again? That fight's another example of "wtf do these Japs get off on this" in the game.

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Well, I believe I'm somewhere near the end of the game, and it's not really fun/entertaining/amazing. And I think totally the walkthrough will take something about 30 hours, I expected a bit more, so I decided to check the optional stuff and it doesn't seem any more interesting.

Do not get such high rankings for the game.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
I thought Yojimbo didn't work on him. BTW why didn't you let him sleep and provoked him?
It requires dodging lighting bolts like... 200 times in a row. Not 200 times altogether but in a fucking row.
Wasn't that only 100x?

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I thought Yojimbo didn't work on him. BTW why didn't you let him sleep and provoked him?
Wasn't that only 100x?
I sure as hell didn't beat him by fighting him. And I know I beat him. Although, I don't remember how much I payed Yoji to use his insta kill attack. Played the game more than ten years ago.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
No it's 200 lightning bolts. Should've played a good FF instead, like FF12. or Tactics. Or Vagrant Story.
Or you could forgot that simple weapon, that's for LuLu anyway, and go for something more important. Like finishing that race with negative counts on that timer.

And of course... there is a certain interesting feature on the emulator.

Self-Ejected

AngryEddy

Self-Ejected
Are you people really happy at going back to 30-40 hours of ridiculously badly translated cutscenes (telling a weak story) interrupted by painfully railroaded jrpg content ? I liked the combat system and if the game opened up from the start instead of opening up in the end, it would be fine, but as it is, it's not worth bothering with this crap again.

Oh and even if you have a PS3, don't bother looking for super graphics. ALL the HD remakes are just upscaled versions of the PS2 games in widescreen format. PCSX2 can offer you upscaled graphics + widescreen hacks + shaders to fix washed out colors + savestates.

FFX and FFX-2 had some good boss fights + i've never played ANY of the international content for either FF or Kingdom Hearts.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom