Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News The Game Awards 2020: Disco Elysium - The Final Cut, Dragon Age and Mass Effect

Straight elf

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
I actually do have some hope for the Bioware games. For the last 10 years they have been releasing nothing but failures, not just by Codex or "hardcore gamers" standards, but even from the mainstream perspective. Anthem, Andromeda, Generals 2, SWTOR have all been utter disasters no matter how one looks at it. Things have gotten so bad that they simply can't get much worse and so we will likely see some regression to the mean. That said, it's still Bioware so I fully expect them to bring back their signature heavy handed woke moralizing, BUTTON-AWESOME-BUTTON-AWESOME gameplay, bland and annoying characters etc. Worth buying at discount for a weekend or two of non-demanding fun.

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I actually do have some hope for the Bioware games. For the last 10 years they have been releasing nothing but failures, not just by Codex or "hardcore gamers" standards, but even from the mainstream perspective. Anthem, Andromeda, Generals 2, SWTOR have all been utter disasters no matter how one looks at it. Things have gotten so bad that they simply can't get much worse and so we will likely see some regression to the mean. That said, it's still Bioware so I fully expect them to bring back their signature heavy handed woke moralizing, BUTTON-AWESOME-BUTTON-AWESOME gameplay, bland and annoying characters etc. Worth buying at discount for a weekend or two of non-demanding fun.

I wouldn't call SWTOR an utter disaster, more like an average SW WoW clone mixed with an average bioware RPG, with each side detracting the other

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom