Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community The Great Avatar Purge

LundB

Mistakes were made.
Here's the first of an entire series, based on the King of the Hill GAIDEN JRPG I'm making.
I think this is a joke, but I hope it isn't.
KING OF THE HILL GAIDEN I: PROPANE ACCESSORY SIGMA SENKI

That boy ain't right, Peggy-chan.

:desu:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
So custom avatars have been disabled?

Is it simply incompetence or an attempt to start extracting money?

Either way, seems like the RPG Codex is going the way of all the shitty game companies it loathes.

You should know better.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
First batch, BGII sprites

https://www.dropbox.com/s/oytq0zk2qxldd0o/Baldurs GateII.rar

djinn4ushh.png
mon62ossx.png
mon121lssk.png

Added.

Crooked Bee can you clip the border from the Wasteland avatar? Looks like a postage stamp.

Or just replace it with this?

WL_ani_107.gif

In that case I'd have to clip that border from all W avatars, which is just too much pointless work. :P I might do it when I get around to fixing the Wasteland gallery (adding transparent borders or finding the higher-res versions of same avatars), though.

xenforo also doesn't seem to properly support animated gifs, so sorry, can't do that either.

Where did you get that gif from though? Is there a full set of those available for download somewhere? I might use them as a basis for fixing the Wasteland gallery even if I'd have to remove the animation.

Crooked Bee I haphazardly did some for Warlock - Master of the Arcane. Not perfectly symmetrical but close enough for Greenshot and government work: https://www.dropbox.com/s/r7o7g6efaum0wow/Warlock.zip

Added.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Where did you get that gif from though? Is there a full set of those available for download somewhere? I might use them as a basis for fixing the Wasteland gallery even if I'd have to remove the animation.

There's a full collection of Wasteland gifs here

Crooked Bee

Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Gregz The Wasteland gallery is now fixed. Thanks to BN's link, it now has more and better-quality portraits.

Please reselect your avatar (and don't forget to clear your cache if need be).

Alchemist

Arcane
I'm enjoying this incline of our avatar gallery selections and would like to contribute. I'm planning to put together a selection of Bard's Tale series avatars, based on the encounter images.

Crooked Bee - a question for you: if the source image is 88 pixels high should I add transparent pixels at the bottom to fill it out to 96 pixels high? Width isn't a problem since these Bard's Tale images are already over 96 pixels wide. I'm going to crop them to 96px wide - for pixel-perfect accuracy.

mikaelis

Prophet
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
It is not an urgent case, but would be very happy if you include "bleeding Mercurio" to V:TM gallery.

Frankly speaking, my current (and the first) avatar freaks me out.

norolim

Arcane
That's a big step in the right direction. As far as the next move, I suggest changing the name of the site to Communex!

Crooked Bee

Patron
I'm enjoying this incline of our avatar gallery selections and would like to contribute. I'm planning to put together a selection of Bard's Tale series avatars, based on the encounter images.

Crooked Bee - a question for you: if the source image is 88 pixels high should I add transparent pixels at the bottom to fill it out to 96 pixels high? Width isn't a problem since these Bard's Tale images are already over 96 pixels wide. I'm going to crop them to 96px wide - for pixel-perfect accuracy.

Just leave them at 88px, really. I can add the transparent backgrounds myself.

Alchemist

Arcane

Just leave them at 88px, really. I can add the transparent backgrounds myself.
Well I figured I could save you the trouble since I'm cropping / exporting them in Photoshop anyway. Adding 8 transparent bottom pixels to the canvas is pretty quick for me with PS actions. I can save out to png - and then you could just upload them straight away.

mondblut

Arcane
I love how all custom avatars are branded as shit, while pretty much any retarded suggestion for the av gallery gets canonized; i.e gallery needs a purge too.

Agreed. The entrance barrier seems to be getting so low, even Tetris avatars can get introduced.

Down with weeaboo galleries, and other non-RPG galleries either while we're at that. Universally accepted non-RPG codex favorites are ok, I guess, but not this "hai gais i built and screencapped some shit in minecrap, can we make a gallery pls?" newly awakened plague.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom